Popular Pages

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Stalls

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal

Stalls

If there's one question that we veterans get more than any other, it's about stalls. We answer these every single day. So here is the skinny on stalls: THEY HAPPEN. You didn't do anything wrong. A stall after the first few days of great losses is almost a given. A long stall in the middle of the round is more common than not.

But rejoice! Stalls aren't a bad thing. I know they feel bad because you've been so good and have followed the diet to a T. But what happens is that you are gaining back some of the water you lost early on. So the fat THAT IS STILL BEING LOST is not showing up on the scales. I really believe those stalls help solidify the losses for when you get to P3 too. I see way more people upset about gaining in P3 when they rushed there as soon as they could because of that typical stall. They assume their body is done, but that's not the case.

So don't be fooled. Hold the course and don't let the stall upset you. It will break when it's ready to break. There is little you can do about it. You may read stories about having a handful of nuts or doing a mini steak day. But these things really don't work. It's just coincidence because the stall was about to break anyway. It would have broken no matter what you did. We get so desperate for it to break that we will try anything. Take your measurements. This will encourage you when you are in the middle of a stall. I have had 10 day stalls in the middle of every long round so I know how upsetting it can be. But put your sights on the end goal and know that you are getting there!

R/P/M
    R5/P3/SubQ
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Grammy! I really needed to hear that.

R5P3
    At Goal!!
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin!"

R/P/M
    R 3 P2 Homeopathic Pellets
    stalls are why I don't weigh in daily. I know they're normal, natural, expected, I accept that, - I still HATE to see it. So I don't!

Wow thank you. it is discouraging. I will hang in there... vickie

Thanks! I needed that. More helpful than you know!

R/P/M
    R1 P3 Drops Day 10 of Ph3 Down 26.8
    I needed to hear that, seems I have sit at the same weight for 4 or 5 days.. Thanks!
    "Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Frozen HCG Injections
    I needed to hear this too. TY
    Nosce te ipsum

Grammy, I am on VLCD 7 am have a net loss of 6.8 pounds. This morning I am exactly the same weight as yesterday. Would there be harm in my doing an apple day today--or for it to be effective, do you need a true, 4-5 day plateau?
    -Lauren

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    It's apt to make you GAIN not lose when you do an apple day like that. And apple days are useless for most anyway.

R/P/M
    1/P2/sublingual drops
    Blog Entries

Unhappy I needed that!

I am encouraged...lost another .4 lb this morning! I am excited that there may be a more significant loss in my future! Total loss so far starting with my first VLCD is 8 pounds! Doing everything right that I know to do. Experimenting with meals. Fruit first, etc... Still wondering when is the best time to take drops besides the first thing in the morning. Not sure I could do the injections - don't you have to be a nurse or something? I guess I could find someone who is in training to be a nurse to practice on me! I've not been able to exercise due to icy and cold temps out. Wanted to start some Yoga today, but found out I need "blocks" ? I'll find another DVD on something else and use that instead. Going to other people's homes are sad - they have ALL the yummies you would want to eat on a load day. I take my little meal with me and try to grin and bear it.

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast