Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried Paleo bread from Julian bakery?

Has anyone tried Paleo bread from Julian bakery?

Just wondering if it's any good. It's really expensive at $7.99/loaf plus you have to pay shipping which isn't cheap, so I thought I'd see if anyone here has tried it before spending all the money since I was going to try 3 loaves to make shipping a little more reasonable. Here are the ingredients, so it looks like it would be p3 friendly...

Ingredients: Purified Water, Organic Coconut Flour, Egg Whites, Psyllium, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Baking Soda.

I have had their smart carb bread before and liked it... does it taste anything like that? Thanks all for your help!

R/P/M
    R1,P3- lost 27.4lbs.-drops
    I'm interested in this too. I like the sourdough bread and don't seem to gain from it. I bought the cinnamon the other day though and I think it is awful, tastes like cardboard. We have a store here in Dallas that sells Julian, but they didn't have any paleo when I went in on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
    I'm interested in this too. I like the sourdough bread and don't seem to gain from it. I bought the cinnamon the other day though and I think it is awful, tastes like cardboard. We have a store here in Dallas that sells Julian, but they didn't have any paleo when I went in on Monday.
    Wow... will definitely not try the cinnamon... cardboard not a good thing! lol! Especially when it's so dang expensive! I wish they had the paleo locally, so I could just try one without all the expense of their shipping!

R/P/M
    r3/p3
    Haven't tried it is brand new. Their zero carb bread is disgusting. I used to eat the Smart Carb and it was wonderful. Off of gluten now, so going to order the new ones. There is a new almond flour and a new coconut flour.
    Monica

R1 - 27 lbs lost (LDW 150)
    R2 - 14.6 lbs lost (LDW 135.4)
    R3- 15.9 lbs lost (LIW 134)

Missymom, Would you please message me when you try them? I have a couple weeks before I will be able to eat it, so I don't need to order right away. I would really appreciate your feedback!

I was really excited to try the new Paleo bread. I received both the almond and the coconut loaves yesterday. The loaves are much smaller than the #1 Carb original bread and I tried the Coconut thinking I would really like it. I was so disappointed! It tasted awful. I was surprised at how much I did not like it. I will try the almond today. I will probably toast it since yesterday's experience was so bad with the cocount bread. I'm a little worried!! I will go back to the original bread regardless, I'm thinking. I will post again after I try the almond bread.

jhaynes5, Thank you so much for letting me know! Your response saved me some money. Please let me know what you think of the almond bread. Yes, I do like the #1 Smart carb bread also... do you think it's okay for P3?

That's funny I just posted on this bread and was mentioning the Paleo Coconut bread didn't stall my weight loss at all as it's starch free and grain free. It also taste amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by fufu View Post
    Just wondering if it's any good. It's really expensive at $7.99/loaf plus you have to pay shipping which isn't cheap, so I thought I'd see if anyone here has tried it before spending all the money since I was going to try 3 loaves to make shipping a little more reasonable. Here are the ingredients, so it looks like it would be p3 friendly...

Ingredients: Purified Water, Organic Coconut Flour, Egg Whites, Psyllium, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Baking Soda.

I have had their smart carb bread before and liked it... does it taste anything like that? Thanks all for your help!

R/P/M
    R1,P3- lost 27.4lbs.-drops
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymarshal79 View Post
    That's funny I just posted on this bread and was mentioning the Paleo Coconut bread didn't stall my weight loss at all as it's starch free and grain free. It also taste amazing!!

Hmmmm, Jaymarshal, do you work for Julian? 5 posts and they are all about Julian bread.

R/P/M
    R1P2
    I'm still on p2 but would like to hear about it I have tried some others (gluten free and rice ) and find it's best to lightly toast them.
    releasinglbs

Beth

restart 6/30/12
    2 load days
    restart 7/2
    w/load 188.2
    P3 17 days 172
    p2 172 load
    p2 171.4 load
    p2 D1 171.6
    p2 D2 170.6
    p2 D3 169.4