Popular Pages

Thread: P3 and 800 calorie protocol question

R/P/M
    R8P4 (5 rounds after pregnancy 1, 3 rounds after preganancy2), HHCG drops

P3 and 800 calorie protocol question

Hello!
    I am back and about to complete R2P2 for the second time! I am not knew to HCG. It worked wonderfully about 3 years ago but I got pregnant again and gained 40 of the 60lbs I lost back. As of this morning I am at my pre-pregnancy weight YAY! and I'm planning on losing another 6lbs. That being said...I had a hard time stabilizing on P3 my first 4 rounds. I cycled a lot and was finally able to stabilize for about 3 months before getting pregnant again. I have read the 800 calorie book and I am wondering if anyone has done P3 their way and how you did? I am considering it because normal P3 is scaring me! I also just found out the I have celiacs (actually the rash caused by celiacs) and I have to consider that going into P4. SO any help with gluten issues is also appreciated.
    Thanks!
    ~Jill
    71lbs lost, 23.2 BMI

The best project you will ever work on is YOU!

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    lots of us have celiacs. There is no need to ever add gluten. I eat P3 all the time myself with occasional servings of rice or oatmeal, never gluten.

Not a big fan of altering the protocol. I see too many not lose well or not stabilize right.

If it is the book by Anil Patel, his is the first HCG program I did and was very successful on it. Also, I was actually able to do it under his supervision as he is based out of Las Vegas and my health insurance covered. it.

maybe that's why you had a hard time stabilizing

The best advice I can give is to avoid going directly from 800 calories to "maintenance". The middle ground is called the "Transition Plan" in my protocol and it is a slow addition of MORE food, without adding any NEW food. So if you are currently following an 800 plan, then in your last week, start tapering your HCG down and begin increasing quantity of food to an 1100 calorie intake. This will allow your metabolism to stabilize without gain (since your body requires more than 1100 calories per day on maintenance). You will continue to lose a couple of pounds, on no medication, and you will feel so much more secure in your ability to maintain. Then in the second Transition week, increase to 1400 calories. By week 3, shoot for 1700 calories. Here is where the scale is valuable because at whatever point you stop losing and start maintaining, that is the number of calories your body requires now. From this point, it is now safe to slowly add back foods, one at a time, and I recommend a careful food reintroduction. Good luck! Any questions, feel free..

R/P/M
    R8P4 (5 rounds after pregnancy 1, 3 rounds after preganancy2), HHCG drops
    Thank you for the responses. I think I might have been a little unclear in my first post...I cycled because I could not stabilize so I would go back on HCG to get my weight back down. I am not on the 800 calorie diet right now. This is round 7 for me (total over the past 3 years) and I actually do very well staying between 500-600 calories. If I go under 500 I stall; over 600 I gain. I was just wondering if anyone had any success following the P3 protocol outlined in the 800 calories diet by Sonia Russell and Candice Ekberg. The differences are no nuts, only skim mozzarella cheese, 2 tbsp. milk, use oil sparingly, an added correction day of non-fat 0% plain greek yogurt with fresh fruit 4x per day. I think I might try it since nuts and cheese made me gain in P3 and I don't eat red meat which made P3 very hard. So the greek yogurt would be ideal for protein.
    Again thank you for your responses and advice.
    ~Jill
    71lbs lost, 23.2 BMI

The best project you will ever work on is YOU!

R/P/M
    P4
    I have celiac, too. At first it was overwhelming, scary and depressing. I cleaned out my whole kitchen, replaced a lot of my cooking utensils to avoid cross-contamination, did a lot of research and reading, and now, I rarely give it a thought. We're fortunate that there are so many gluten free items, restaurant menus and recipes available these days. I'd hate to have been diagnosed 20 years ago when there wasn't even gf pasta available. I tend not to buy a lot of gf snack items, but I do buy alternative flours and I like to cook. That helps. If you have any questions, let me know.

I haven't read the 800 calorie protocol or tried it. I do best on P3 when I add plenty of calories made up of non-starchy vegetables, protein and lots of fat. I don't do well with nuts so I avoid them altogether or eat them very sparingly. I don't eat anything skim or nonfat or 0% fat if I can eat a version of it that is full fat. I also don't use milk or yogurt since I think they have too much natural sugar for me in P3...I do eat heavy cream and don't limit the amount. Gains for me were almost always the result of eating too little food and too little fat.

If nuts and cheese made you gain, definitely avoid them. I'm concerned that the yogurt might make you gain if cheese did...sounds like a dairy sensitivity. But try it and see. If you don't eat red meat, salmon and other fatty fish are great for P3. Or roast chicken or other poultry with the skin for added fat.

If you try the P3 plan from the 800 calorie protocol, please keep everyone updated on how it works, what worked best, what needed to be tweaked, etc.