Popular Pages

Thread: Planned Interruption Questions

Planned Interruption Questions

Hi all,

We are on Round 2. Today is Day 20 of injections. I think that means VLCD 18 then with the 2 days of loading? Anyway, we are going out of town next weekend and would like to do a planned interruption. I realize we canít have starch or sugar, and need to eat P3 but would like to be able to eat more and to have fats. Questions:

Does PI have to be 4 days minimum? Or would 3 be ok, for example?

If 4 days, we would stop injections on Monday, after 22 injections. Tuesday and Wednesday would be VLCD, and then we would do Planned Interruption for Thursday through Sunday and start injections again Monday. This would essentially give us 24 days on diet, but only 22 on VLCD. Is that enough to do a PI? Iím confused because Iíve seen people say 20 days, 23 days, and differing amount of days?

When we return to injections, do we have to do it another 18 days to complete 40 injections, in order to stabilize well, or could we just do another 7-10 injections, letís say, and finish the round? I've also seen where people say you need to do at at least 21 days after PI.

If I were to have some alcohol, what would be the best? Wine or hard liquor, since most donít have carbs I think?

Any other advice or success stories with PI would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

R/P/M
    P4
    P&I says it has to be more than 4 days, but no longer than 2 weeks. I haven't tried doing 3 days, but you could test it out. Also, you can't take an interruption until you have had 20 effective injections. P&I explains "effective" like this, "We distinguish between the first three injections, which we call “non-effective” as far as the loss of weight is concerned, and the subsequent injections given while the patient is dieting, which we call 'effective'." I think that's why you hear both 20 days and 23 days. It is 23 days of total injections, or 20 effective injections. Again, if you aren't quite to that many days, you could give it a try and see how it goes.

I think another 7-10 injections after the interruption is fine. I'd probably aim for 10 just to be safe.

I've done a planned interruption on most of my rounds. They work just fine for me. I eat P3-style, eating lots of fat, protein and non-starchy vegetables. I don't seem to gain as long as I eat enough fat/protein. I don't drink very often, so I don't have advice on that.

Here's what P&I says about interruptions:

"If an interruption of treatment lasting more than four days is necessary, the patient must increase his diet to at least 800 Calories by adding meat, eggs, cheese, and milk to his diet after the third day, as otherwise he will find himself so hungry and weak that he is unable to go about his usual occupation. If the interval lasts less than two weeks the patient can directly resume injections and the 500-Calorie diet, but if the interruption lasts longer he must again eat normally until he has had his third injection.
    When a patient knows beforehand that he will have to travel and be absent for more than four days, it is always better to stop injections three days before he is due to leave so that he can have the three days of strict dieting which are necessary after the last injection at home. This saves him from the almost impossible task of having to arrange the 500 Calorie diet while en route, and he can thus enjoy a much greater dietary freedom from the day of his departure. Interruptions occurring before 20 effective injections have been given are most undesirable, because with less than that number of injections some weight is liable to be regained. After the 20th injection an unavoidable interruption is merely a loss of time."

Also, does this mean that if I stopped injections during TOM a few days ago, that the number of injections is even further reduced? Or since HCG is produced by body that you don't have to minus those days? I also have done a few skip days in anticipation of a long round. Thank you!

R/P/M
    P4
    Only the days you actually inject count, as far as I understand it. The skipped days don't count.