Popular Pages

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: R2P2 Starting 7/7/2012 Anyone Else?

R/P/M
    R3/P2/RX Sublingual
    Quote Originally Posted by SunneeCyn View Post
    Hello everyone!

I have been recovering from mouth surgery and have been away from the boards and it's been difficult at best. I am a complete baby when it comes to dental work and have put this off for years....so it's long over due but emotionally exhausting none the less. Protein shakes and eggs have been my food....I hope it doesn't backfire on me. Time will tell.

Tiki, sounds like you are doing well on P3 -- I too was hesitant on R1P3 but it worked out fine, keep listening to your body and you will get there!

Litter, best of luck to you in your journey as well. Please come back to visit!

Sunnee
    wishing you quick healing!

ROUND 3 June 24: Start 182.5
    Week One Loss: 173.5 9
    Week Two Loss: 170.0 3.5
    Week Three Loss: 165.0 5
    TOTAL LOSS: 17.5

R/P/M
    R2/P2/SQ
    Glad to hear everyone is doing well, diet-wise anyway. Maybe not so much dentally speaking. Hope you feel better soon, Sunee.

I have not lost much weight on this diet despite sticking to protocol. It seems I just don't carry much body fat at all and the little I have is reluctant to leave. I'm going to persevere and hope to drop a few more pounds. If this stubborn fat was more spread out around my body, I'd probably call it a day and move on to P3. Unfortunately it's sitting in my thighs and butt and must be banished.

The food doesn't gross me out as much as it did in the beginning. I've been experimenting with it and come up with some pretty good meals, despite the limitations. Today's experiment is apple chips. They are in a low oven now and I have huge hopes that they'll be terrific. If they turn out, I'll share the recipe. It's got exactly 3 ingredients and one of them is optional.
    Gypsy

R/P/M
    R3 P2 patches www.frequencyapps.com
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyDancer View Post
    Glad to hear everyone is doing well, diet-wise anyway. Maybe not so much dentally speaking. Hope you feel better soon, Sunee.

I have not lost much weight on this diet despite sticking to protocol. It seems I just don't carry much body fat at all and the little I have is reluctant to leave. I'm going to persevere and hope to drop a few more pounds. If this stubborn fat was more spread out around my body, I'd probably call it a day and move on to P3. Unfortunately it's sitting in my thighs and butt and must be banished.

The food doesn't gross me out as much as it did in the beginning. I've been experimenting with it and come up with some pretty good meals, despite the limitations. Today's experiment is apple chips. They are in a low oven now and I have huge hopes that they'll be terrific. If they turn out, I'll share the recipe. It's got exactly 3 ingredients and one of them is optional.
    Gypsy, even if they DON'T turn out good, share the recipe anyway; it might be able to be tweaked!

Sunnee
    Online at the Weight Loss Center

http://frequencyapps.com/affiliate/2004

Cyn - Age: 55 Height: 5' 4" Ed - Age: 57 Height 6'1"

R/P/M
    R2/P2/SQ
    Good news on two fronts this morning. I dropped 1.4 pounds since yesterday--by far the biggest loss since week 1! And the apple chips were great, and one apple makes a huge pile of chips so you feel like you're getting to eat a lot more than you really are. Here's the recipe:

Take one smallish, sweet, crisp apple. Please don't use a tart one like a Granny Smith or a soft one like a Red Delicious. Gala or Macintosh would be good choices.
    Core the apple, but do not peel. (Coring is actually optional, but that's what I did) Slice it paper thin. I used a mandolin. If you don't have one, you could try doing it with a knife or in a Cuisinart with a slicing attachment.
    Place the slices on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Do not overlap the apple slices.
    Dust the apple slices with a light sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg.
    Bake in a 200 degree oven for one hour.
    Flip the slices and bake for an additional hour.
    If you've sliced them thin enough they will cool in just a minute to almost a potato chip consistency. If they're still floppy, continue to bake them for as much additional time as necessary. Devour.

The reason I didn't use tart apples is that I wanted to avoid using a sweetener. Stevia is okay in cold things, but I've found cooking with it makes it unbearably bitter. But with a sweet apple you don't need the additional sweetening.
    Gypsy

R/P/M
    Good news on two fronts this morning. I dropped 1.4 pounds since yesterday--by far the biggest loss since week 1! And the apple chips were great, and one apple makes a huge pile of chips so you feel like you're getting to eat a lot more than you really are. Here's the recipe:

Take one smallish, sweet, crisp apple. Please don't use a tart one like a Granny Smith or a soft one like a Red Delicious. Gala or Macintosh would be good choices.
    Core the apple, but do not peel. (Coring is actually optional, but that's what I did) Slice it paper thin. I used a mandolin. If you don't have one, you could try doing it with a knife or in a Cuisinart with a slicing attachment.
    Place the slices on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Do not overlap the apple slices.
    Dust the apple slices with a light sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg.
    Bake in a 200 degree oven for one hour.
    Flip the slices and bake for an additional hour.
    If you've sliced them thin enough they will cool in just a minute to almost a potato chip consistency. If they're still floppy, continue to bake them for as much additional time as necessary. Devour.

The reason I didn't use tart apples is that I wanted to avoid using a sweetener. Stevia is okay in cold things, but I've found cooking with it makes it unbearably bitter. But with a sweet apple you don't need the additional sweetening.
    Good Morning all -- Gypsy, congrats on the loss! I have been babying my mouth all week and have been very limited as to what I can eat so my losses have been ounces but it's still a loss! Your apple post made me try on my own and they also came out great!

I used cinnamon and white powder stevia (not bitter at all) and my mandolin as well....used my convection oven at 300 for 1 hour, flipping them every 15 minutes. Wonderful snack and great idea. For P3 you can even sprinkle them with sugar free jello for a fruity mix of flavors!

Have a great day all!!

Sunnee

R/P/M
    R2/P2/SQ
    Sunnee,

As someone said to me early on (and I think it was you), a loss is a loss. Congratulations on keeping on under such trying circumstances. Hope your mouth gets better quickly. Dental work is the worst.

What brand of powdered Stevia are you using? I have the sweetleaf from Trader Joe's and it gets yucky when cooked. I've tried it in tomato sauce and on baked apple slices and both were pretty bad, but I make lemonade with it and it's fine. I also put it in a mustard vinaigrette and it's okay there, too. I also have various flavored drops in different brands. I was thinking that when I get to P3, I'll make cocoa crack and not add the sweetener until after I've cooked the cocoa/coconut oil mixture. That way, hopefully, it won't have a chance to get bitter. Or I'll do what everyone else does and find some xylitol.
    Gypsy

R/P/M
    Sunnee,

As someone said to me early on (and I think it was you), a loss is a loss. Congratulations on keeping on under such trying circumstances. Hope your mouth gets better quickly. Dental work is the worst.

What brand of powdered Stevia are you using? I have the sweetleaf from Trader Joe's and it gets yucky when cooked. I've tried it in tomato sauce and on baked apple slices and both were pretty bad, but I make lemonade with it and it's fine. I also put it in a mustard vinaigrette and it's okay there, too. I also have various flavored drops in different brands. I was thinking that when I get to P3, I'll make cocoa crack and not add the sweetener until after I've cooked the cocoa/coconut oil mixture. That way, hopefully, it won't have a chance to get bitter. Or I'll do what everyone else does and find some xylitol.
    Hi Gypsy -- I tried several types and they were all horribly bitter...YUCK! I finally went to my local health food store and the clerk recommended NuNatural White Stevia Powder....thank GOD!! It doesn't have any bitter aftertaste AND I can even bake with it!

I was a Splenda addict; it's nice to be able to get off of that merry go round and use something healthier.

If you ask your local health food store they should be able to carry it for u! Good luck!

Sunnee

I agree with gypsy, sunnee, keep it up a loss is a loss. I don't know if I could maintain a diet like this with such mouth pain, but you're doin it!

Sorry I havent chimed in with support lately, been swamped with kids activities and trying to start up a new practice. I'm still on track, 27 down! Keep it up everyone!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

R/P/M
    Quote Originally Posted by eyedoc17 View Post
    I agree with gypsy, sunnee, keep it up a loss is a loss. I don't know if I could maintain a diet like this with such mouth pain, but you're doin it!

Sorry I havent chimed in with support lately, been swamped with kids activities and trying to start up a new practice. I'm still on track, 27 down! Keep it up everyone!

Well done Doc! We have such great successes on this thread!!! AFM - another.08 down..45 since the beginning of hcg and another 10 prior...I am so proud of my accomplishments!!!

Have a STRONG day everyone!!

Sunnee

Holy crap! Gained .5 this morning and I have not strayed one iota! I did have to eat really late last night, so I'm hoping its just a fluke. Making sure I drink PLENTY of water today too.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast