Popular Pages

Page 45 of 450 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: VLCD#1 May 5th, anyone else

R/P/M
    R2P2 Ended Sept 2012 - Below Goal - Maintenance After 2 Rounds
    @Faithful - should we just pick a day and enter P3 together? I'm game with stopping this week and would love to move to the next phase with someone I know. I know I have another round to do so it's not as if another few pounds is going to get me to my overall, long-term goal. I just want to be clean for my blood work so I could stop my drops tomorrow, Wednesday, or Thursday and still be fine for that. Thoughts?

I haven't lost my desire for sweets either I am dying for frozen yogurt but I did buy the maker and the erythritol so I can make it myself. It'll be awhile before I can go back into one of those joints since they all have sugar - boo! I've had some major cravings lately. Yesterday, when my hubby and I went grocery shopping, I couldn't help but pick up every nasty thing to see if I could possibly have it in P3 - LOL. How yummy was that bite of cookie - ah, it sounded heavenly!

@Lilly - funny that I asked about hummus as I've never even tried it before - LOL. I was trying to think creatively about something to bring besides my standard 7-layer dip or Rotel and Velvetta dip! THANK YOU for the P3 simplistic menu! It's exactly what I've been looking for and clears up all the confusion perfectly. I won't, however, eat any other part of the chicken than the breast. It just grosses me out!! But I could always start dipping my chicken breast in some fatty dressing and that would work.

The difference between who you are and who you want to be....is what you do!

R/P/M
    @Faithful again - regarding the stop date, I don't have to be ready for P3 by Saturday if you don't want to end in the next few days. I could always bring my chicken wrapped in foil so the host can throw it on the grill and then a baggie of cherry tomatoes. I'm easy if this is something you'd like to do.

R/P/M
    Okay, this is my last post for today but I keep forgetting to ask all of you that have gone thru P3 - did you experience body re-shaping? Can you tell me more about it if you did?

Thanks and good-night everyone

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx SubQ- Last Round! 128 is the goal
    Well, up again, another 0.6 pounds. So I'm back to 165.6 from 164.6 on Sunday. Ugh. This has to be TOM. It's due on the 23, but I feel like its about to show up. Every time I've gained a pound on P2 it's been TOM, so I'm trying not to freak out or get frustrated. Looks like I'll be extending my round to the max, June 27 will be my last injection. Joy.

@4mh- In P3 I had ranch dressing, butter, and oil with everything. I forgot heavy cream also, for your coffee or tea. Great way to add in calories. Don't worry. You should be around 1700 calories, probably. A handful of macadamia alone has 200 calories. Same with pecans. A tbsp of coconut oil has almost 200 as well... So between fattier meat and oils you can increase calories easily. Just remember that you eating for fuel and to stabilize your body, not for pleasure. The joy, stress, worry, excitement, etc in your life should come from other things like family, friends, accomplishments...not food.

There's no better feeling than realizing that you're not thinking about food all day long. Vey freeing, and thats why I'm so glad I did the Leptin reset. Whatever you do, as you start to stabilize, you realize that it's not that hard, that it doesn't have to be complicated as long as you follow the rules for your own body and not anyone else's

@faithful- I don't get cravings in P2 anymore...although I'm not sure how you define cravings? Like, you have to physically stop yourself from eating something? Or just thinking that you would love to eat something? The way I deal with food thoughts is to remember what I looked and felt like 4 months go befo hcg. That fixes me up pretty quick lol in P3 my body craved the food I could eat, not sweets or carbs, so t was really easy for me, sorry cant help you there.

I would imagine maybe modifying recipes so they taste almost like what you want wold work? It's worked for me with the flaxseed muffins, although I never really craved a muffin, I just wanted something that would hold like bread so I didn't have to go around eating cream cheese off the spoon haha
    Last edited by Lilly818; June 19th, 2012 at 07:19 AM.
    R1- 2/6/12 217.2 R1 LDW- 184.2

R2- 5/5 189.2 R2 LIW- 162.8

R3- 8/20-10/15 174.0 R3 LIW- 146.2

R 4- 1/1 - 3/1 LIW= 130.6

R4- P3

Week 1- 129.9-132.6
    Week 2- 130.8- 131.8
    Week 3- 131.6- 133.4

R4 P4- Stable around 132-133

Started 5:2 Diet 5/1/13 - Two 500 calories fast days per week

R/P/M
    Good Morning Everyone

Drumroll.....154.3 today! Surpassed my goal by .7 for a total loss of .8 for today - woot! Okay, now I'm getting greedy. My past 3 day losses have been .9, .5, and .8. I agree Faithful, it IS hard to stop when you're on a roll! Now I'm sitting here pondering how long it might take to lose the 4.3 pounds to get me into the 140's before P3.....I'm going to do some math later but right off the top of my head I'm guessing somewhere around the 2 week mark.

@Lilly - it's gotta be TOM. Are you still feeling bloated today like you were yesterday? TOM surprised me this month because it came early and I felt the same way, bloated and the scale wasn't being very nice - LOL. Hang in there, a big whoosh will happen soon Is there any particular brand of ranch dressing that you used that you found to be P3 friendly?

Hello to everyone else. I need to run to pick up my kiddos from swim team practice but I'll check back a little later

The difference between who you are and who you want to be....is what you do!

R/P/M
    P4/Maintenance (completed 3 Rounds hHCG)
    Blog Entries
    You are never going to believe this... I'm down another whole pound (I reweighed myself 3 times - LOL)
    I hate to quit this round when the weight is falling off so easily.
    Realistically, I know this won't continue and I will eventually stall, but for now it is SOOO fun to see the daily losses - WOOOHOOO!
    This morning, I tried on a bunch of clothes that I have been waiting to fit into... guess what? Most of them are too big now! I totally missed the chance to wear them - ugh! I have very few things that actually fit me well. I have not been this size since I first got married 15 years ago. I guess it is time to go thrift store shopping

@4myhealth: Since we started P2 together, it would be fun to end together too! And start P3 at the same time. It would be nice to continue on and encourage Lilly, too. I don't know if I can make it 8 more days though I am just taking it one day at a time. Today, I am taking my drops. That is all the further ahead I can think - LOL! *whisper* That bite of cookie yesterday was divine!

It has been so helpful to have the support of this thread!

R1 (1/12) Lost 27.8 lbs (211.4 - 183.6 lbs)
    R2 (5/12) Lost 24 lbs. (184 - 160 lbs)
    R3 (8/12) Lost 18 lbs. (163 - 145 lbs) LDW 145.6
    R3 P3 (Oct. 15 - Nov. 4, 2012) 3 week average: 146.7
    R3 P4 (Nov. 5 - Jan. 13, 2013) 10 week average: 148 lbs.(low 143.8/ high 152.2)

R/P/M
    @4mh- yep, still feeling bloated. I wasn't hungry at all yesterday, I had to force down dinner. Oh well, hopefully TOM shows up today. The good thing is, the week after TOM I always lose about 4-5 pounds, so maybe extending to next week will get me to 160.

Dressing! I bought a huge bottle of hidden valley ranch dressing, and a big box of these 2 oz plastic containers with lids they give you for condiments to go at restaurants. Took one with me all the time with raw broccoli and some pecans. Just in case I got the munchies, since Dr. s says you should eat when youre hungry. That's what I snacked on at the beach while my family ate chips. Once I started LR on week 2 I didn't need to snack, but still used liberal amounts of ranch, eggplant hummus ( about 2 servings a day) and salsa, all mixed in as a sauce to pour over every meat and fish I ate haha. Its soooooo good, you'll think you're at a restaurant

Hidden valley ranch has 1 g of sugar, in a 2 tbsp serving. you can spend more money on sugar free ones, but honestly I think it's unnecessary. I haven't heard of anyone gaining on regular ranch. I also used ketchup (in small amounts and with a high protein meal) without issues.

You can make your own ranch dressing too. Recipes around the Internet. I'm too lazy

R4- P3

Week 1- 129.9-132.6
    Week 2- 130.8- 131.8
    Week 3- 131.6- 133.4

R/P/M
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithful View Post
    You are never going to believe this... I'm down another whole pound (I reweighed myself 3 times - LOL)
    I hate to quit this round when the weight is falling off so easily.
    Realistically, I know this won't continue and I will eventually stall, but for now it is SOOO fun to see the daily losses - WOOOHOOO!
    This morning, I tried on a bunch of clothes that I have been waiting to fit into... guess what? Most of them are too big now! I totally missed the chance to wear them - ugh! I have very few things that actually fit me well. I have not been this size since I first got married 15 years ago. I guess it is time to go thrift store shopping

@4myhealth: Since we started P2 together, it would be fun to end together too! And start P3 at the same time. It would be nice to continue on and encourage Lilly, too. I don't know if I can make it 8 more days though I am just taking it one day at a time. Today, I am taking my drops. That is all the further ahead I can think - LOL! *whisper* That bite of cookie yesterday was divine!

It has been so helpful to have the support of this thread!
    YAY!! Another pound!! this is what I love about these forum threads, I was so frustrated this morning when I saw the scale, and now I'm all happy again because you guys are doing so well!! Helps me remember that the weight does come off eventually when your body is ready to! Have you made any changes at all the past week?? new foods, schedules, etc? you should write it down so you know for R3! You had slow losses weeks 4 and 5, so I'm happy to see your body is finally letting go of the fat and your hard work (not cheating when you were stalled/losing small amounts) is paying off!! Congrats!!!

That's sweet, that you're thinking about sticking it out with me, but really, you and 4mh should go into P3 together!! you've both met your goals, and seems you're ready for P3! I'll be traveling for work next week, so I won't have much time to worry about the scale anyway and I'll probably have limited time to be online anyway.

I'll catch up with you guys in P3!!

@4mh- regarding reshaping, a big HELL YEAH!!! haha I went from a loose size 12 to a solid 10 during P3... now I'm at a loose 10 and a comfy 8, and I'm sure when I hit P3 Ill have to retire all my size 10s. Biggest change I noticed was my legs and arms, the flabby feeling goes away, since you're eating lots of protein and exercising. Also, my skin repaired very well. My keratosis pilaris is in full force right now, and my legs are full of red bumps. Dry skin triggers that, and eating no fat for 45 days takes a toll on your skin. In P3, by week 2 my skin was back. Also, I didn't notice any hair loss changes, but some people do.

R4- P3

Week 1- 129.9-132.6
    Week 2- 130.8- 131.8
    Week 3- 131.6- 133.4

R/P/M
    P4/Maintenance (completed 3 Rounds hHCG)
    Blog Entries
    @Lilly
    First off, it is good that you know your body so you are not stressing out over the amount of water weight TOM brings for the visit. It'll be gone with a Whoosh before you know it. Hang in there! I am sure I'll be in the same boat by the end of this week. My TOM should show up about Sunday.

I always appreciate your posts because they give me so much to think about!
    Thanks for your explanation of how to enter P3. Even though I have done P3 before it was a good reminder. The other thing I'm looking forward to is big salads with a wide variety of veggies! I know there is lots of focus on protein and fat, but let's not forget our "green" friends! I am also curious about what kind of Ranch dressing you use.
    Cravings... hmmm.... Still chewing on that one!
    But I do know that I often like to "treat" myself with food. Bad habit!
    I also eat for stress related issues.
    Sometimes it is just mindless eating! I want it, so I eat it... hand-to-mouth!
    Some of my struggle is that I enjoy cooking/baking and I am good at it! I know how to make food that tastes really yummy! (Not trying to boast, just get my point across) With a family of 6, running the kitchen is one of my main occupations and I am constantly thinking about what to make and what to get at the grocery store,etc. I guess I need to work on creating some healthier favorite recipes. I like to eat and find it very pleasurable. "Food=Fuel" concept... I'm just not there yet.
    I think I am going to try Leptin diet. It would be so nice to not desire the "junk". At this point, it is Mind-over-Matter for me. If I want to be healthy, I can not pollute my body with toxic foods.
    I LOVE this statement you made, "Just remember that you eating for fuel and to stabilize your body, not for pleasure. The joy, stress, worry, excitement, etc in your life should come from other things like family, friends, accomplishments...not food." I think I am going to frame it and hang it in my kitchen! So wise and thought provoking! Thank You.

Thanks for letting me ramble....

R/P/M
    R1/ P2/Injections
    Grats on the continued losses and congrats 4my for zooming by your goal of 155!!!!

@ 4my: Don't be scared of p3 it is exciting! I didn't do what Lilly said but that is great advice and I almost wish I took the safer route like that. But... Cheese, eggs, sausage, everything sounded so good haha. So when are you going to start p3?

Woke up this morning at 213.4 so today is definitely a good day!

I'm kind of in a state of euphoria right now, floating on the clouds if you will. Why? Well because I had the most delicious breakfast lol. It wasn't even big but it has been so long since I've had either item.

I did cheat a little as I was supposed to start my Body for Life but I couldn't resist.

So the line up for this morning is:

Homemade Juice - Kale, carrots, apples, 1 lemon, and celery
    1 slice toast with organic blueberry jam (this was the cheat item)

I use the Full Circle service and noticed that they had that BB jam, I typically wouldn't buy such an item and hold onto it for so long. But, they do seem to have items that come and go only to never show up again. Thought that this jam would have been one of those items. Anyway, I've been waiting 3 weeks to try it and it was absolutely delicious!

So no more cheats until Sunday but I had to try it once haha.

The rest of the day is as follows and on BFL protocol:

Mid morning: eggs & oatmeal
    Lunch: meal replacement drink
    Afternoon: grilled onion, kielbasa, brown rice
    Dinner: Tuna burger (no bun), brown rice, broccoli
    Late night: meal replacement drink

Will be eating 2-3 hours apart and want to wrap everything up before 8pm.

Take care all and good luck for tomorrow!

~ True