Popular Pages

Page 54 of 450 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: VLCD#1 May 5th, anyone else

R/P/M
    P4/Maintenance (completed 3 Rounds hHCG)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly818 View Post
    @Faithful- I see you adjusted your ticker. Is 150 your ultimate goal weight?
    Yes, I adjusted my ticker. I had a goal of losing 20 lbs. this round, so that is how I set my ticker.
    I wanted to make my goal attainable and not too lofty... I don't like to be disappointed.
    Since I achieved that goal and I'm at the end of this round, I decided to set it for my next goal.
    I just need to see how my body does next round and if it wants to go lower than 150, that is fine with me.
    I think my ultimate goal will end up somewhere in the 140's. (???)
    For now I am very satisfied with losing 23 pounds this round... and maybe even a little more in the next few days.

I understand what you mean about adjusting your last dose weight. I did the same thing last round. My actually LDW was like 186.? but then I dropped down to 183.6 by my last VLCD. So I made my LDW 184 or something like that??? Last P3/P4 my weight fluctuated between 182-187 mostly.
    I am looking forward to trying the Leptin diet for maintaining this time. Hopefully I will see less fluctuation and maybe even fall into the 150's

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    @Lilly Good job losing another 1.2 lbs. this morning! (Same as me-LOL) You'll be at 160 in no time

@4myhealth What is your LDW going to be?????? How are you feeling today?

R1 (1/12) Lost 27.8 lbs (211.4 - 183.6 lbs)
    R2 (5/12) Lost 24 lbs. (184 - 160 lbs)
    R3 (8/12) Lost 18 lbs. (163 - 145 lbs) LDW 145.6
    R3 P3 (Oct. 15 - Nov. 4, 2012) 3 week average: 146.7
    R3 P4 (Nov. 5 - Jan. 13, 2013) 10 week average: 148 lbs.(low 143.8/ high 152.2)

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    @Lilly I was looking back at my weight journal.
    In 2010 I lost 42 pounds (with diet and exersice) and in 2011 I gained most of it back.
    In 2011, I didn't weigh myself often (who does when thay know their getting fatter-LOL!) At the end of the year, around Christmas, I started contemplating New Years resolutions. Of course, "lose weight" topped that list. So I forced myself to get on the scale.
    I recorded my weight on 12-24-11 as 217.2 lbs.(my high weight for that year).
    Coincidentally, That was your start weight for HCG. Is that the most you have ever weighed?
    The most I have ever, ever weighed was 228 pounds back in 2000 when I was 6 months pregnant with my second child. I also was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at that time.
    Just thought I would share some history.............

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx SubQ- Last Round! 128 is the goal
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithful View Post
    @Lilly I was looking back at my weight journal.
    In 2010 I lost 42 pounds (with diet and exersice) and in 2011 I gained most of it back.
    In 2011, I didn't weigh myself often (who does when thay know their getting fatter-LOL!) At the end of the year, around Christmas, I started contemplating New Years resolutions. Of course, "lose weight" topped that list. So I forced myself to get on the scale.
    I recorded my weight on 12-24-11 as 217.2 lbs.(my high weight for that year).
    Coincidentally, That was your start weight for HCG. Is that the most you have ever weighed?
    The most I have ever, ever weighed was 228 pounds back in 2000 when I was 6 months pregnant with my second child. I also was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at that time.
    Just thought I would share some history.............
    Yes, my highest weight is 217.2. I'd been heavy before, last year in college I gained 40 pounds I got up to 210 when I weighed myself the day after graduation in 2003, and a size 16/18.

I lost 20 pounds over the next 2 months doing nothing really. Just detoxing from coffee loaded with sugar and 3 am runs to Denny's for my only meal of the day. Just by sleeping regularly and eating more regularly I lost 20 pounds over the next 2-3 months. Then I REALLY got into being healthy and went down to 142 by running, lifting weights, and eating every 3 hours. I went up and down from 150-170 from 2004-2010 and last year, I had the worst year of my life.

Personal issues, the Universe forced me to grow and let go of relationships and attitudes that were sucking the life out of me by ripping them out of my life, literally like a band aid, they were gone (my on and off boyfriend/friend of 7 years who was mostly the center of my world. Well, he met someone else in February, and married her my May out of desperation. And his best friend who was also one of my closest friends, plus all our mutual friends, who I had to cut off) It was a nightmare, and I spent the second half of 2011 trying to survive and figure out how to repair my life. I learned a lot about myself, and did a lot of growing up, and I can look back now and see so many things I couldn't see before. I guess turning 30 was a bit more intense for me than for most people lol

So I found myself at 217 in February, in a much better place emotionally and spiritually most importantly, and ready to get started on my physical self. I'm still a work in progress. The kind of emotional damage I did to myself in my 20s without even realizing it doesn't go away overnight, but I am on the right track and have changed for the better, and that's the most important thing.

Wow! didn't mean to get so deep here..but anyway... that's that
    R1- 2/6/12 217.2 R1 LDW- 184.2

R2- 5/5 189.2 R2 LIW- 162.8

R3- 8/20-10/15 174.0 R3 LIW- 146.2

R 4- 1/1 - 3/1 LIW= 130.6

R4- P3

Week 1- 129.9-132.6
    Week 2- 130.8- 131.8
    Week 3- 131.6- 133.4

R4 P4- Stable around 132-133

Started 5:2 Diet 5/1/13 - Two 500 calories fast days per week

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    @Lilly I am so sorry to hear last year was so rough for you. I am thankful you pulled through a stronger and better person! Sometimes it takes trials and troubles to help us grow and develop our character.
    2012 is YOUR year!

R/P/M
    @Lilly I am so sorry to hear last year was so rough for you. I am thankful you pulled through a stronger and better person! Sometimes it takes trials and troubles to help us grow and develop our character.
    2012 is YOUR year!
    Agreed!! You don't really believe it until you go through it and realize you ARE better looking back. I'm thankful that it all happened sooner rather than later, because I can see now I didn't have the life I truly wanted or deserved. I wasn't so positive last year haha but life changes never end, we just have to see them as opportunities rather than obstacles. When you stop changing then you're dead, I guess lol

And I'll get off my soapbox and leave you with my favorite quote that I've had posted everywhere to remind me to keep moving forward,

"In 3 words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." - Robert Frost Love it!

Btw, how's your P3 Menu coming along? I'm excited about going shopping for P3 tomorrow!! I get to buy HWC and butter, and cream cheese, and nuts!

@4mh- No check-in today? Hopefully you're feeling better than yesterday? Did you end up having the yummy cocoa powder shake for energy? I had it again this morning. With a bit more cinnamon this time. That will be a daily addition to Round 3. So yummy!

R4- P3

Week 1- 129.9-132.6
    Week 2- 130.8- 131.8
    Week 3- 131.6- 133.4

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    " life changes never end, we just have to see them as opportunities rather than obstacles. When you stop changing then you're dead"
    That is a great way to look at it! I love your introspective thoughts!

"In 3 words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." - Robert Frost
    Good quote... it is good to find a few good encouraging mantras to live by.
    Sometimes I feel like life is a fast scary rollercoaster and I just want to get off! LOL

I have been thinking about P3 and trying to plan out a menu. Once I start looking at "Diet Rules" I always start feeling a little rebellious. For example, I mentioned in a previous post that I was thinking about having sauteed peppers, onions and mushrooms with my eggs. Well, J. Kruse says "NO Nightshade vegetables" I want peppers and tomatoes though, darn it! Those Veggies are good for me; loaded with vitamin c! And no fruit. Whaaaa! I've been having apples and strawberries, can't I continue those. (Wow! Listen to me whine -LOL!) Anyway, I'll figure it out. I am more worried about the 2nd week when we'll be traveling and staying with several different relatives - UGH! I will be at the mercy of whatever they offer for meals, I guess. I might bring a few cans of tuna, some protien power, and raw almonds in case I get in a bind. I'm sure it will all work out and I just worry to much I need to stop being such a stress case, it's not good for my cortisol levels!

I was wondering the same thing... Where are you 4myhealth? Check in when you can.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    @Lilly I have a few questions about the Leptin reset, Please help!
    1) What % of protein, fat, and carbs did you eat? I realize carbs is probably the smallest, but what about fat to protein? Kruse says 25 g carbs per day. That is 100 calories per day. If I eat 2000 calories, that is only 5% carbs... seems so low. He says we can go up to 50g if we are not trying to lose weight. Technically in P3 and P4 we are trying to maintain our weight, so can we have more carbs or am I stretching it a bit too far- LOL! I mean an apple has 20 g carbs, 4oz strawberries is 10 g., even veggies have some. Just wondering how you do it with success.

2) Yes or No: Do you eat the following in P3 doing Leptin?
    Eggs?
    Whey protein?
    heavy cream?
    Semi-hard Cheese?
    Cream cheese?
    Cottage cheese?
    Nut butters?
    Nuts, which ones?
    Fruits, which ones?
    Salad dressing?
    Avocado?
    Tomatoes?
    Mayo?
    Peppers?
    Whole milk plain yogurt?
    Coconut flour or almond flour?
    Flaxseed?
    Pork?
    salsa?
    broccoli/cauliflower?
    Just a few things I have been curious about
    Thanks for your input. It will help me figure out my menu for the next week.

R/P/M
    R2P2 Ended Sept 2012 - Below Goal - Maintenance After 2 Rounds
    Hellooooo Everyone

Sorry I've been MIA all day but we had a garage sale today and I didn't get a change to check in until now. Boy was it hot today - 102 and the same is expected for tomorrow! I did sneak inside for a moment this morning to update my ticker so you've probably already seen my LDW of 151.8. I've lost exactly 28 lbs this round and couldn't be happier. I took my last drops at 6: something this morning so I'll be good to go on Sunday, however, the only things on my menu so far are eggs and an avocado. Maybe a cheeseburger for dinner but I don't know if I should introduce cheese so early and I'm okay with it if I should wait. I'm not even sure about the avocado?? I went shopping before dinner tonight and could not find any bacon without sugar! What kind are all of you eating and where did you find it?

@Faithful and Lilly - you cyber twins just keep doing the identical things such as your losses today! CONGRATS!

@Faithful - Way to go on the 50 lbs lost and the 24% and the 8 inches from the waist and the 18 to 10.... Those are huge accomplishments and you should be very proud! Oh, and just to clarify, my wording yesterday on my shower experience was off it seems. I didn't pass out in the shower, just blacked out and the nose bleed wasn't from hitting the floor but it just came out of nowhere - LOL. Sorry for the confusion.

@Lilly - woot to you as well on a job very well done with your 2 rounds and getting the toxic people out of your life and coming out a better person because of it I think I already said this but I'm really excited that the 3 of us are going to continue on the journey together! I do feel much, much better today - back to how I had been feeling but I only had a 'dirt' protein shake yesterday, not the yummy one that you make. It pulled me thru though and was exactly what I needed.

@True - very scary stuff with the anxiety attack but glad that it woke you up enough to do something about your health (a lot of people wouldn't have changed their life around!) I picked up a few Paleo books yesterday from the library but haven't had anytime to look into it. Is there a big difference between Paleo and BFL?

I'm sorry to make this short but I'm going to hit the shower (stinky here) and then go lay in bed even though it's only 7:30. Another busy day coming up tomorrow and today I got up at 3:30 a.m. today - just couldn't sleep any longer!

Have a super terrific night everyone and I'll try to check in if things aren't too crazy with the garage sale. We are cutting it short tomorrow, hopefully before it gets too hot, because of the party we are going to (I hope they have a/c because I have no desire to spend the entire day outside again, also I got a little burned today and need a break from the sun!)
    Last edited by 4myhealth; June 22nd, 2012 at 07:38 PM.

The difference between who you are and who you want to be....is what you do!

R/P/M
    @Lilly I have a few questions about the Leptin reset, Please help!
    1) What % of protein, fat, and carbs did you eat? I realize carbs is probably the smallest, but what about fat to protein? Kruse says 25 g carbs per day. That is 100 calories per day. If I eat 2000 calories, that is only 5% carbs... seems so low. He says we can go up to 50g if we are not trying to lose weight. Technically in P3 and P4 we are trying to maintain our weight, so can we have more carbs or am I stretching it a bit too far- LOL! I mean an apple has 20 g carbs, 4oz strawberries is 10 g., even veggies have some. Just wondering how you do it with success.

ME
    Okay, so I reviewed my fitness pal journal. I ate consistently about 70% fat, 20-25%, and about 5-10% carbs. Depending on the day. I really did not check percentages or really calories much after the first 2 weeks. I simply had green veggies with lunch and dinner, about the same amounts I was eating during P2, and really focused on meats and fat. My breakfasts were around 800 cals and 15-20 g carbs and i did not have fruit ever at breakfast. For the day I was around 20-30 g of carbs, some days higher, but on average less than 30 g. I had grapefruit occasionally since I love it and it was still in season. I'll probably have strawberries this time, since it's summer, and I do have less than 30 pounds of fat left to lose, plus, I already did the reset once and I'm pretty sure my body is Leptin sensitive now. The first time though I was very strict with the low carb thing to make sure I got rid of Leptin resistance.

What he says is that if you have less than 30 pounds to lose, you can increase to about 50 g carbs per day. So, that is 30 pounds of fat! I think you should be able to increase carbs to 30-50 since you have less than 30 pounds to lose at this point. But I would say not to add carbs at breakfast until you start noticing improvements in your sugar cravings and hunger later in the day. You want to eat a big breakfast and not be hungry for at least 5 hours. Then lunch, no crash in the afterrnoon or sugar cravings, and no hunger or cravings after dinner. That is the real goal.

2) Yes or No: Do you eat the following in P3 doing Leptin?
    Eggs? HELL YES 3-5 EGGS EVERY DAY
    Whey protein? NOPE
    heavy cream? MUST YOU ASK? LOL ABOUT 1 LITER PER WEEK.
    Semi-hard Cheese?NOPE. I DON'T DO WELL WITH YELLOW CHEESE.
    Cream cheese? LOTS
    Cottage cheese? YEP
    Nut butters? ALMOND AND SUNFLOWER
    Nuts, which ones? ALMONDS, PECANS, WALNUTS, MACADAMIAS
    Fruits, which ones? GAPEFRUIT
    Salad dressing? RANCH AND BLUE CHEESE
    Avocado?LOTS
    Tomatoes?DON'T LOVE THEM, ATE THEM AT RESTAURANTS WITH BURGUERS
    Mayo?YEP
    Peppers?BELL PEPPERS
    Whole milk plain yogurt?YEP, ONLY A FEW TIMES THOUGH
    Coconut flour or almond flour?YES
    Flaxseed?YES
    Pork?OCASIONALLY
    salsa?YES
    broccoli/cauliflower?YEP
    Just a few things I have been curious about
    Thanks for your input. It will help me figure out my menu for the next week.
    Answers embedded above.
    Last edited by Lilly818; June 22nd, 2012 at 09:30 PM.

R4- P3

Week 1- 129.9-132.6
    Week 2- 130.8- 131.8
    Week 3- 131.6- 133.4