Thread: Chia seed

R/P/M
    Round 1 Phase 2

Chia seed

Is it allowed on P3?
    VLCD 60 day HHCG Lost 34.6 lbs
    LIW 215
    P3 start Aug 12 stabilized at 213.6
    P4 start Sept 2 Stabilized 216 Sept 27 tom start 219 Sept 30 after 2 IVF Injections 222

R/P/M
    R5/P2/HcGx3, hHcGx2. Down 75lbs!
    I didn't know anything about chia seeds until your post prompted me to read up on them. From what I am finding about chia seeds, they seem like they should be OK on P3 (try them cautiously like you would nuts and see how it goes). I was unsure of this opinion at first until I read that chia seeds are helpful to people suffering from celiac disease. They obviously have huge nutritional benefit and I can't find any source that says they are a starch ... so there you go!

Wiki has an interesting entry on them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_hispanica
    And also this page has more interesting info: http://www.rawreform.com/content/view/345/127/

As with anything that is outside the original knowledge base of the protocol, I would say proceed with caution but share your experiences!

Please let us know if you eat these on P3 and how it works for you. Sounds like it might be a great food to eat!
    *** It doesn't matter how many times you have tried and failed, there is always the last time you tried and succeeded! ***

R/P/M
    Round 1 Phase 2
    They're really good for you even better then flax. Thanks
    VLCD 60 day HHCG Lost 34.6 lbs
    LIW 215
    P3 start Aug 12 stabilized at 213.6
    P4 start Sept 2 Stabilized 216 Sept 27 tom start 219 Sept 30 after 2 IVF Injections 222

R/P/M
    R5/P2/HcGx3, hHcGx2. Down 75lbs!
    Quote Originally Posted by peekaboo View Post
    They're really good for you even better then flax. Thanks
    I will definitely be exploring them! Thanks for the heads up. Can't possibly know about too many ultra-healthy food sources, eh?
    *** It doesn't matter how many times you have tried and failed, there is always the last time you tried and succeeded! ***