Popular Pages

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Make it a Paleo P3!

Blog Entries
    Lacey what do you plan on adding in to P3 first? I am planning on adding in coconut oil and eggs (which I had during P2 w/out a problem), SF bacon, coconut milk, almonds, and I know it is not pure paleo, but I do plan to add in a little greek yogurt during the first week. Giving myself a day or so to test out if it is okay.

2nd week - I want to add in avocado, almond butter, almond flour, coconut flour, and cheese
    R2 - Hucog Subq injections @ 125 Dose, 23 day round
    I am a ROGUE Endurance Athlete who eats more calories typically in the form of protein

GOAL 10 pound loss
    Week 1 (4/28 - 5/4):
    Week 2 (5/5 - 5/11):
    Week 3 (5/12 - 5/18):

R/P/M
    Round 4 P3 RX Injections (VLCD1- 1/7/12)
    I do plan on having organic HWC in my coffee first day! I am planning on having eggs with chicken and salsa for breakfast. For lunch I'll probably just have a big salad with steak or chicken balsamic and olive oil dressing dressing. Dinner pork chops, grilled onions and brus sprouts! I also have a can of coconut milk chilling in the frige to make this!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/201...rosting-shots/

I have always done very well with eggs and coconut oil.

I will probably add FFF back in at the 3rd week.

R/P/M
    I also love protien pancakes!

4 organic eggs , one scoop unflavored high quality whey. Whip it up (I have a hand blender) cook in butter or cc oil. I like mine with butter, cinn. I have used walden syrups in p4 and done well...but want to keep this p3 pretty clean.

Here is my paleo board on pinterst

http://pinterest.com/lacebug/paleo-meals/

And my inspiration board

http://pinterest.com/lacebug/inspration-motivation/
    Last edited by Laceyinsd; March 1st, 2012 at 03:10 PM.

R/P/M
    And here is some more info from www.everydaypaleo.com

I have her cookbook too.
    Of course in p3, we will want to avoid the "little bit of starch" ...that's p4.

What is Paleo?

Eating paleo refers to eating as our ancestors once did, prior to modern day agriculture. We are genetically designed to eat lean meats, vegetables, some fruit, a little bit of starch and good fats. By removing processed foods from our diets, including grains – especially those that contain gluten – one can protect him or herself from a myriad of modern day illnesses from obesity to heart disease and diabetes to cancer. Why does eating paleo work and not a standard American diet? The standard American diet stresses the importance of eating a high carbohydrate low fat diet, this approach to eating only leads to diseases such as type II diabetes, obesity, depression, and the list goes on and on… Also, grains – especially whole grains which contain gluten such as wheat and barley are proven gut irritants. Eating paleo has helped hundreds of thousands reverse disease, lose weight, and feel an overall sense of heath and wellness. Try eating paleo for 30 days and see if YOU look, feel and perform better! For more science behind why you should be eating paleo visit Robb Wolf’s site the New York Times best selling author of The Paleo Solution and for the practical “how to” as well as recipe and a fitness section for the entire family, check out my national bestselling book Everyday Paleo.

What can I NOT eat?

It’s so much easier to focus on what you CAN eat. Meat, seafood, vegetables, seasonal fruit, good fats such as avocados, nuts – but not in excess. Plenty of olive oil, coconut oil, and coconut milk. Stay away from all processed foods, dairy, grains (yes even whole grains and brown rice), sugar, artificial sweeteners, fruit juice, and starchy foods like white potatoes and beans.

How do I get started and what should I stock in my pantry/fridge?

My book will take you by the hand and help you in detail to get started and to maintain this amazing lifestyle. Also, read this post for a great jumpstart and for more inspiration check out my required reading posts as well!

Can I afford to eat paleo?

Yes, you can. Shop at your local farmers markets and support your local organic farmers. Visit Local Harvest to see if you have a local CSA to join. Go to Eat Wild to find sources for grass fed beef. Furthermore, cutting out foods like fancy sweet coffee drinks, sodas, trips through the drive through, and boxes and cans of processed foods will actually save you money. Even though the price tag on free range meat and organic vegetables can sometimes be more expensive, you will not be buying all the other crap too. If you live in an area in which it is possible, you can grow your own vegetables year round. I also recommend finding another family to buy meat with, sharing a portion of free range beef or humanely raised pork is much more affordable then buying an entire share on your own. Here’s the big one – you and your family will be healthy, and this will save you a lot of money over your entire life time. You will not be spending big bucks on antibiotics, cold medicines, heart disease medication, and insulin shots, not to mention expensive doctor’s visits.

R/P/M
    R3/P2/hhcg
    Blog Entries
    Did you sign up for the Paleo Summit?

btw. Kale chips ROCK!
    5'5" Medium Frame
    May 2012 lowest weight 148.8 - reached in P3.

WEIGHT-LOSS APOCALYPSE. A must read before following the protocol. PERIOD.
    http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Loss-Ap.../dp/B0068E5F0W

Yes I do plan on doing Paleo for the rest of my life. I have done the Hcg injections 3 times. I looked in to Paleo in Jan and late Jan decided to do the Hcg diet one more time, then going Paleo. I have tried adding carbs back in after P4 and it just doesn't work for me. After I while I always gain weight then have to do the Hcg Diet again. I finally decided doing Paleo was the only way for me to keep the weight off.

I plan on being Paleo 95% of the time. I know there will be times where I will "cheat" like at holiday times and vacations. But in general I need to stay Paleo. So hubby and I are game to do this. I just need to find some really good recipes. I follow Marks Daily Apple and book marked some of the links on here...

Of course I still want to have my wine and cheese. Which I don't think is as bad as "grains" and "sugar".

So I'm with you on the Paleo for life. Plus it makes since to me.

Shakira on the inside!
    Blog Entries
    Hi Guys! Lacey, thanks for starting this thread! I am going to subscribe and lurk if y'all don't mind. I am in r2 p2 for another 2 weeks. I have been looking for a healthy low carb plan that I can use for a lifetime to maintain my wt loss.

I just wanted to clarify a little something.... Marks daily apple advocates a Primal lifestyle which follows Paleo about 80% of the time . I love that BC he allows some good dairy and some nuts ( if I remember correctly, these are not allowed on Paleo... I'm in bed and too lazy to go and get my book out... Hehehe). The Primal Blueprint lays out a wonderfully healthy lifestyle plan that encompasses more than food choices...and I agree it is a WINNER for P3 adaptation. Grammy agrees too as I have read her posts saying she is following Primal. It is a slight distinction but they are different.

I have not listened to the Summit, Shadowcat....have you? It looked like a well balanced program with some great speakers but I couldn't find the time to check in. Anyone else listen in? Any insights?

Cant wait to check out all the helpful links...thanks, you guys!

Shakira on the inside!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJasmin25 View Post
    Here are some recipes that I will be making for the rest of the month

http://pinterest.com/jasmindean/paleo-primal-recipes/
    Jas, recipes look great...do I have to sign in to pinterest to get them? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Newjulie View Post
    Marks daily apple advocates a Primal lifestyle which follows Paleo about 80% of the time . I love that BC he allows some good dairy and some nuts ( if I remember correctly, these are not allowed on Paleo... I'm in bed and too lazy to go and get my book out... Hehehe).
    I think if you are following a "strict" Paleo then cheese and dairy are probably foods you don't want to eat. But I just asked on the forum in Marks Daily Apple about cheese. I love to have sharp cheese and feta with salads. Some people said those are pretty Paleo friendly. Some people can't eat cheese or dairy because their bodies have a hard time with it. And some people do fine with it.

I personally have not given cheese up. If you can which I hope to do soon is get aged cheese that is not highly processed like "raw" cheese. I haven't bought raw cheese in a while because it is expensive, but will in the future. They do say if you do have dairy or cheese try to get it raw.

R/P/M
    @ Shadowcat...I have not signed into the Summit yet...will try in later after I get my munchkin fed and to bed. I will make some kale chips this weekend! Need to shop tomorrow night.

@ back again...i know, it sucks so bad to re lose weight you have already lost. I was kicking myself this last round for having re lose the 11lbs I gained over the holidays. I can maintain by eating right 95% of the time too. Little cheats here and there when I get to p4 and correction days if needed. I love my wine...wine and chocolate, wine and cheese, wine cheese and slice pears..yum. Anyway, I am going to try and save it for p4. If I have a drink in p3 (which I will!) it will be vodka.

@ newjulie...I seem to do ok with full fat dairy so I will be having it a little bit in P3 ..cream cheese and HWC. And more in p4 once I get stable. I do like the raw cheeses too! Raw goats feta is really good.

I'm thinking strict (ish) paleo for p3 and looser paleo for p4. I just want to be stable!

Welcome everyone!

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast