Popular Pages

Thread: Annie needs P3 help

R/P/M
    Phase 2 Rx HCG through ND

Annie needs P3 help

Hi and thank you for your time and suggestions!
    I am into my second week of P3 and doing awful. I have a lot of food allergies and added too much I was sensitive to my first week. Im feeling really depressed, lethargic and not motivated, kind of disconnected and not caring that my weight is creeping back up. My first week of P3 I caved and had ice cream which spiraled out of control, coffee and cream, cheese, high dairy Indian food, candy. Today I could barely get out of bed from exhaustion from the inflammation response. I feel like I need an "EAT THIS LIST"...

I've lost 25 pounds through HCG and did fine my first P3 and P4 and stabilized pretty easily after the first week. My last P2, I did a longer round, 46 days.

How do I do P3 with these allergies via blood tests:
    EXTREME: Eggs, soy, shellfish, tomato, wheat, peanut
    Strong: almond, coffee, cheese, baker's yeast
    Moderate: garlic, cow's milk, pineapple, corn
    Mild: coconut, salmon, chicken, sunflower, walnut, gluten

What fats can I have?
    What should I do to restart and how do I correct this so that I can stabilize?

Thanks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

March - August 9 2012
    Start 152lbsLIW 125.2
    P4 last day 129.4
    --------------
    April 2013 Start 139 loading
    P2 W1 <6.2>
    P2 W2 <.2>
    P2 W3 131.8

sweetiepie
    There is a difference between a full-blown allergy and food sensitivities. Food sensitivities might not even show on a blood or stool test, but irritate your gut enough to cause inflammation, especially when you are still overweight and possibly have leaky gut trouble. Personally, I think it is best to listen to your body there. P3 is actually easy... at least it was for me, since I transitioned into paleo lifestyle.

For now, stick to meat (preferrably grass-fed/ pastured), any fish, any non-starchy veggies, and good fat - olive oil and coconut oil, for example, preferrably organic/ cold-pressed. That gives you loads of options, and you can get ideas looking for paleo recipes.

If you are more than 2lbs over your LDW, please do a steak day first. Then stick to the paleo list for a week or so... definitely until your weight and irritation subsides. Once you are sure that inflammation is under control again, start introducing the common sensitivities one by one. Eggs, dairy, nuts, cheese. Keep a couple of days between that and see what your body does.

For me, this has meant that while I can do some whole milk in my coffee or sour cream on my fish, straight full-fat yogurt or Italian mozzarella are out. The same for eggs... no problem with some pieces in my salad, stomach cramps with a regular omelette. On the bright side - loads of energy, no depressive episode ever since starting, major pain in my ankles (due to an accident) that had me on crutches at times just disappeared... Less inflammation is really a godsend.

R/P/M
    Phase 2 Rx HCG through ND
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetiepie View Post
    There is a difference between a full-blown allergy and food sensitivities. Food sensitivities might not even show on a blood or stool test, but irritate your gut enough to cause inflammation, especially when you are still overweight and possibly have leaky gut trouble. Personally, I think it is best to listen to your body there. P3 is actually easy... at least it was for me, since I transitioned into paleo lifestyle.

For now, stick to meat (preferrably grass-fed/ pastured), any fish, any non-starchy veggies, and good fat - olive oil and coconut oil, for example, preferrably organic/ cold-pressed. That gives you loads of options, and you can get ideas looking for paleo recipes.

If you are more than 2lbs over your LDW, please do a steak day first. Then stick to the paleo list for a week or so... definitely until your weight and irritation subsides. Once you are sure that inflammation is under control again, start introducing the common sensitivities one by one. Eggs, dairy, nuts, cheese. Keep a couple of days between that and see what your body does.

For me, this has meant that while I can do some whole milk in my coffee or sour cream on my fish, straight full-fat yogurt or Italian mozzarella are out. The same for eggs... no problem with some pieces in my salad, stomach cramps with a regular omelette. On the bright side - loads of energy, no depressive episode ever since starting, major pain in my ankles (due to an accident) that had me on crutches at times just disappeared... Less inflammation is really a godsend.
    Thank you sweetiepie! Today I am right at the 2.0 over LIW. That's amazing to me. I feel like the reaction from my allergen overload is lifting a little bit today, I am glad but then again, I have to be grateful for the intense reaction after the long P2. Loads of energy, no depressive episodes, no foggy brain, no sleeping round the clock sounds like a good trade. I just get to feeling sorry for myself and then it starts...I really resent that I can't have coffee and cream o P3 but I have to change my mind set or I'll be gaining the weight back and living in that inflammatory state.

Its encouraging to think that maybe there will be some ways I can have some dairy. Right now I am so reactive, I am going to clean clean clean eating until I feel myself. This morning I made a hemp shake with hemp milk, avocado, and strawberries and I'm having some plain burger. I agree about eating the meats from happy and free animals. I live in the NW in a small community where we have a lot of small farms. The meat I eat is from a local farmer down the road.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

March - August 9 2012
    Start 152lbsLIW 125.2
    P4 last day 129.4
    --------------
    April 2013 Start 139 loading
    P2 W1 <6.2>
    P2 W2 <.2>
    P2 W3 131.8

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    If these are blood tests, Annie, they are hugely inaccurate. The only real way to tell is with a stool test from www.enterolab.com. I would track your reactions instead. See how you are feeling after eating. Some of these items are likely: dairy, shellfish, corn, peanuts. Those are high allergens. You likely have a leaky gut and you need to start fixing that. I also suspect candida issues. Start taking a high dose probiotic, at least 20 billion units. Eat fermented foods like real sauerkraut, kombucha. Eat lots of good fats. Even if you have a dairy allergy, most people can eat ghee which is clarified butter that doesn't contain casein or lactose. Your gut is likely compromised from gluten so it's a total no no.

but really, most of the things on the list can't be eaten in P3 anyway: gluten, wheat, corn, peanuts. soy. Just eat meats, vegetables and fats. Good luck, honey!