Popular Pages

Page 44 of 450 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: VLCD#1 May 5th, anyone else

R/P/M
    P4/Maintenance (completed 3 Rounds hHCG)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4myhealth View Post
    @Lilly - somehow I missed your note yesterday about red meat. I had hamburger 2x the first week when I was really, really sick and I had a top sirloin steak on Memorial Day. Apparently the 96% fat free beef last night agreed with my system. I'm so happy because it was really enjoyable Tonight we are having lean steak for dinner on the grill ~ hubby's choice for Father's Day. Hopefully red meat two days in a row won't kill my progress! Fingers crossed.....

@Faithful - what kinds of gum (brands) contain xylitol? I looked at my kids' gum (Orbit and Extra) and it has that Pheny..... word.
    I have Spry brand gum for the kids and myself.

Also, I eat red meat almost everyday. Otherwise, I eat mostly chicken and occassionally fish or shrimp.

R1 (1/12) Lost 27.8 lbs (211.4 - 183.6 lbs)
    R2 (5/12) Lost 24 lbs. (184 - 160 lbs)
    R3 (8/12) Lost 18 lbs. (163 - 145 lbs) LDW 145.6
    R3 P3 (Oct. 15 - Nov. 4, 2012) 3 week average: 146.7
    R3 P4 (Nov. 5 - Jan. 13, 2013) 10 week average: 148 lbs.(low 143.8/ high 152.2)

R/P/M
    R1/ P2/Injections
    Hey all Happy Father's Day (if there are other dad's on this thread besides me :P)

Hopefully everyone is able to spend time with their husband & father today!

Good job everyone on losing weight even if it is a small loss it is better than going the other way right?

@ 4my: I've been doin good just been keeping busy, p4 starts on Tuesday for me yay!!!! Going to keep it clean and try things like Ezekiel bread and brown rice. I get to experiment for a few days before my cheat day so that is good .

Well the last few days have been good and it's crazy as I'm really starting to see what foods help me lose weight, foods that keep the weight the same and what foods I should avoid. I had some salted peanuts yesterday and was up .6, I don't know if it is totally due to the peanuts as I was right around a half gallon of water yesterday when I typically drink a gallon.

Yesterday I was 213.8 (don't think I ate enough calories the day before)
    Today I'm 214.4

I'll check in tomorrow and chat it up a bit.

Cleaning my house and making sure it looks right before the big game tonight!

Take care all
    Last edited by true2; June 17th, 2012 at 01:33 PM.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    I have been looking at my calendar and trying to think about the best time to end this round now that I have met my goal for R2.
    Considerations:
    1) Tomorrows weigh in. If I gain, I will continue drops. If I lose, I *might* stop.
    2) Even though I am looking forward to P3, it is scary for me! P2 is comfortable and reliable now. Transition (change) can be difficult.
    3) TOM will be here in one week. My weight always fluctuates and I do not want to feel pressured to do correction days over bloat weight!
    4) I would really like to maintain in the lower 160's, if I extend my round it might give me extra wiggle room.
    5) I might stall for the next week, so I might as well move onto P3... who knows?
    Anyway these are just some thoughts that have been rolling around in my head.

Question: What aspect of P3 are/were you most looking forward to, besides the food?
    For me, I'm really looking forward to rubbing my Monoi Tiki Tahiti Vanilla coconut oil all over my dry skin! And I want to use my fun flavored organic lip balm.
    How about y'all?

R1 (1/12) Lost 27.8 lbs (211.4 - 183.6 lbs)
    R2 (5/12) Lost 24 lbs. (184 - 160 lbs)
    R3 (8/12) Lost 18 lbs. (163 - 145 lbs) LDW 145.6
    R3 P3 (Oct. 15 - Nov. 4, 2012) 3 week average: 146.7
    R3 P4 (Nov. 5 - Jan. 13, 2013) 10 week average: 148 lbs.(low 143.8/ high 152.2)

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx SubQ- Last Round! 128 is the goal
    Well, I'm up 0.4 today. Net of 3 lbs lost during Week 6. And my period is around the corner, should be here by the 21st.

I feel bloated this morning. Stopped water before 7, but I did go shopping And walked a LOT at the outlet mall. I was exhausted. Had enough water though. Oh well...back to it today. Hopefully that 0.4 disappears by tomorrow and then some. Only 7 Hcg days to go and I'm still at 165.0 hmm.

@true- congrats on maintaining so well in P3!!! Isn't it great when you know your body and how it reacts to certain foods? It's a great feeling of being in control of your health and your body. Good for you!

@Faithful- well, I did not fluctuate up more than a few ounces when I got TOM during P3, how was it the first time on P3 for you? Does your body go crazy?

I think you should listen to your body. We're at 43 days so anything more at this point is bonus!

As far as P3, I am looking forward the most to eating out without having tocall ahead everywhere to make sure they have soemthing i can eat, and also exercise. I know I look fairly thin in comparison to before, but I feel flabby sooo, I can't wait to start jogging. I'm looking forward to traveling without a thermos with hcg lol The social aspect wil be nice too. I'm sort of a hermit at times anyway, but I do go out a LOT still, and during P2 I restrict my going out at night with friends. Not so much because of the food, but because I know routine and rest and important for my body to consistently shed fat. So, I am OCD about it haha

Have a good Monday everyone!
    R1- 2/6/12 217.2 R1 LDW- 184.2

R2- 5/5 189.2 R2 LIW- 162.8

R3- 8/20-10/15 174.0 R3 LIW- 146.2

R 4- 1/1 - 3/1 LIW= 130.6

R4- P3

Week 1- 129.9-132.6
    Week 2- 130.8- 131.8
    Week 3- 131.6- 133.4

R4 P4- Stable around 132-133

Started 5:2 Diet 5/1/13 - Two 500 calories fast days per week

R/P/M
    R2P2 Ended Sept 2012 - Below Goal - Maintenance After 2 Rounds
    Good Morning Everyone

I'm down .5 today but still .1 away from 155 - LOL. I'm being taught a lesson in patience! I had steak last night so apparently the red meat isn't an issue for me. Today I'll be back on the chicken but the beef was a nice change. Tomorrow I'm expecting either a stall or gain due to my allergy shots I'll be getting today. I have so much swelling after I get them and historically I've gained/stalled every time. The Benedryl and the migraine meds on the same day as the shots probably don't help with weight loss either.

@Faithful - nice job on keeping that scale moving downwards! Lilly had posted awhile back about her losses even in P3. Did you experience the same in Round 1? If so, I think that based on your weight today, you may just very well end up in the 150's as your stabilizing weight!! How are you feeling otherwise? Do you feel like you want to keep going or are you ready for a break? Lilly is right - listen to your body. The things I can't wait for in P3 are: exercise, using fake tan lotion on my ghostly white legs, using my jetted bathtub filled with bubble bath, and maybe getting a pedicure for the first time in my life

@Lilly - sorry to hear about the slight gain today but it sounds like it could be water retention? So when you say 7 more HCG days, does that mean that P3 starts 72 hours after your last shot? I'm still confused on that whole aspect of it - LOL. I agree with you about the exercise. I'm excited to get that going again!

@True - congrats on stabilizing so well! I only hope that I can do it right when I get there. I'm excited to hear about how P4 goes. I guess P4 is the real test on whether sugars and starches will be okay going forward. Good luck!

Well I gotta run my son to the ortho, then allergy shots for both of us, and then I have an appt. with the dermatologist - all those appts. in the next 2 hours!

Have a great day everyone

The difference between who you are and who you want to be....is what you do!

R/P/M
    Quote Originally Posted by 4myhealth View Post
    Good Morning Everyone

@Lilly - sorry to hear about the slight gain today but it sounds like it could be water retention? So when you say 7 more HCG days, does that mean that P3 starts 72 hours after your last shot? I'm still confused on that whole aspect of it - LOL. I agree with you about the exercise. I'm excited to get that going again!
    I think it's water retention too... not sure if it was caused by all the walking I did yesterday.

And yes, my last shot is Monday June 25th, then you stay on VLCD for 72 hours, so June 28th will be my first P3 breakfast. Or I may extend another 2 days and take my hcg with me, take my last injection Wednesday, June 27, and have my first P3 meal when I and in Miami Saturday morning. I'll decided depending on TOM and how much I lose this week.

For you, it's 48 hours from your last dose, since you're doing homeopathic. So, if your last dose is tomorrow at 7 am, then Thursday at 7 am you're officially in P3
    R1- 2/6/12 217.2 R1 LDW- 184.2

R2- 5/5 189.2 R2 LIW- 162.8

R3- 8/20-10/15 174.0 R3 LIW- 146.2

R 4- 1/1 - 3/1 LIW= 130.6

R4- P3

Week 1- 129.9-132.6
    Week 2- 130.8- 131.8
    Week 3- 131.6- 133.4

R4 P4- Stable around 132-133

Started 5:2 Diet 5/1/13 - Two 500 calories fast days per week

R/P/M
    R1/ P2/Injections
    Hey everyone,

Hopefully everyone is having a fantastic day today? And thank you for your kind words lilly and 4my, yes it seems stabilization is going good I guess? Not sure so much how that works but I'm 5lbs under my LIW so I'll take it.

@Lilly: 100% agree with you, this past year has been a eye opener for me that is for sure. But even losing 35lbs last summer I still ate horribly... It wasn't until this diet that I actually began to focus on things that are actually bad for my body even if it is cashews .

P4 in under 24 hours

@4my: I'm not even worried about the starches & sugars for now, I'll still keep it low during the week and then blast myself with overwhelming amounts of cupcakes, fat and grease on Sunday lol. Also excited about starting a workout regimen tomorrow! I'll definitely keep everyone posted.

@Faithful: I was definitely ready to put lotion on my knees, elbows and feet for p3. And of course tons of meat!!!!!

Oh yeah... 214 today so down .4 or so. Tested peanuts again with more water, drank about a gallon yesterday and I've come to a conclusion that salted peanuts are probably a no go, I much rather just eat honey roasted on Sundays and stick to pistachios, etc. throughout the week.
    Last edited by true2; June 18th, 2012 at 03:03 PM.

R/P/M
    R2P2 Ended Sept 2012 - Below Goal - Maintenance After 2 Rounds
    Hi Everyone

Here I sit contemplating the end of P2 - what's new! The only thing holding me back besides the .1 lbs (LOL- just kidding) is the uncertainty and fear of P3. I'm still not sure what to eat! How lame is that!! Why does this seems so darn challenging to me?! I have a party to go to on Saturday that will be filled with every type of junk food imaginable to mankind! I'm not worried about cheating as much as I'm worried about what I can eat if I were in P3 by then. I don't even know what I'd bring to the party as a side dish. Guacamole or hummus - can those be introduced immediately upon entering P3? Oy, so many questions as usual - sorry. I also have my annual drs appt on Thurs. and I always have my blood work done at that time. I'm so curious what my cholesterol levels will be since being on such a healthy diet for the past 43 days. I'll share the results (last year vs. this year) if you all are interested.

@Faithful - have you decided what you are going to do? Is the decision causing you brain-pain as well?

@Lilly - I wish I were as decisive as you!

@True - woohoo - P4! Cupcakes, OMG. I can't even watch the Cupcake Wars show anymore. It makes me drool!

When you enter P3, do you slowly increase your calories each day/week or do you just jump in with both feet and start consuming calories like mad? What about the mug muffins? Wait a week or so before having one of those? I'm soooo clueless!

I hope everyone has a wonderful night Off to make my chicken!

The difference between who you are and who you want to be....is what you do!

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    @4myhealth: I definitely feel the "brain-pain" - LOL! I am so indecisive about when to end this round. I am just taking it one day at a time. But, I need to remember that I will still have 2 VLCD after I stop the drops. It is hard for me to stop when I am still seeing daily losses on the scale. Maybe I am just greedy and want to get all I can out of this round -heeheehee
    I am pretty sure I will stop before the end of this week. I am getting a little hungry for more foods.

Today, I made homemade cho.chip cookies for the kids and their friends... I confess, I had ONE small bite of a cookie. I thought to myself, "Good thing I am on this diet, or I would have eaten the entire cookie and a few more too!"
    I have not lost my desire for treats or junk food, even after 43 days of being almost POP. For weeks now I have been wanting to devour a whole pan of Tollhouse cookie bars. No JOKE! I can not shake the desire. And just tonight I was thinking how much I want to eat a whole box of that crappy blue box Mac and Cheese! I have not eaten that junk in over ten years, but I loved it in college! Logically I KNOW how bad it is, but I just crave it
    Does anyone else ever experience this... or am I just whacked? -LOL! How do you all deal with cravings?
    Last edited by Faithful; June 18th, 2012 at 07:38 PM.

R/P/M
    No hummus! Chick peas are carbs!

Guacamole is perfect since avocados are fairly safe.

The first week of P3 its really simple!

1. Eat the same food as in P2 in larger portions and fatty cuts (fatty chicken meat, 85/15 burgers/ground beef, fatty steaks, salmon, tuna in mayo..
    2. Cook P2 foods in oils, add butter, etc.
    3. Avocados, eggs in butter/oil/sour cream, etc...
    4. Add oils/fatty dressings to salads..

Bottom line, eat P2 foods in fat. Done!

Leave the muffins, cheese, nuts etc for after you're stable a few days.

As far as calories, Dr S says eat until you're satisfied!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2