Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple and Cheese Day

R/P/M
    R3 P2

Apple and Cheese Day

I received some advice to do an apple and cheese day and am gung ho. My question is: can I still have cream in my coffee? Just curious. Also, not sure whether to do orange or white cheese. Looking forward to hearing opinions/results!

I've been strictly protein lately and not budging so I'm hoping changing things up a bit may help the scale. (And my overstuffed colon) lol

R/P/M
    R3 P2
    OMG. I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself in the evening, but I'm up 6lbs from this morning! Is this possible??? Today I actually added in some zucchini and cucumbers for my veggies. The prior (weeks) I've been strictly eating protein trying to lose a couple. Crap....carbs hate me!!!!!

R/P/M
    R4/P3
    I've never done the apple and cheese day but I know of a couple who have and lost well. I believe they used both types of cheese. Good luck and let us know how you do!
    Mommy to 7, ages 5 months through 12 years and step-mommy to two more

Round 1:
    10/2/10 186 lbs.
    LDW 162.3
    12/21/10 156.6

Round 2:
    1/1/11 155.2 (preload weight)
    1/3/11 161.2 (load weight)
    2/19/11 136.0 (LDW)

Round 3: p2d1: 165
    12/11/12 LDW: 136

Round 4: p2d1 1/25/13
    P3D1 126.4

Round 5: finished at 142

R/P/M
    R3 P2
    Thanks tmott. All in all I wound up gaining 1.5lbs from yesterday. An apple day is scaring me today however. I just don't understand how after eating nothing but protein, causing a glucose increase by eating 6 apples could possibly help? I don't know what to do..........
    Last edited by thomp3sk; August 6th, 2011 at 06:28 AM.

R/P/M
    R3 P2
    Well I started off eating eggs and burger this morning so it looks like its going to be another protein day. At what point do you just give in and except a much higher weight??? So damn frustrating!

Yes, use cream in your coffee. The heavy cream, not the half n half. It's so delicious! I drink my morning coffee black, but if I have a cup later in the afternoon or evening I will add cream.

Apple days are not for losing weight hon, they were designed for P2 to break a stall. The people who have used apple & cheese day to replace a steak day (think this started as a vegetarian alternative), maybe they were accustomed to the increase in fruit carbs? That's not the case for you so it's resulted in a water weight gain because you've been so low carb for so long. Carb levels have to be brought up slowly after a low carb regiment or there will be weight gain (mostly water).

What I would do if I were you: cream in coffee, eat plenty of proteins & fats, eat lots of fresh veggies. Limit fruit to one per day and don't eat it alone and don't eat it first thing in the morning (eat the fruit with some fat or protein, like berries with cream, or apple with cheese slices, etc...), you are absolutely right that fruit and more fruit will raise blood glucose levels. By eating a bit of fat or protein with it, that is mitigated down.

You might even try the "front loading" trick that seems to be working for some folks (re: leptin thread, and steak day threads). The idea is to eat a lot, and I mean a lot (50 - 75 gr), of protein within 30 minutes of awakening. This is supposed to have an effect later of shutting down the appetite so that the rest of the day you eat light. When I did mine, I ate a 3 eggs, bacon, and leftover steak and I seriously was not hungry the rest of the day. I ate a salad with some grilled fish for dinner just because I was afraid I might get hungry if I didn't. The only drawback for me is that I just don't want to eat when I wake up!
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    If food is not what you need, what is it you really want?

No advice i just wanted to say it blows that you are having a hard time cuz you sure are trying hard! Have you thought about getting the delayed allergy testing done at all? There may be something to that with you!

R/P/M
    R3 P2
    I could try 'frontloading'. I can eat at anytime of the day! lol. Probably what got me here in the first place huh? What is the 'delayed allergy testing'? I'm not sure what I'd be allergic to except FOOD in general. haha But I'm game to try anything at this point!

so did you actually try the apple and cheese day?

R/P/M
    R3 P2
    I didn't do an apple and cheese day. I was too afraid of consuming all those carbs after not having ANY in my system for 3 weeks. I wasn't eating my veggies or anything so I'm going to try to add them back in before I try any type of apple and cheese or fage day.