Popular Pages

Thread: First 5 days of P3 (details) still under LDW..and a rant about a friendship...

R/P/M
    Round 3, Phase 2, HCG injections

Exclamation First 5 days of P3 (details) still under LDW..and a rant about a friendship...

Hi all,
    Here is my P3 so far…How is everyone else in P3 doing??? Has anyone added regular exercise yet? Are you seeing reshaping?

Here is what I have added in P3. I try to do a LOT of protein and stay low on carbs! I am not really worried about “fats,” but am trying to use healthier ones with omega-3 or olive oil in them. I haven't really been keeping a "calorie goal" in mind, but it has been right around 1450 for the past 6 days.

In addition to the foods added, I also began taking an excellent chewable multi-vitamin again and started using tea tree oil soap, so those factors might affect my weight fluctuations too.

Foods added in Phase 3
    Day 1=cream cheese, cheese, higher fat hamburger
    Next day= -.8 lbs= .8 below LDW

Day 2=half and half, broccoli, .25 cup canned pumpkin, Fage, .5 egg, small amount of cheddar
    Next day= -2.4= -3.2 below LDW

Day 3=3 eggs, 2/3 cups of cheddar cheese, sour cream, almonds, chili that I had on P2, just meat and tomatoes and onion…but this MAY have been the culprit, I always went up a bit on it or 3 eggs might be too many OR too much cheese…lots of variables!
    Next day= +2.5lbs the next day! (Still -1.4 under LDW)

Day 4=half and half, almonds (MUCH less than previous day!)
    Next day= +.2lbs (still 1.2 under LDW)

Day 5= ricotta cheese, whipped cream cheese, blue cheese wedge salad from outback, almonds (small serving), starbucks blueberry pomegranate twists, crab legs
    Next day= -.6lbs = 2.8lbs below LDW

Day 6 was yesterday and probably not good. I will enter that in later, since I do not think what the scale reads at 4am counts since it is not officially morning yet! I have started TOM, at a few new things that might be questionable and had my FIRST diet coke in over a month yesterday! (I have decided on a one diet coke a week limit from now on!)

Still tomorrow might be a steak day!

I usually still have an apple, grilled chicken and a spinach salad every day.
    I seem to do pretty good on fage and half and half.
    Larger amounts of cheese and large amount of almonds don’t work out well for me, from what I can tell ONE serving of each of these a day seems fine!

Eggs are still in the questionable category. I think I can get away with ONE because I usually have one on my salads, but THREE WITH CHEESE---a LOT of cheese---? Might be a problem!

My only hope for the morning is that I will still be under LDW. But with the whole TOM thing (a week early!) you never can tell!

Although I REALLY enjoyed my movie, I am actually going to study tomorrow!!!

I just need to vent for a minute.
    My BEST friend for over 18 years lives in Ohio, 10 hours away from me. I have been telling her for MONTHS that I am coming up the last week of July which is also her birthday week. She told me she was super excited bc all three of her best friends will be able to be at her party....I ALSO told her that I have tickets to go to a play with my mom and sister on July 23 which is PART of the reason I will be up there that week. (Her birthday isn't until the 27th.) She is a bit emotional and after a really deep conversation about love and relationships and me telling her that I am worried that she is isolating herself and losing herself in the (controlling and potentially abusive) person she is living with about a month ago...she hasn't really talked to me since!!!! She told me she was NOT mad about the conversation and has been thinking of what I said. But since then we have NOT had an actually PHONE conversation, just a few short exchanges via chat or text----and I have CALLED her and left a message for her EVERYDAY for the past THREE WEEKS!!! I have been trying to get together plans while I am home and something special for her birthday. So I sent her a schedule of what my obligations for the week already are....and she wrote me back saying she wasn't interested in the one thing I thought she would really like (a trip to Columbus and a hotel stay i offered to pay for) and that she and Megan (her girlfriend) have ALREADY planned her party for July 23!!!!! Which is the ONLY fucking day I cannot come because my sister bought tickets MONTHS AGO!!

I am so mad and hurt and about ready to just ditch this entire friendship! I don't know what to do and there is no point in talking to her bc she will get all emotionally reactive and it will just start a fight which will result in HER not talking to ME for even longer!!! I know what she is doing---we have been here multiple times before...She has made bad relationship choices and is embarrassed, so she hides it from me, thinking I will judge her. We have been through this route before. EVERY SINGLE PERSON (both men and women) she has been in a long term relationship with has been abusive and she wants love so badly that she lets THEM do anything and then isolates herself from the REST of the world including me! And when doing that, she loses HERSELF every time...her dreams, her goals, her interests...and she BECOMES the person that SHE thinks her PARTNER WANTS HER TO BE! (We have had THAT conversation repeatedly!!!) She feels that if the relationship is going badly it is HER fault because she isn't "good enough" and how could she have fucked up so many relationships and been such a failure, since she is the common denominator? I cry over her heartache and lack of self-worth ALL the time. It hurts me so much.

But then it ALSO hurts me when I LOVE her and she cannot see that and would rather choose abusive people who belittle her over me! That and she has REALLY upped the drinking lately and in combination with all the meds she is on...anti-anxiety, depression, muscle relaxers and percocet for fibromyalgia...all that drinking just CANNOT be a good thing!!!

OK, I am thoroughly upset and exhausted right now. I am going to go cry and then I am going back to bed for a few hours. Hopefully the scale will be nicer to me when I wake up!

Take care everyone!
    Teresa
    "If you JUDGE people, you have no time to LOVE them."-Mother Teresa

R/P/M
    HCG works!
    Although it's not your first round, is it possible that so much so fast has been a bit of a challenge for your body to get used to? Just something to consider.

It is so tough to watch someone you love screw up and not respond to your reaching out. Sometimes we want better for people than they want for themselves. Maybe she is feeling backed into a corner? What do you think might happen if you backed off and let her make the next move?
    Post-HCG & Post-Leptin Reset, working on adrenals and thyroid, and taking charge of my own health at Optimal Health Cave link
    Currently getting back to the ticker weight.

Dr. Simeons' protocol, Pounds & Inches at http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/Dr-ATW-Si...and-Inches.htm
    Why We Get Fat & What to Do About it by Gary Taubes
    Ageless by Suzanne Somers
    The Mood Cure by Julia Ross

R/P/M
    Thank you,
    I have been worried about it for almost a whole day and I think I have decided to just allow her to contact me if she feels like it.
    I am sad and hurt and really, really angry, so it is just probably best that we have some space from each other.
    I also have to remember that this is a pattern in her life that is constant...and she ditches me every time. about five years ago she stopped talking to me over some stupid thing and the met a guy (cocaine addict) and got married WITHOUT EVEN TELLING ME until months later when she "couldn't even remember why we weren't talking in the first place."
    Thank you again for the feedback!
    I was doing great in P3 until just the pat few days. My mother in law is here and she cooks to show love, although she has made me some sugar free type things. I had ham the other night and that just wasn't good.
    Today I am going back to a few basics that I know my body handles fine! And trying to get an apple a day back in as well as at least one salad.

Take care,
    Teresa

R/P/M
    R3/P2/hhCG drops
    I have found sometimes, particularly when there are patterns or alcohol/drug use/abuse, that what you have to do for your own sanity is to step away. Not abandon, but just back away from the daily choices and ups and downs and the urge to help and point out the patterns or talk about your worry, and just mentally plan to try to be there for them if/when they hit rock bottom and come back for support. Ultimately you can't control her choices or behavior. Take a deep breath, wish her well on her merry way, and don't let it ruin your trip with your mom and sister. Hugs to you, I know its hard!
    pre-hCG high weight on 3/23/11, 220
    Round 1: Start P2 3/29/11 at 215 (55 days VLCD) lost -30.8 (incl 3lbs load weight) LDW 185.2
    Round 2: Start P2 7/09/11 at 185.6 (34 days VLCD) lost 23.2 (incl load weight) LDW 162.4

Round 3: Start P2 1/23/12 at 184.2 (boo)
    VLCD6 -6

I love, love, love hCG!

I'm sorry, I'm confused. Are you concerned that you are losing more weight and not stabilizing? I'm not in P3 yet so I'm not the expert. I've been wondering as well how this phase will go for me. I think I might keep losing because of the no carbs. Probably not what you are looking for! Sorry!

As far as your friend, you sound a lot like me. Very concerned for your friends and ready to shake them when they do dumb things. Sometimes it absolutely is the right thing to just walk away. Don't even talk about it when them. Hi and bye and how's the weather talk. You can't be more concerned for someone else's well-being and safety than they are. You can't take on the stress of the world. My sister had a fight with her boyfriend and his family and ended up in the hospital. I was ready to literally commit murder and go to jail for it. I was SO upset. Two weeks later they were back together. I thought to myself, wow! I would have been in jail for shooting him and they would have been here together, living it up. That was a wake up call for me. My new mantra, if you like it, I LOVE it! Just do you!!! Don't let anyone stress you out that way!
    R1P3

Released 24.4 lbs on Phase 1! Yay!!!

R/P/M
    Hey Tigga,
    I am not really concerned with staying under LDW. It was GREAT that I did and even lost a few for a day or so there....but then came day 6 and the next morning I weighed 4.4 MORE, which put me 2.6 OVER LDW. Yesterday was Day 7 and my weight stayed exactlythe same! CURSE TOM...which decided to visit a week early, and I am sure that she is NOT helping things. Haven't done a steak day. Can't until in-laws leave town. Hopefully I will go back to the -2/+2 range in the next few days. If not, I will do a steak day. I HAD steak yesterday, but has other foods as well...so it didn't count.

As for my friend, I am upset, but it is ok. I have been in the process of "letting go" for years now (it takes me a long time) because I KNOW she is slowly killing herself...

Off to study for my national board exam on Sat! Wish me luck!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and to write!

Teresa

Good Luck on your exam!!!

R/P/M
    PASSED MY EXAM!!!
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts!

Teresa