Popular Pages

Thread: Phase 2 & Exercise

Phase 2 & Exercise

Hey Everyone!!

I wanted to get some opinions on exercising while on hcg. My doctor has told me only a small amount of exercise is ok, such as a 20 min walk, but I would like to do more than that. I've really been wanting to do squats, sit ups, lunges, etc. I want to tone while I lose. Has anyone tried having a semi regular workout routine while on hcg? Did you continue to lose the same amount a weight as opposed to when you didnt workout? Im really nervous about starting because I have had really great results so far and I dont want to slow down my weight loss. Any advice would be great!

R/P/M
    R1/P3/LDW 130.1
    I'll only speak from my experience of trying to exercise while on P2. I was a regular exerciser prior to starting. I ran on a pretty regular basis, so my body was used to it. On the second week I tried to run a bit, I did a 40 min run/walk mix and I was pooped. I probably was exercising at about a level 5 when I was used to going at about a 7 and it took every little ounce of energy right out of me. The next day I was overly sore and ravenous. So I thought that I would take it even easier and tried 40 min on the elliptical at a pretty easy pace. Same thing happened. So....I decided that apparently 500 calories isn't enough to sustain while exercising and I will just wait it out until I hit P3 then resume.

Now walking is an entirely different situation altogether, I can walk just fine, I have considered trying some easy yoga just because I miss exercise, but not much more than that. So, I don't know if I would start to add in any resistance types of exercises.

thanks! Maybe I will hold off on exercising for now. Im just so use to doing it that I feel odd not doing anything at all.

R/P/M
    R1/P3/LDW 130.1
    Tell me about it, it is harder for me to give up than many foods!

I actually started doing a bit of exercise about mid-round. Just some basic walking really, but I have gotten a bit faster as I go. I used to go to the gym for hours, so I know my body can handle it, but I did up my calories to 600 each day and filled the extra 100 in with lean protein. I think the exercise gives me bigger losses, but I am doing the extra cals and I'm not doing anything intense. I skipped friday and saturday and had lower losses (could just be coincidental though) and walked for 60 minutes yesterday and I'm down 1.8 today. If you want to, I would say go ahead! But consider upping your protein so you don't have muscle loss. I know several people on this board add protein shakes or something because they want to exercise. Just don't go too intense too quick.

R/P/M
    R3, P2,Subq
    Quote Originally Posted by moya View Post
    I'll only speak from my experience of trying to exercise while on P2. I was a regular exerciser prior to starting. I ran on a pretty regular basis, so my body was used to it. On the second week I tried to run a bit, I did a 40 min run/walk mix and I was pooped. I probably was exercising at about a level 5 when I was used to going at about a 7 and it took every little ounce of energy right out of me. The next day I was overly sore and ravenous. So I thought that I would take it even easier and tried 40 min on the elliptical at a pretty easy pace. Same thing happened. So....I decided that apparently 500 calories isn't enough to sustain while exercising and I will just wait it out until I hit P3 then resume.

Now walking is an entirely different situation altogether, I can walk just fine, I have considered trying some easy yoga just because I miss exercise, but not much more than that. So, I don't know if I would start to add in any resistance types of exercises.
    I too will miss daily exercise WHAT ANSWER I HAVE NOT FOUND IS.. can I exercise normally on P1. I think I can, right? thanks, thought you mite know given your answer to the other persons ?. thanks