Popular Pages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Sweet n' low is not P2 safe???

  1. #1

    Sweet n' low is not P2 safe???

    My sister is wanting coffee bad and she bought sweet n' low but apparently as I read the ingredients it is NOT safe for P2. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

  2. #2
    Senior Member julief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    R/P/M
    R2 p2 Sub q
    Posts
    2,055
    Blog Entries
    100
    sweet in low is not really good for p2, Srtevia is the best sweetener for it. It is natural not a bunch of chemicals.


    Started at 179 (5'3") June 5th 2010. Lost 40 pounds eating no sugar, flour, wheat, rice, or dairy, and eating 2 times a day breakfast and lunch. Stalled at 138 for 4 months then decided to do HCG.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Carolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City Area
    R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Posts
    4,029
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by julief View Post
    sweet in low is not really good for p2, Srtevia is the best sweetener for it. It is natural not a bunch of chemicals.
    This isn't strictly true. There are varieties of stevia packets that have just as many chemicals and fillers as Splenda, Sweet 'N Low, or Equal.

    Sweet 'N Low does make a saccharin syrup, which is basically pure saccharin in water.
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

    Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.


  4. #4
    Where can I get the sacchrin syrup? She is in dyer need of her coffee or she is going to quit because she is so lethargic. No energy at all. It is her first try at the diet and I do not want her to quit!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Carolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City Area
    R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Posts
    4,029
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by losingitforgood View Post
    Where can I get the sacchrin syrup? She is in dyer need of her coffee or she is going to quit because she is so lethargic. No energy at all. It is her first try at the diet and I do not want her to quit!!
    I have seen it at my local grocery store.

    Also, you can find it on Amazon and eBay.
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

    Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.


  6. #6
    Wm has it on the top shelf of sweetners by the baking things like sugar, flour etc. Stevia wasn't around then and Dr. S added other sweetners were ok too so I don't see how any can be considered off/on protocol except those that were available at that time. Use whatever works with your body.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Carolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City Area
    R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Posts
    4,029
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by poobears View Post
    Wm has it on the top shelf of sweetners by the baking things like sugar, flour etc. Stevia wasn't around then and Dr. S added other sweetners were ok too so I don't see how any can be considered off/on protocol except those that were available at that time. Use whatever works with your body.
    I agree with this. I'm not a sweetener user, but I don't see how Stevia is any more on protocol than Splenda, other than by some specious and even misguided "vegetarianist" turn-of-the-21st-century ideology.
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

    Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.


  8. #8

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    R/P/M
    R2/p4/hhcg
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by losingitforgood View Post
    Where can I get the sacchrin syrup? She is in dyer need of her coffee or she is going to quit because she is so lethargic. No energy at all. It is her first try at the diet and I do not want her to quit!!
    I bought a bottle of liquid saccharin at my local King Soopers. It was Kroger brand and I don't remember the exact price, but was very inexpensive--around $2 for 10 oz.

  10. #10
    I guess I will tell her to try it even though it has nutritive dextrose, and cream of tartar in it. I'm nervous for her!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •