Popular Pages

Page 90 of 348 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: P2 Be True - mid May starters wanna group up?

R/P/M
    r3/p3
    Quote Originally Posted by ExNavyInHouston View Post
    My dose must have been way off, because today no shot and I feel great. No excessive hunger.

As it slowly depletes, I'm removing the excess, and it really makes a difference. I just hope tomorrow's 15 units is exactly where I need to be.

Spending the day in the garage cleaning the Yamaha, and now the Harley. Then after that it's the floor.

Not a glamorous Saturday, but needs to be done.

Yay!!!!! So happy the hunger is better.
    Monica

R1 - 27 lbs lost (LDW 150)
    R2 - 14.6 lbs lost (LDW 135.4)
    R3- 15.9 lbs lost (LIW 134)

R/P/M
    R1/P2/DIY Homeopathic Drops
    Blog Entries
    Hello!
    .4 loss this morning which is less than normal but I had milk and carbs yesterday which I haven't done in awhile so who knows it it was that or just slowing down. I am nearing the end of week 3, have lost 13 pounds (net) and 17 from my missing weight. I guess that is good?
    I met with another Portland hcg'er this morning, had tea and went to the farmers market for grass fed organic meat it helped alot though now I feel like I have some decisions.
    so many people recommend the book primal body primal mind which I understand advocates eating mostly animal proteins and vegetables and no other carbs or starches. From my medical background I know this keeps your body in a prolonged state of ketosis where it is burning fat for fuel instead if carbs.
    I understand the theory and why it promotes weight loss and why people seem to have less trouble stabilizing if you eat this way.
    however, the research out there warns of the potential side effects of long term ketosis, especially kidney problems and osteoporosis which unfortunately aren't really evident until it is too late...
    so, im scared of having problems stabilizing but also scares of potential health risks of not adding healthy carbs like fruits, etc back into my diet....

R/P/M
    R1P3 Primal
    I am reading PB PM now and it's pretty awesome. I work in a hospital and have an extensive background in nutrition - I am not worried about excluding fruits at all. This book backs up everything it says with peer reviewed research. Plus - it makes logical sense. I think it's worth a read.

Quote Originally Posted by ParamedicMoo View Post
    Hello!
    .4 loss this morning which is less than normal but I had milk and carbs yesterday which I haven't done in awhile so who knows it it was that or just slowing down. I am nearing the end of week 3, have lost 13 pounds (net) and 17 from my missing weight. I guess that is good?
    I met with another Portland hcg'er this morning, had tea and went to the farmers market for grass fed organic meat it helped alot though now I feel like I have some decisions.
    so many people recommend the book primal body primal mind which I understand advocates eating mostly animal proteins and vegetables and no other carbs or starches. From my medical background I know this keeps your body in a prolonged state of ketosis where it is burning fat for fuel instead if carbs.
    I understand the theory and why it promotes weight loss and why people seem to have less trouble stabilizing if you eat this way.
    however, the research out there warns of the potential side effects of long term ketosis, especially kidney problems and osteoporosis which unfortunately aren't really evident until it is too late...
    so, im scared of having problems stabilizing but also scares of potential health risks of not adding healthy carbs like fruits, etc back into my diet....
    Height: 5'10
    Loaded May 12,13,14
    May 15th - Day One of VLCD
    P2Week 1: -8.5 (5/21)
    P2Week2: -14.8 (5/28)
    P2Week3: -17.4 (6/4)
    Last Day of R1P2: -17.4 (6/5)

P3 - maintaining within 2 lbs

R/P/M
    R5/PH2/hHCG
    Happy Saturday all, Congrats to the nice loss at the end of your round bikinigirl....and...maybe the rest of us should stand, hand in hand and do a "loss dance" rather like a rain dance....

Anyway, down a pound here, almost to the end of week 2, 4 more to go....and ugh..for now, back to the heating pad.

Have a great night all! Stay strong!!
    One foot in front of the other, each day a new opportunity for success.

Rnd 1 (40 day)
    Ph 2 total loss 33.6

Rnd 2 (40 day)
    Ph 2 total loss 25.2

Rnd 3 (30 day)
    Ph 2 total loss 15.4

Rnd 4 (24 day)
    Ph 2 Total Loss 21.6

Rnd 5 (23 day planned)
    Ph1 ended at +3.2 LDW
    Ph2 ended (-13.2)
    LDW 144.2

R/P/M
    P2 / Rx Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by ExNavyInHouston View Post
    [B]
    More on the apple and the pickles. What bothers me about this is, after reading the book Weight-Loss Apocalypse: Emotional Eating Rehab Through the HCG Protocol - I realized I was emotional eating, and not eating out of hunger. I had those items because I just wanted them. I wanted the apple because I still had it coming to me. And I ate the pickles because I just bought them and wanted to open them and taste. It was only a 20 calorie, but it was the point. I wasn't hungry.
    Isn't it amazing how this book really makes you stop and think? It makes you aware of your eating habits and that's the first step to making changes. I am really excited to get to P3/P4 and try it out in the "real world".
    ~ Kim ~

5'10" ~ Start Wt 231.6 (5/12/12)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

My Blog - http://hcgchangedmylife.blogspot.com/

R/P/M
    P2 / Rx Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by zachsmommy View Post
    There must be a zero loss epidemic going around. I'm in the same boat.
    Me too!

TOM finally got here today (I've been waiting a week) so I am ready to get on with some losses. I could really tell this morning that I was retaining water, so I guess I'm glad it was just a zero and not a gain.

The last few days I have been feeling different - hungry, weak, headaches. I'm not sure if it was because of TOM coming on, or what. But last night when I ate a big serving of protein I felt so much better. So today I have had a conscious effort to eat alot of protein. I'm on track to eat 60 grams of protein today. And I haven't had any headaches and I feel great. I don't know if it was the protein that helped or not, but I am just glad to be feeling better! It was so tempting to cheat when I was feeling bad - everything smelled good, looked good, etc. I am glad I didn't cheat, as hard as it was.

My Grandma told me I looked "skinny" today - gotta love that (even if it is coming from Grandma).

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
    ~ Kim ~

R/P/M
    P2 / Rx Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by ParamedicMoo View Post
    I am a firm believer in low-carb and while I hear lots of people refer to kidney problems with low carb, I have yet to see a study that proved anything. I know for myself I FEEL so much better when I am eating low carb and I believe that's how our bodies were meant to function. Unfortunately the food industry has tried to scare us into believing that we can't live without carbs. It's all very sad.

I really would like to read Primal Body Primal Mind too. I don't know if I could make it on Paleo, because I love dairy and cheese - but I am interested in the science behind it.
    ~ Kim ~

R/P/M
    R3/P3 hHCG
    Blog Entries
    Primal eating does not exclude dairy and cheese. The book "Primal Body, Primal Mind" has transformed my life!! In such a fabulous way! I eat strictly primal, including loads of raw dairy, and it feels so much better than any way I've ever eaten before.
    Ketones are the brain's preferred fuel and being in ketosis is a far healthier state to be in than not. It is ketoacidosis, not ketosis, that can present potential health problems.
    5'4", goal 120
    R1 Corion subQ 2/10/12 159.5
    17 lbs/39 VLCD (.44/day) LIW 142.5

R2 hHCG 5/3/12 start weight 146.5
    14.5 lbs/36 VLCD (.40/day) LDW 132

R3 hHCG 6/27/12 138.5
    8.5 lbs./23 VLCD LDW 130

R/P/M
    P2 / Rx Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by Kundalini View Post
    Primal eating does not exclude dairy and cheese. The book "Primal Body, Primal Mind" has transformed my life!! In such a fabulous way! I eat strictly primal, including loads of raw dairy, and it feels so much better than any way I've ever eaten before.
    Ketones are the brain's preferred fuel and being in ketosis is a far healthier state to be in than not. It is ketoacidosis, not ketosis, that can present potential health problems.
    Thanks for clarifying. I must be confusing it with Paleo - I really didn't realize there was a difference. I put the book on hold at the library - can't wait to read it.
    ~ Kim ~

Senior Member thirteenblessings's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Phase 3 HHCG
    Oh my gosh I need a swift kick in the butt!!! I am having bad cravings. I was weak and tired and dizzy today so I had a brownie. Please what can I do to stop cheating? I was doing so well. I'm having a very tough time wrapping my mind around the diet lately. I'm so upset right now.
    ~Heather
    Round who knows. Phase 2. HHCG Pellets
    Week 1: (7)
    VLCD 8: 165.5 (1)
    "Do or do not. There is no try" ~Yoda