Popular Pages

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P3 d4 gaining everyday!! Thoughts?

R/P/M
    R4 P2, hHCG drops

P3 d4 gaining everyday!! Thoughts?

Today Im on P3 D4 and I was shocked to see a 1.2 # gain this morning!
    Im trying not to get worked up but I have gained EVERYDAY since P2.

I'm wondering if Im not eating enough? I have never been a big eater or had much of an appetite. I think that is how I got to be 30 pounds over weight, besides age [45], hormones, etc. I think I put my body into starvation mode. Definitely NOT on purpose.
    Im leaving on a 4 day trip on Sunday and if I can't get a handle on this while Im at home, HOW am I going to manage eating on the road?

Here is a typical day of eating for me.

B: 2 - 4" low carb pancakes, 1 tsp butter
    made with 2 eggs, cream cheese, protein powder, vanilla , 1 tsp xylitol
    2 pc bacon
    dollop of whip cream
    tea,
    2 tsp coconut oil, 2 Tbsp 18% cream, xylitol

Snack: Protein powder shake with 1 C coconut milk [so sugar]
    1tsp cocoa powder,

L: 1 can tuna 2 Tbsp mayo
    2 Larg celery stalks
    1 pickle

snack: 12 almonds
    6" pc pepperoni with 1 Tbsp cream cheese

Dinner: 6 oz hamburger with cheddar cheese
    fried mushrooms in a bit of butter
    6 cherry tomato's
    1 leaf romain lettuce

84-90 OZ of water daily

Supplements
    thyroid, adrenal, potassium, magnesium, DHEA, Multi, electrolyte mix [no sugar, once daily]

I have been quite active the last 3 days, doing yard work, painting and deep cleaning.
    Also I have spent time laying in the sun which I understand can make you retain water??

I Muscle Tested yesterday for the things I have been eating and the only "ify" thing was eggs.
    Other wise I tested quite positive for everything else

I would appreciate any comments/suggestions
    I cannot do a steak day today due to my schedule
    Thanks Ladies!

I am on my last day of P3 and have never stabilized. I am 53, on thyroid meds and take magnesium because this diet keeps my constipated. Have been up and down the same 4-5 lbs since the 1st week of P3. I've done 3 steaks days (including today). Found out I'm sensitive to eggs and dairy, so haven't even tried cream cheese or nuts which are I hear can be big weight gain triggers. All I can say is go back to eating very clean (no dairy, eggs or nuts) and do a steak day as soon as you can. I usually lose 3.5-5 lbs on that day. I'm also having my blood work done to see if anything weird is going on with my thyroid. I know it is very, very frustrating finding your triggers, but just keep at it and try not to shoot the scale!

R/P/M
    R1P4D4 HHCG
    Hi!
    I am thinking you might have a food sensitivity. Try to cut out the "iffy" foods and eat clean for a couple of days. Add one thing at a time such as eggs. Wait 2-3 days and see if you gain before adding something else.

I am around day 40 something of p4 and I still am eating p3 and occasionally will eat p4 foods (once a week). I like my fats I guess. LOL

You may want to try what I did when I started p3. I take 3 good supplements a day. In the morning when I get up I take 1 capsule of L-Carnitine on empty stomach, for lunchtime I will take 1 capsule of a probiotic before I eat and for dinner I will take 1 capsule of a digestive enzyme before I eat. I think this has helped me stabilize like a rock. I did 6 weeks of p3 and 40 some days into p4 and am still stable. I did one steak day on the last day of p3 because my body didn't like whey protein. I obviously cut that out of my diet and have not tried to add it back in.

I think that this would help you greatly to stabilize, but you still need to figure out what food (s) are not agreeing with you. That way you know what to stay away from. I know for me it was eggs and whey protein. I still stay away from sugar unless it is natural such as what is in fresh fruit.

I hope this helps you and you can stabilize, it can be frustrating to see that scale go up when we watch it go down in p2.

R/P/M
    R4 P2, hHCG drops
    I appreciate the advice and support KHUDSONUS!
    So much for "eat whatever you want except starch and sugar" ;P
    I was off all my adrenal/thryroid supplements for P2 and wondered abut those?
    I guess I will redo P3, good thing Im only 4 days in.
    I found an alternative to Steak Day and one that I can take with me today as Im out of the house all day/night.
    I posted it on this forum some where here... HA Ha ....Its an Apple and Cheese day. Both will travel well, so I will give it a whirl and tomorrow get down to business.
    I had nothing but a HUGE struggle with P2 and was hoping this round would be "golden" for me...I see not
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KHUDSONUS View Post
    I am on my last day of P3 and have never stabilized. I am 53, on thyroid meds and take magnesium because this diet keeps my constipated. Have been up and down the same 4-5 lbs since the 1st week of P3. I've done 3 steaks days (including today). Found out I'm sensitive to eggs and dairy, so haven't even tried cream cheese or nuts which are I hear can be big weight gain triggers. All I can say is go back to eating very clean (no dairy, eggs or nuts) and do a steak day as soon as you can. I usually lose 3.5-5 lbs on that day. I'm also having my blood work done to see if anything weird is going on with my thyroid. I know it is very, very frustrating finding your triggers, but just keep at it and try not to shoot the scale!

R/P/M
    R4 P2, hHCG drops
    Hi Turk
    when I did the Muscle testing yesterday eggs were my only "iffy" thing, or so it seemed....I only ate the eggs [2] in the pancakes which makes enough for me to have 3 meals. But extremely interested in looking at the whey. I forgot to test that yesterday
    I have a Vegan protein that I will try tomorrow???

Breakfast is tricky for me as I dont really like [or can't have eggs??] and not a big fan of yogurt! sigh....

I do have a probiotic, I will add that.

Why is this turning out to be so darn frustrating?
    So far my whole HCG experience has been one big struggle. The weight came off [18.6 in 36 days] for which I am grateful, but the ordeal has been "trying" to say the least
    Thanks for your reply, it is appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Hi!
    I am thinking you might have a food sensitivity. Try to cut out the "iffy" foods and eat clean for a couple of days. Add one thing at a time such as eggs. Wait 2-3 days and see if you gain before adding something else.

I am around day 40 something of p4 and I still am eating p3 and occasionally will eat p4 foods (once a week). I like my fats I guess. LOL

You may want to try what I did when I started p3. I take 3 good supplements a day. In the morning when I get up I take 1 capsule of L-Carnitine on empty stomach, for lunchtime I will take 1 capsule of a probiotic before I eat and for dinner I will take 1 capsule of a digestive enzyme before I eat. I think this has helped me stabilize like a rock. I did 6 weeks of p3 and 40 some days into p4 and am still stable. I did one steak day on the last day of p3 because my body didn't like whey protein. I obviously cut that out of my diet and have not tried to add it back in.

I think that this would help you greatly to stabilize, but you still need to figure out what food (s) are not agreeing with you. That way you know what to stay away from. I know for me it was eggs and whey protein. I still stay away from sugar unless it is natural such as what is in fresh fruit.

I hope this helps you and you can stabilize, it can be frustrating to see that scale go up when we watch it go down in p2.

R/P/M
    R3/P3/rx
    I would drop the low carb pancakes and the sugar. Unless you meant [no sugar] and not [so sugar] for the coconut milk.

It looks like, for day 4, you added all the sensitivty products too fast. Most on here recommend waiting 3 days before adding a new possible "trouble" food. You might be senstive to any of them.

I was confused about eat anything on p3, vs. yes eat anything on p3 with the exception of "xyz", vs. eat anything on p3 with the exception of "xyz" AND add in eggs, cheese and nut slowly! I am on option three of those directives and I'm p3 day 5 and stabalizing great. I will add nuts tomorrow.

I would take eggs, cheese and nuts out of your diet and go back to some more basic p2 eating for maybe 2 days, then slowly add those foods back in. Have you seen the list for good p3 foods and what to avoid? The avoid list is basically starches and sugar type foods.

R/P/M
    P2 yet again/rx subq
    Eggs, dairy and nuts are the most common causes of weight gain in those who are doing everything else right. You should add those in one day at a time, leaving a few days in between. That way you can tell if any or all of them affect you negatively. I added eggs and cheese together and was fortunate not to have a problem, but large amounts of nuts do make me gain. I can eat a few, but not lots.

Have you read the ingredients on your cream cheese, cream, bacon, tuna, mayo? All of those items often have additives that can cause problems. Cream cheese can have guar gum and carageenan. Cream often has carageenan. Bacon can have sugar. Tuna can have msg and starch containing vegetable broth. Mayo can have sugar and a whole host of other disgusting chemicals.

I would not eat protein powder. I don't think it is a good dietary choice for anyone, but that is my opinion. I also find that coconut oil makes me gain. I know lots of people swear by its ability to increase the metabolism, but it causes me to gain. I've read of one or two other people with the same experience.

I'm pretty sure I eat more food and more fat than you do on P3. I use a lot of butter.

If I were you, I'd spend 2-3 days eating meat, non-starchy vegetables and good fats. I wouldn't eat xylitol, protein powder, nuts, eggs or cheese. Then add in the eggs, dairy, nuts one at a time.

R/P/M
    R4 P2, hHCG drops
    It certainly would have been nice for Dr. S to be a bit more "clear" LOL
    I went right in to LOW CARB mode because that is what I know...obviously I bit too much.
    I did check my ingredients and most were ok. Mayo said 0 sugars but when I took out magnifing glas there, smooshed in the ingredient list was sugar.
    GGRR so i made my own homemade mayo, turned out beautiful ,tastes wonderful! Bcaon says no sugar anywhere but then in teeny tiny print in bottom corner says "may contain" ? HUH? you would think it either DOES or Doesn't??!!

I did an Apple/Cheese day yesterday.
    It was an option I found to the Steak Day, and worked out for me better since my schedule yesterday was nuts.
    This morning my scale { Ive aptly named it Hitler} showed a 1.8 # loss!!!
    I am now only .4 pounds above LDW so today I will restart P3 with all the great suggestions from you lovely ladies.

Apple/Cheese Day LINK
    http://voices.yahoo.com/stabilizing-...33.html?cat=51

Seriously tho....is life after HCG always going to be this difficult? Meaning that the "eat whatever you want except starch/sugar" is NOt really going to apply?
    Just a thought I am pondering.......

Quote Originally Posted by jmmrr View Post
    Eggs, dairy and nuts are the most common causes of weight gain in those who are doing everything else right. You should add those in one day at a time, leaving a few days in between. That way you can tell if any or all of them affect you negatively. I added eggs and cheese together and was fortunate not to have a problem, but large amounts of nuts do make me gain. I can eat a few, but not lots.

Have you read the ingredients on your cream cheese, cream, bacon, tuna, mayo? All of those items often have additives that can cause problems. Cream cheese can have guar gum and carageenan. Cream often has carageenan. Bacon can have sugar. Tuna can have msg and starch containing vegetable broth. Mayo can have sugar and a whole host of other disgusting chemicals.

I would not eat protein powder. I don't think it is a good dietary choice for anyone, but that is my opinion. I also find that coconut oil makes me gain. I know lots of people swear by its ability to increase the metabolism, but it causes me to gain. I've read of one or two other people with the same experience.

I'm pretty sure I eat more food and more fat than you do on P3. I use a lot of butter.

If I were you, I'd spend 2-3 days eating meat, non-starchy vegetables and good fats. I wouldn't eat xylitol, protein powder, nuts, eggs or cheese. Then add in the eggs, dairy, nuts one at a time.

:o
    R/P/M
    r1/p3/drops!
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting this twacy!

I personally think youve just introduced to much at once...cut back to eating p2 foods for a few days than start over and add in slowly as everyone suggests above me haha.

Im intrested in this apple&cheese day alternative! apples are cheaper than steak and well if you look at my signature youll notice im not stabalizing! Especially a 2 lb gain yesterday! Not doing a correction day tho perhaps tomorrow if im still that high ill try the apple cheese. How much is 2 oz of cheese ? haha i have to go to work tomorrow so this is perfect Thanks for sharing

Start - 150.1
    134.9- adjusted ldw
    ?????-weight in the 25th of august (updated daily)

-Megan

R/P/M
    R4 P2, hHCG drops
    Hi Megan!
    Sorry to see your sailing on the same ship as me LOL
    2 oz of cheese is roughly 57 grams. Do you have a scale?
    I bought in inexpensive one at Wal Mart, $20 its a huge help!

Looks like we are very similar in goals. I loaded at 151.2# and am trying to maintain at 133.4 "Trying" key word to note!

I drank A LOT of water yesterday about 96 oz or just under 3 liters. It was smoking hot out so that helped.
    I also had a protein shake in the morning BEFORE I decided to go ahead with the Apple/ Cheese day.
    I ate my food throughout the day not as a meal as I was running around and ate in the car when I had a "moment"
    Im not sure if those things hampered a "larger loss" but I will take the 1.8 pounds with a big big smile
    Best of luck as we figure this darn thing out LOL
    Twacy
    PS
    I cut up my apples, sprinked with lemon juice and then smothered in cinnamon MMMMM

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast