Popular Pages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VLCD Day 2: Will I be hungry the whole round? :(

VLCD Day 2: Will I be hungry the whole round? :(

Ok, so I am *hoping* I am going through carb withdrawal but it's Day 2 and I am hungry within an hour of eating. Not craving anything--just honest to goodness rumbling stomach with too much acid floating around I am worried I will feel this way during my entire round. I did two great loading days with tons of fat and meat (fried chicken, all meat pizzas, full fat caesar salad, Slim Jim, sunflower seeds, etc). I am so weak and tired but sleeping terrible because my grumbling stomach is keeping me awake. Will this pass?

Oh yes, on 10 drops 3x a day but I thought I had to give my body a bit more time before adjusting the dose, correct? I had no hunger on loading days (had to force myself to eat) but have been hungry since the end of VLCD Day 1.
    ~Elisabeth

Began R1 on 7/31/12
    Ended on 9/11/12 --- 24 lbs lost
    P3 & P4 through 10/30/12---maintained weight loss!! Yahoo!
    R2 begins 10/30/12....

LIW 160.4
    D1 LOAD 160.0
    D2 LOAD 161.5
    D3 VLCD 1 163.0
    D4 VLCD 2 161.0
    D5 VLCD 3 159
    D6 VLCD 4 156.6
    D7 VLCD 5 156.4 (*root canal & pain meds)
    D8 VLCD 6 157. 4*
    D9 VLCD 7 155.6
    D10-14 VLCD8-12 153.6

TOTAL: -6.5 lbs

5'9" 40 years old
    Goal: 140 lbs

R/P/M
    R1P1

VLCD1 and So Super Hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by ElisabethLG View Post
    Ok, so I am *hoping* I am going through carb withdrawal but it's Day 2 and I am hungry within an hour of eating. Not craving anything--just honest to goodness rumbling stomach with too much acid floating around I am worried I will feel this way during my entire round. I did two great loading days with tons of fat and meat (fried chicken, all meat pizzas, full fat caesar salad, Slim Jim, sunflower seeds, etc). I am so weak and tired but sleeping terrible because my grumbling stomach is keeping me awake. Will this pass?
    Hi ElisabethLG

I wish I had an answer to your question but as it is I too am feeling super hungry, and its just my VLCD1! I think we both started on the same day but I did 3 load days, ate a lot of fatty hi calorie foods specifically to avoid this issue, but alas, still kind of starving. I hope tomorrow is better, but if your VLCD2 is still bad then it makes me worried.

I will eat then be hungry, with an empty grumbly stomach 30 minutes later. I hope I wake to a super nice release.

The only other thing that could be affecting me is that I am nursing still, just 3-5 times daily unless she is sick and wants to nurse more, so I increased my calorie intake to 800, with 150g protein at each meal but still not helping. Hopefully this is temporary. But if anyone out there has any information or ideas about how to get rid of this hunger they are greatly appreciated.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    If you're still hungry by diet day 3 on drops, I would adjust. Just to be clear though, stomach noises is NOT hunger. That's perfectly normal. What we don't want is actual hunger pangs.

R/P/M
    R1P1
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    If you're still hungry by diet day 3 on drops, I would adjust. Just to be clear though, stomach noises is NOT hunger. That's perfectly normal. What we don't want is actual hunger pangs.
    Hi Grammy,

I'm on SQ shots, 150iu. I recognize the difference between the growly tummy and actual pain. These were definitely hunger pangs, like top of your stomach, super hungry pangs. What exactly does that mean on your first VLCD or your first few? I had a super big release, so big that I'm not sure it could be real but I checked it three times. Today is a much less hungry day, some throughout off and on and off course much more when meals are due. I woke up hungry then it disappeared for a while.

Is there supposed to be absolutely no hunger pangs? Should I try a lower dose? Not sure how long I should wait before I do.

R/P/M
    You should not be wanting to gnaw off your arm but a little hunger before meals is normal.

R/P/M
    R1P1
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    You should not be wanting to gnaw off your arm but a little hunger before meals is normal.
    Thanks again Grammy, I am feeling better about it all, also I am less hungry. I think I am waiting too long to eat my meals and I just get dopey hungry then. I wish there was a way to measure hunger pangs, then I could measure mine against it and know exactly what is goioI'm doing this on my own, so there's a learning curve. I consulted a doctor about using Hcg while I'm nursing and he said it would be fine but he had no advice to give about the diet because he had no idea how it is supposed to work. So, he's out for advice on the actual science of how this diet works or will be affected by changes.

Yesterday I was down 8lbs to 216 and today I am up 5lbs to 220, checked 2 scales so its right. Why did this happen?! Yesterday was supper stressful and I may not have gotten enough water. Very upsetting

R/P/M
    R1P1
    Hi Grammy,

Thanks for taking a look at this. I was so discouraged, feeling better-ish now. Drinking tons of water and actually am less spacy, hungry. I upped because of the nursing and it was fine day 1 but day 2 was a big gain. Maybe it was water weight I lost mostly or atleast 4-5lbs of it? Today I did a IM shot of 125iu in my can (my husband remembered how to do it!) and felt less hungry today, but maybe that's just a function of it being VLCD3?

Here is my food list. Maybe you can use your super duper hcg cognitive super powers to help me figure out my faux pas? I believe the additional protein is outweighed by the nursing. Also, I know rice cakes are off protocol but I'm gluten free so I can't do breadsticks, these are 35 calories each. So is the whey! Arrg!

VLCD1
    Breakfast:
    rooibos tea, water, apple
    Lunch:
    150g chicken
    whole super long cucumber

Snack: 2 rice cakes

Dinner:
    150g chicken
    apple
    1lb asparagus

Snack 2 rice cakes
    1 orange

Lost 9lbs?!!

VLCD2
    Not enough water, tons of stress, less hungry feeling though
    Breakfast
    water
    apple
    Crud, just remembered I drank some whey and water! 18grams protein with .5g fat 4g carbs

Lunch
    150g chicken
    1c onions
    rice cake

Snack:
    cinnamon apple

Dinner:
    150g chicken
    1/4c onions

Snack:
    Orange
    Last edited by Lonim; August 5th, 2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: adding stuff to bottom

R/P/M
    R1P1
    The whey is off protocol not 35 cal. I think its 100 cal. I didn't take any today though

R/P/M
    It's best to eliminate the rice cakes. They aren't even close to the calories of the breadsticks and most lose best without the breadsticks anyway. I have celiacs and can't eat gluten either and didn't replace them with anything else. And I ALWAYS gain with most of the whey products out there. They really aren't the best option.

There is no need to up your protein while nursing. you should have no hunger and have no need of extra protein. If you feel better after an IM shot, then I'd guess your dose was too low.