Popular Pages

Thread: Vitamins, Amino Acids and B-12

R/P/M
    R4 / hhCG drops

Vitamins, Amino Acids and B-12

I read P&I and it indicates that daily vitamins are not required, but I also noticed that B-12 and amino acids are commonly sold as companions to HCG. Does anyone know what the story is on B-12 or amino acids? Have either made a difference for anyone?

Thanks for the share.
    Giana

I am focused on getting healthy once and for all!
    R4 = Loading on August 25-26

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Injections
    Hi Giana- I am brand new to this but my take is that the B-12 is for energy (this diet takes it out of you) and the amino acids may be to help prevent hair loss as hair loss is a very common side effect (not from HCG, but from losing weight so fast- also, it's not permanent, it will grow back). I am taking a lot of vitamins such as: 1) my doctor gave me a multi-vitamin pack to take every day, 2) I am doing all that I can to prevent hair loss so I also take Biosil, Panothenic acid, amino acids & biotin and 3) I still take the other vitamins that I was taking prior to the diet such as calcium, D3, extra C & magnesium (a lot of people take magnesium on this diet to keep the bowels moving :-)). Oh, and my doctor also gives me weekly B-12/LipoB shots. Would love to hear what vitamins the more long-time hcg'ers are taking and their experiences.

R/P/M
    Phase 2, Homeopathic Drops
    Blog Entries

Vitamins and Supplements

Yes, I am continuing to take my multiple vitamins-Life Extension Mix as it has increased my hair growth and lessened hair loss along with having just about everything you need. Watching hairloss closely as have a problem in the past.. upping Biotin, B12, Selenium and taking about 2,000 mg of Vitamin C from Thorne. Really watch any sugar content on products, I often call the companies and ask about sugars. Also Oxypowder is wonderful for constitpation and Trace Minerals Liquid Trace Mineral drops has the extra minerals that could be depleted. I am rounding down to the end of Phase 2 and will start Phase 3 next week. It is a project to monitor all of this but worth it to reset the body. I'd do another round after 6 weeks off, like the results, lost more inches that weight which was a surprise!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weRdMMX/]

R/P/M
    R3P2D3 drops
    Hi there -
    i have been religious with my supplements (multi, A, B12, B complex, Magnesium, CoQ10, glucosamine) and have also been using amino acids (glutamine, carnitine, etc) and have had great energy and losses. I also noticed that nearly everyone I know has been ill at least once this winter and I have not been. This is remarkable for me as I ALWAYS am the first to get sick! Not any more!

If I don't take my supplements, the next day I have NO energy.
    11/11/10 R1 150
    12/20/10 LDW 134

no P4
    2/20/11 R2 137
    3/30/11 LDW 128

no P4
    5/2/11 R3 140.2
    5/16/11 135

no p4
    6/27/11 137.4
    Are you kidding me? This is NOT working.
    Just because you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus left town.

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Injections
    hey there- I'm only on VLCD day 3 but I've felt nausea every day...from scanning the boards this seems to be a common side effect, but I'm also wondering if my vitamins might be contributing....does anyone know which vitamins you absolutely should not take on an empty stomach? The only one I take that says something on the label about this is the panothenic acid, so I always wait to take this one after I've had some food.