Popular Pages

Page 32 of 450 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: VLCD#1 May 5th, anyone else

R/P/M
    R2P2 Ended Sept 2012 - Below Goal - Maintenance After 2 Rounds
    Good Morning

Well, I gained .1 - ugh! Trying to get into the 150's is torture! I knew today wasn't going to be the day - I just feel bloated this morning and yesterday I waited until 7:00 p.m. to chug my water. Drank 60 oz. between 7 and 8 so that probably had a lot to do with it. Oh, and I forgot to take my afternoon dose of drops until several hours later so I just skipped that dose for the day. Today is finally the last day of school for my kiddos. My son gets out at 11:00 and my daughter at 12:00.

@Lilly - Oh my, thank you for those recipes! They sound soooo scrumptous and I can't wait to try them. How often can we indulge in sweet treats like that? I'm getting a little nervous about P3. I need to figure out a few menu plans so that I'm not completely lost when I get there! WOOHOO on the 160's ~ very exciting Did you drink the tea last night?

@Faithful - I feel your pain on the long wait for the big drop! I haven't had a 1+ lb loss in quite some time and I'm long overdue! Did you drink "the" tea last night? Maybe I'll try it tonight. I've never had to use it and I'm a little worried that it would keep me tied to the toilet all night long. Is it brutal like that or have you ever used it? Happy 6th Birthday to your little girl! Your cake sounds absolutely divine! I'm going to order the Erythritol from iHerb today. Happy to hear that I could pass on a deal to you to save you and your family money BTW, I use 7 drops of my hHCG 3x per day. I bumped it back up to 8 last week but the hunger was worse so I dropped it back down. I still don't feel like I have hit my sweet spot either but it sure is better than it was in the beginning!

Have a wonderful day everyone

The difference between who you are and who you want to be....is what you do!

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx SubQ- Last Round! 128 is the goal
    @4mh- I did have the tea last night I'm sure it helped!! I really needed it though, maybe because I've been eating lots of beef this past week. I had cocoa crack and cheesecake like once a week I think, I just wouldn't remember to eat any because I don't crave sweet stuff during P3 Leptin Plan.

For example for dinner, I'll have a large Ahi tuna steak seared in butter, or fried chicken breaded with egg and coconut flour, cauliflower mashed "potatoes" (boiled cauliflower mashed in cream cheese and some butter/spices OMG! lol), and stir fry mixed veggies in butter and some cajun seasoning. And THEN my coffee with heavy cream and coconut oil. Who needs chocolate after THAT meal! After no fat no salt during P2, I crave flavorful savory food, full of fat, not sweets.

So, can't say how often you can eat desserts. Because I hardly do Ask around though. Lots of people that aren't on Leptin eat desserts often, even for breakfast!
    R1- 2/6/12 217.2 R1 LDW- 184.2

R2- 5/5 189.2 R2 LIW- 162.8

R3- 8/20-10/15 174.0 R3 LIW- 146.2

R 4- 1/1 - 3/1 LIW= 130.6

R4- P3

Week 1- 129.9-132.6
    Week 2- 130.8- 131.8
    Week 3- 131.6- 133.4

R4 P4- Stable around 132-133

Started 5:2 Diet 5/1/13 - Two 500 calories fast days per week

MsKnitter
    Hi everyone, I hope losses and stabilization have been good for everyone.

4myhealth and Lilly: Hi! I was MIA a little bit. So I started P3 yesterday morning. I had gained weight though and today I am up to exactly 2 lbs over my LIW. I am not sweating it too much because I know weight is supposed to fluctuate. I only ate a few blueberries today as carbs and it will be protein the rest of the way until things drop some. I didn't add things back slowly but I haven't had a reaction. Here is what I ate:

Tuesday:
    Breakfast: Blueberries and Macadamia nuts. Holy cannoli those nuts have so much fat they should be an alternative fuel source.
    Lunch: Bacon, hard-boiled eggs and cheddar cheese sticks. (Had eggs in P2 so I knew I'd be ok.)
    Dinner: 1.5 T-bone steaks and a grilled nopales paddle.
    Snack: 1/2 C of Grapefruit juice

Today:
    Breakfast: Blueberries and half a container of 2% Fage
    Snack: Macadamia nuts
    Lunch: 0.5 T-bone steak
    Dinner: T-bone and some sauerkraut. I know sauerkraut seems weird but I need some acid to cut through all the fat.

Tomorrow: I will probably have hard-boiled eggs, bacon and cheddar, ground beef patties cooked in coconut oil and more macadamias.

Friday: Fried buffalo chicken wings for dinner!

Some revelations:
    I knew the use of corn syrup is pervasive but in brats and sausage? Really?! Yuck. Unless I am BBQing or making a Chinese braised dish, my meat does not need extra sugar!
    I feel pretty good, if just a little more "dense" from the extra protein.

R/P/M
    @MsKnitter: I gained a pound consistently every time I had cheddar cheese. Any other cheese I stabilized or lost. FYI, since you mentioned eating cheddar yesterday. I love it, but I switched to white cheddar cheese, and problem solved.

Also, are you eating enough? At your current weight you should be aiming over 2000 to stabilize well... are you planning on increasing gradually your calories over week 1??
    R1- 2/6/12 217.2 R1 LDW- 184.2

R2- 5/5 189.2 R2 LIW- 162.8

R3- 8/20-10/15 174.0 R3 LIW- 146.2

R 4- 1/1 - 3/1 LIW= 130.6

R4- P3

Week 1- 129.9-132.6
    Week 2- 130.8- 131.8
    Week 3- 131.6- 133.4

R4 P4- Stable around 132-133

Started 5:2 Diet 5/1/13 - Two 500 calories fast days per week

MsKnitter
    Lilly, yes, I have eaten around 2500 calories with lots of protein. I don't plan on increasing gradually. Too late now. Actually, I have read people doing both. I am jumping in with both feet.

I will take out the dairy for two days and try again to see if that was it. Thank you for your advice.

Sounds weird, but I am looking forward to Round 2.

R/P/M
    Lol, Not weird at all. I was ready for round 2 by Week 2 of P3. I was sick of eating ( and cooking) so much

R/P/M
    Good Morning Everyone

WOOHOO - I finally hit the 150's! And I've passed the 20 lb loss mark. It took me 19 days to complete my journey thru the 160's and I hope to never see them again! I would love to get down to 155 before day 40 just so I have a little room to stabilize and still stay within the 150's, but seeing how slowly the weight has been coming off this week and last, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make it. Technically, I have 6 more days of drops (not counting today) and then my 48 hours of VLCD without the hHCG until the end of P2 for me. I'm feeling more and more anxious about how I'm going to get in all of my calories on P3! I've been "low cal" for soooo many years that I find it very difficult to go above 1,000 to 1,200 calories per day. Even in P2 I've only hit 500 calories 2x. I need to change my mindset that "less is not better" but it's going to be a real challenge. That's why I desperately need to figure out a few full day meal plans so that I can continue to pretty much eat the same things over and over to ensure I'm getting enough calories, fat, etc.

@Lilly - I see you lost again today - YAY It appears the 160's are here to stay for you - goodbye 170's!! I'm going to read some more about the Leptin Reset today. The only thing that freaks me out is how much one has to eat for breakfast! It makes me ill just reading it - LOL.

@Faithful - how is your weight today girl? Are we celebrating the 160's for you too? When is your last day of drops? If you already responded the other day, I apologize but I didn't see it. How was your daughter's birthday? Did she have a great day? And, did you step away from the cake?

@MsKnitter - I was looking at bratwurst, italian sausage, bacon, etc. a few weeks ago and couldn't find ANY without sugar either. It is ridiculous and explains why our society is sooooo FAT! Let me know if you come across any brands that are P3 friendly.

Hello True - how's P3 treating you?

One more thing, I was looking at my weight charts and the last time I was in the 150's was April 2005!

Have a fabulous day everyone
    Last edited by 4myhealth; June 7th, 2012 at 08:36 AM.

R/P/M
    P4/Maintenance (completed 3 Rounds hHCG)
    Blog Entries
    Looks like everyone is a LOSER today! Yeah! I was down a full pound, to 169.2 lbs. I hope I am in the 160's to stay this time.

Yesterdays birthday celebration was fun and my golden daughter had a great day! Thanks for all the birthday wishes
    I did have one teeny, tiny taste of the cake (no frosting). Since it was a new recipe, I wanted to see if it was a "keeper".
    All my other eats were totally on protocol.

I decreased my drops to (8) - 3x per day and the hunger seems to be less. Too bad it took me 30 days to figure it out
    I purchased an extra bottle of drops so I can go for longer on this round if I want too. Last round I felt fine at 40 days, but by day 45 I was ready to be finished. So I'll just have to see how I feel and if I am still losing at that point. As of now I do not have a "date" that I will be done, I would like to get to 165 (or 163 would be even better so I can stabilize in the lower 160's). It will also depend on if I stall again, UGGH! Several factors to consider....

R1 (1/12) Lost 27.8 lbs (211.4 - 183.6 lbs)
    R2 (5/12) Lost 24 lbs. (184 - 160 lbs)
    R3 (8/12) Lost 18 lbs. (163 - 145 lbs) LDW 145.6
    R3 P3 (Oct. 15 - Nov. 4, 2012) 3 week average: 146.7
    R3 P4 (Nov. 5 - Jan. 13, 2013) 10 week average: 148 lbs.(low 143.8/ high 152.2)

R/P/M
    @Faithful - WOOHOO! Congrats on the huge loss overnight (did you do the tea this week)? Just curious in case I get into a bind....

Happy day to all of us LOSERS

R/P/M
    R1/ P2/Injections
    Ugghh!!! Sorry all for not checkin in for a few days, been another bumpy week and I CHEATED!!!!!!!!! So disappointed that I gave in lol. No I didn't have cake or anything like that but the wife brought home salted cashews (my request) as it was a iffy food. Anyway had those bad boys on Tues. and woke up Wednesday morning to a nice 1.2 lb gain so I was at 217.6. If I'm going to gain a friggin pound I should've had a donut instead of some salted nuts/legume w/e . Luckily I readjusted and dropped .4 today and with more water and a light workout I'm hoping to drop to 216 and stay there for the rest of p3.

@ lilly: wow that leptin reset was really working for you!

I don't know how many calories I'm taking in a day, I'd guess 1800-2300 a day. Probably on the lower side though because I was still losing. I talked to my Dr. and he said it doesn't matter if you lose up to 5lbs in phase 3. Haven't gotten that low but I did drop 3. I don't know if I fully agree so I did raise my weight so to speak... (accidentally of course lol)

And Lilly you really are a godsend with these recipes, they all look yummy, will definitely try those p3 safe desserts lol. Had a question though and that is if it is safe or not to use Stevia instead of Truvia?

@ 4my: Congratulations!!! Broke through the 60s and have lost over 20lbs that is awesome!

@Msknitter: Woohoo welcome to p3!! Sorry for the gains but you'll notice especially in the first week that you will go up and down like a rollercoaster. Definitely make sure to eat tons of proteins, I lose every time my day is full of proteins, with little bit of fats and fruits and veggies.

@ Faithful: Congrats on losing another lb!

Good job all for those loses and am excited for you guys to come into p3 soon . Take care all!