Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternate Correction Days?

Alternate Correction Days?

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and am in week 2 of P3. I have read many different "correction" days and one of them consisted of a "shake" day. It called for 2 eggs, protein powder and unsweetened almond milk. I was going to try this out and was wondering what kind of eggs to use? Hard-boiled, raw, just cooked? Any suggestions would be great. And if you have any personal experience with any correction days, that would be nice to use as an alternative for a steak day. Thanks

R/P/M
    hHCG, R1P3
    I have been wondering about this, too. I start P3 in about a week. I normally would not deviate from the protocol but...

I really don't think I can go all day without eating, waiting until evening to have a steak. Especially since I plan to pick up my workout routine again in Phase 3. Has anybody tried splitting the steak into two meals or eating it earlier in the day?

My other question is about the FFF. I know I could do that. Do most people think FFF works if you need a correction day? Can you successfully rely on FFF instead of steak day?
    Please leave only your footprints.

The African Honey Badger quelsen's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Round 6 / P2 / Rx Injection
    Blog Entries
    why are people opposed to a nice steak, le sigh
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.
    quelsen@gmail.com

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Personalized assistance.

R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    why are people opposed to a nice steak, le sigh
    I love a nice big steak. But I often don't do well when I go hungry all day. Also, I tend to bounce back from a steak day, to the tune of 3/4 of steak day losses or more. So, yes, there is a real need for alternative correction days (or sequence of days).
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.

R/P/M
    hHCG, R1P3
    Oh, I can't wait to get my hands on a nice fatty steak. I just can't wait all day to eat it.
    Please leave only your footprints.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and am in week 2 of P3. I have read many different "correction" days and one of them consisted of a "shake" day. It called for 2 eggs, protein powder and unsweetened almond milk. I was going to try this out and was wondering what kind of eggs to use? Hard-boiled, raw, just cooked? Any suggestions would be great. And if you have any personal experience with any correction days, that would be nice to use as an alternative for a steak day. Thanks
    Any thoughts on this? Is anyone using this correction day?
    ~ Marnie
    Wife, mom to a 13 & 11 yo
    Financial Service Rep

Pre load 157.8 (3/12/2011)
    Post load 159.7

R1 LDW 139.2
    R2 LDW 121.4
    R3 LDW 117.6 (did this short round to get off the holiday weight)

Lost 4 pant sizes!

R/P/M
    5 Rounds/Maintenance
    I've never done a shake day, but the eggs should be raw and blended in with the almond milk and protein powder to make a shake.

I've done a steak day although I don't like steak. I cooked it in the Crockpot so it tasted like pot roast. It was good and I lost.

The other correction days I've done were after a medication change that caused some weight gain. I soon realized the correction days weren't going to work until I changed the medication. I did a FFF day...eat 32 oz of full fat Fage throughout the day, and add a few berries to it if you like. I've done an egg day...eat up to a dozen eggs during the day (you can add mayo to egg salad or cheese to an omelet). I've done a chicken day...roast a chicken and eat the whole thing throughout the day, starting with the dark meat and skin.

I liked doing the chicken or egg day best, and I lost well on them. I liked the FFF day the least. The steak day was fine, but I thought I'd lose more weight than I did.

The problem with doing alternative correction days is that they might not work. The steak day works for just about everyone. If you are sensitive to dairy and it caused your gain, doing a FFF day is counterproductive. The same with an egg day if you are sensitive to eggs, or with the above shake day if you are sensitive to eggs, almonds or whatever bizarre garbage they manufactured the protein powder out of. You may be trying to correct by using the food that caused the problem in the first place.

I have tried all these correction days in the past week, spaced out a day.
    My losses on the steak days were the highest, 1.6-1.8 pounds
    Egg day I lost 1.6 but I also cheated that day and had cocoa crack and a handful of raspberries.
    FFF day I lost .4. Not doing that again anytime soon.

I've done the "AVOID A STEAK DAY":

TO AVOID A STEAK DAY: This method is not meant to take
    the place of a steak day. It is only intended to drop some
    weight when you are getting close to a required Steak Day.
    If you see a Steak Day drawing near, you can do the
    following, which will usually bring your weight down a
    pound or so the next day. 1) Drink lots of water that day; 2)
    Don’t eat until lunch; 3) Have a whole can of tuna (water
    packed), or chicken with mayo on either lettuce or celery for
    lunch; 4) Have a big portion of protein for dinner with a small
    salad and 0-1 carbohydrate dressing (ex. Ranch); 5) If you are
    extremely hungry, you could also have 2 eggs for breakfast.

First time dropped 2.5 second time 2.6 - REALLY great results. I had a Jay Robb Protein shake for breakfast both days.....

Jo

R/P/M
    5 Rounds/Maintenance
    I hadn't heard of the Avoid A Steak Day day. I may have to keep that in mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast