Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shampoo and Conditioner

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Daily injections

Shampoo and Conditioner

What kind of shampoo and conditioner does everyone use? I wash my hair every other day. I started the VLCD diet on Saturday and was down 3.4 lbs Sunday a.m. I washed my hair on Sunday with my regular shampoo and conditioner. Yesterday I was only down 0.8 lbs. Because I washed Sunday, I did not wash yesterday. This morning I was down 2 lbs. Do you all think this is because of my sham&cond? I use Dove.
    -Danielle

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by daily417 View Post
    What kind of shampoo and conditioner does everyone use? I wash my hair every other day. I started the VLCD diet on Saturday and was down 3.4 lbs Sunday a.m. I washed my hair on Sunday with my regular shampoo and conditioner. Yesterday I was only down 0.8 lbs. Because I washed Sunday, I did not wash yesterday. This morning I was down 2 lbs. Do you all think this is because of my sham&cond? I use Dove.
    I didn't change my shampoo and conditioner and I also wash my hair every other day (I use a moisterizing line from Pureology). I haven't noticed any weight gain/lack of weight gain tied to the days I wash my hair (today is VLCD13 for me and I'm averaging close to a pound a day loss). Basically, your hair is dead and shouldn't absorb anything--just don't put the conditioner on your roots next to your scalp (your stylist has probably told you this anyway). I DO clip my hair up off my shoulders during the 5 minutes or so that I leave the conditioner on... I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. I think that Dove products have extra moisturizing ingredients in them, but I'm not sure. However, I also use Dove soap and am still on track.
    "Just for today, I can do anything! Tomorrow is another day!"

Back on the hCG train after 1.5 rounds in 2010 (yes, I quit in the middle of my second round. )

R1 8/24/13 - 10/4/13 = (23.4lbs)

R2 11/16/13 - 12/17/13 = (19.5lbs)

R3 started 3/1/14
    R3 a bust due to severe illness and multiple rx meds (antibiotics, steroids). Boo! P3 not done properly (totally my fault!) and gain of 15 lbs between this round and the beginning of R4

R4 started 8/31/14

R/P/M
    R2P2-hucog
    I use Natures Gate & its the best shampoo & conditioner that I have discovered, I always was hooked on Aussie until now. I still use my Dove soap & havent had a stall yet I am on VLCD 12. I also only wash my hair every other day & I do keep the conditioner off my scalp.

R/P/M
    R3-Homeopathic Drops
    I use whatever shampoo and conditioner that is on sale...no stall in my weight loss. I also use the same products to defrizz my hair making sure to only put it on the ends..

R/P/M
    R4/P3
    I used baby shampoo and Ivory soap only, and my skin was in such poor shape when I moved to p3! I think I missed smelling good and having soft skin almost as much as chocolate. Next round, which I am starting first week in January, I may use regular shampoo.

R/P/M
    Waiting for HCG arrival
    Blog Entries
    Dr Simmon's manuscript seems to suggest that hand contact to oil will affect weight loss. Most conditioners have some kind of oil.......now I am wondering if i should wear gloves to put on my conditioner?

R/P/M
    R3-Homeopathic Drops
    I am a big glove user...but never thought to use while washing my hair..I also do not see washing my hair an issue with weight loss..I use whatever is on sale and wash once every 3 days.

R/P/M
    R1/P2/HCG drops
    I use Jason's Natural aloe vera shampoo and Nature's Gate Conditioner. They haven't impacted my loss. I notice a little bit of dandruff - but I think that is just from switching shampoos. Both of them have no oil in their ingredients and I was told that Jason's aloe vera shampoo was safe from a friend who lost a lot on the diet. I don't think it has affected my weight loss. I don't use moisturizer except carmex on my lips and I have given up my moroccan oil treatments on this diet though - can't wait for P3!
    Start weight for hcg 156.4--March 17, 2011
    R1VLCD1--161.8 (gained 5.4 lbs on load)
    LDW-- 140.6

R/P/M
    R2/P2
    I am only on VLCD5, but I have been using gloves to apply my hair products, and clipping my hair up when I have on conditioner.
    Alicia

R/P/M
    R4/P2/pellets
    I use Joico shampoo and conditioner, I am a stylist so I also use it everyday on my clients too, so lots of contact with it on hands, and it has never effected my losses, I have lost 46+ lbs in 2 short rounds.