Popular Pages

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Make it a Paleo P3!

R/P/M
    Round 2, P1, MyHCGway patch
    Well so I got one extra day with TOM and more cramping, but today its nearly gone and I feel fine and am back in my 2 lb window even after eating chinese food last night.....gross! Didn't taste good at all! LOL. Anywho, I know that I had nearly no PMS before hand and no weight gain before hand so this was pretty normal. Most of the fluctuation is about hormone changes so I think the cleaner you eat and the more fat you get into your system the better these become.

Yes, Rusty, I don't believe in evolution to the extent of crawling up out of water and eventually becoming a human, but I can't discount all ideas of evolution as I think God can't be put in a box. So like I said before, just weeding thru it to find my own conclusion. I know that some things in the bible are metaphorical/parable/folklore and how people kept their history alive thru generations by singsonging it. There is much we don't know and again, I don't believe in putting God in a box. I do try to keep in perspective what was eaten in Bible times,,,,mostly meat, some grains, dairy, honey and herbs....don't recall vegies...but I do believe they are important. Its funny because sprouted grain bread like what we find in Whole Foods called manna bread is literally a recipe found in the bible given by God. So I also know grain has been very genetically altered to what we have now, so still going to follow a mostly grain free diet.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound all religious by all the "Bible" talk, am not religious at all actually but I've been working thru all this to come to the most logical conclusion for me.

Here is something really funny....ok so I see a chiro as often as I can because I've had whiplash a couple times, car accidents etc so I have issues in my neck and my low back...to the extent that my hip likes to rotate to the right. That being said, I look bigger on that side because of it and I lose weight slower on that side. If I saw the chiro more often would do better, but for now it is what it is. Anywho, the funny part is that I have this dip in the front of my leg where it meets the hip...like literally the fat isn't in that spot but on either side!! Has anyone here had a funny repositioning or moving of fat on their body???? This is actually the second time with HCG that I've had a funny fat change.

R/P/M
    I'm with Lacey on Exercise........we are trying to change our whole outlook on food/nutrition/exercise/life with HCG. This is the only way to have success overall is if you do see it as a whole life change.

I walked several days a week during P3 and it really helped. My plan for P4 now was to start up my Turbo Fire which is a mix of HIIT type cardio kickboxing/toning workouts....but now after I've been reading and listening to the Mark Sisson and Doug McDuff stuff (Body by Science) I'm just not sure....but I figure I'll give it a couple weeks and see how I do.....this is all combined with eating probably more Primal than Paleo....I think Paleo doesn't really do dairy. Anywho,,,,still learning ))))

Blog Entries
    Hello Ladies... So I am kind of freaking out but in an awesome way. I thought, surely after 2 days of losses, and being on TOM I am going to show a gain to put me back closer to 113 where I have been stabilizing at for my whole p3... I weighed myself over and over and I show a .8 loss - at 110.6!!! I am just above being 2 pounds under my LIW which is all that is recommended to go under. My P3 ends tomorrow so if I continue to lose after this point it should be okay I think? I am not really doing anything which is the awesome thing. I am just eating and very light exercise. I really think it has to do with TOM now. Do you think some hormonal changes are causing the losses? Anyone experience losing while being on TOM? I love it but I hope it sticks. We will see. I should be off TOM on Saturday.

As far as exercise - I didn't exercise at all during P2 except for walking. On p3 the most I've worked out was doing Zumba class, which to me is more like "play" in terms of the primal lifestyle. It is as if I went out for a night with the girls for dancing, so it kind of serves two purposes. I have also done some swimming. But not weight lifting or long runs. I want to try Crossfit too. There are 2 gyms close to my house, but I have found it to be really expensive, like almost 150 a month. Is that normal?

Menu for the day -
    Nectarine & Coconut Milk Protein Shake (B)
    Chicken stir fry with broccoli, carrots, and bacon (L)
    Hungarian Beef Goulash with Butternut Squash and probably more broccoli (D)
    Greek Yogurt with Stevia and Cinnamon (Dessert)

Hunger games tonight! Going to sneak some veggie chips in for a snack haha.
    R2 - Hucog Subq injections @ 125 Dose, 23 day round
    I am a ROGUE Endurance Athlete who eats more calories typically in the form of protein

GOAL 10 pound loss
    Week 1 (4/28 - 5/4):
    Week 2 (5/5 - 5/11):
    Week 3 (5/12 - 5/18):

R/P/M
    Round 4 P3 RX Injections (VLCD1- 1/7/12)
    OMG! I am dying to see Hunger Games!!! We are going on the 31st....Team Cinna! I always sneak treats and water into the movies.

I would not worry about going 2lbs under at this point MJ, you are eating enough and eating really good food....your body is just going where it wants to go. I think the point of p3 is no "wild fluctuations" and to get a new set weight.

I have not checked into the crossfit prices...I can imagine it's expensive. I was waiting for a groupon to come out to try it. You can probably figure out how to do it yourself, it's just kind of fun to join the "community" of it. they probably offer a week free if you ask.

R/P/M
    So tell me more about crossfit??????

I so want to start some new exercise tonight because I don't have class and am in p4 now I think will do some TF like planned and walk the puppy....poor little dear will be stoned for next couple days after her surgery tomorrow so can do more over the weekend.

The girls at work all want to join LA Fitness and do classes together...just still studying up on primal/paleo and that type of working out/fitness.

I with you Lacey, I just chilled with my weight during P3 because I know its a new set point to come from. Going to be interesting to see how things go now in P4 with additional exercise.

R/P/M
    here is a crossfit place and the "what is crossfit" info. There is tons of info on it all over the internet.

http://www.crossfitcounterculture.co...&page=crossfit

Blog Entries
    So I found a place up the street from me that offers 2x a week classes for $85 as long as you go at the same class time every week. You have to complete what they call Crossfit elements before you can do the classes though. I think I might try it out...
    I am a ROGUE Endurance Athlete who eats more calories typically in the form of protein

GOAL 10 pound loss
    Week 1 (4/28 - 5/4):
    Week 2 (5/5 - 5/11):
    Week 3 (5/12 - 5/18):

R/P/M
    Today is day 19 of P3...I am nice and stable at LIW.

In P4 I think I will do a fasting day on Thursdays (24 hrs, dinner on wed, coffee, water and tea all day Thurs then high protein dinner w/ veggies) My Thursdays are so crazy. My husband races and my kid has swim those nights. Also me and my yoga mat need to become very good friends again.

I am also noticing reshaping and getting smaller and tighter...even with the scale being same. I think this way of eating just makes you leaner and changes your body composition. I need to take another shot of before and afters from P2 to P3...because the changes are visible! it's nice to be at goal weight, but to look good in a bikini at 43 years old is very good for my self esteem...hello Hawaii this summer and my 25 year high school reunion....my cousins daughter just got engaged so probably a family wedding to attend in the near future as well.

TGIF beautiful ladies!

Blog Entries
    Hello Ladies,

So today is my last day of P3 I gained a little from lack of sleep, extra carbs, or just because... I'm at 111.4 this morning which is still -1.1 under LIW. So happy I cannot believe I have been on this "journey" since the beginning of January! 21.6 pound loss. I weigh about the same or less than my freshman year of college. So awesome. I am going to be joining the forum at MDA soon so look for me there if you are already posting

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday.

And Hunger Games was so good!

GOAL 10 pound loss
    Week 1 (4/28 - 5/4):
    Week 2 (5/5 - 5/11):
    Week 3 (5/12 - 5/18):

R/P/M
    I'll see you on the MDA forums MJ!

Thanks for sharing your journey with me everyone, lurkers and posters ... I really appreciate the support.

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast