Popular Pages

Page 421 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521921 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 13338

Thread: P3 For Big Eaters!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    I'm okay with PB. I love to spread it on apples, on toast, or use it for spicy sauces on Asian dishes. But I don't lose control with it.

However, that damn sugar-free cheesecake I used to make when i was doing Atkins... um, who ever said that eating cheesecake EVERY SINGLE DAY was normal or healthy?

See what I mean?

Then dont make the cheesecake pudding recipe... I made it last round and ate the whole bowl that same day. (6 servings) I wont be making it again but boy, I look at that recipe all the time...

11/25 --Round 1- 141lbs-146 after load--LDW 126lbs--20lbs loss
    2/9--Round 2-132.4lbs after load LDW for round 2-116.6 lbs
    After 13 days in P3 couldnt stabilize
    3/20-back to P2 -treating P3 as a planned interruption 120.8
    3/28--LDW-115.2 4/20-Adjusted LDW End of P3- 116lbs
    9/23 Load for Round 3 Before load-123lbs After Load-126lbs
    10/16-LDW-114
    10/20-111.8

R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybunchkins View Post
    Then dont make the cheesecake pudding recipe... I made it last round and ate the whole bowl that same day. (6 servings) I wont be making it again but boy, I look at that recipe all the time...
    I'm not dreaming of sweets right now. I'm dreaming of MEAT.

I just opened my slab of ribeye to start aging, so that it will be ready for me on P3 D1.
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.

R/P/M
    R4/P2/patch
    Blog Entries
    The crack debate rages on... I've had GREAT losing and maintaining results from eating Cocoa Crack. There are P2 friendly versions, and P3 friendly versions with add-ins like cream, milk, hazlenut, almonds, and coconut...etc.
    Like anything else, we have to exercise portion control, but it's so rich and satisfying, that is easy.

Here's a great post from quelson:

Cocoa Crack is a Pallative not a Candy Eat more of it.

Coconut Oil
    3). Hexane-Free, unrefined Coconut Oil - is especially loved by your liver because of the wonderful and unique solid SatFat, MCT's, (medium-chain-triglycerides or medium-chain-fatty-acids) making up Coconut Oil also make it solid below 76 degrees Fahrenheit!

FYI : This means in the tropics (where it comes from) and in YOUR BODY it is Liquid... for all you Dieticians and other assorted Bone-Heads who refer to it as a "solid Saturated Fat," with a self-righteous smirk, as if describing monkey dung. You're wrong. Step off.

See, MCT's ARE singularly unique! Consider, LCFA's, (long-chain-Fatty-acids) found in animal satfat and food oils, require Liver-Enzymes to begin to digest these longer chains! Conversely, to digest the shorter MCT's or MCFA's one only needs saliva and stomach acid! This is a really big deal!
    You see, liver-Enzymes otherwise required for digestion of long chain fats may be in short supply. These are conserved. Also, even if these enzymes are in abundance, the Long-Chainedprocess is very slow compared to the Medium-Chained, metabolic "speed-racer" Fatty-Acids of coconut oil!

This "speed" is why Coconut oil MCT's are in EVERY baby formula on the shelf, actually, and VERY high in Mother's Milk! See, babies have underdeveloped "Desaturase Enzyme Systems" so they cannot readily digest LCFA's... but MCT's easily zip straight through to the cell's Energy-Center, the Mitochondria, providing the instant energy and heat for babies to develop rapidly.

This is also why it can help adults lose weight... it's called "Thermogenesis." Eating solid SatFat that is good for your heart & to lose weight ...who would'a thunk it?

Cocoa

Chocolate and cocoa derive their health benefits from flavonoids which are plant pigments capable of acting as antioxidants to counteract some of the cellular damage that can lead to chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease. Cocoa powder has also been shown to lower blood pressure and improve blood flow in humans. A cup of cocoa has almost three times the antioxidants of a cup of green tea, another drink renowned for its health benefits. With all of the antioxidant capabilities of cocoa it may seem like a no-brainer to add dark chocolate and cocoa to your diet. While cocoa is still recommended by most experts when consumed in reasonable quantities, the health benefits of cocoa should be balanced by its potential drawbacks.

2T Coconut Oil
    3T Cocoa ( Unsweetened Powdered )
    Stevia to taste

R5 TOTAL:
    R1 Total: -19.4 lbs (2011)
    R2 Total: - 12.2 lbs
    R3 Total: - BUST
    R4 Total: -22.4 lbs (June '13)

R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Blog Entries
    Topaz, that's all very fine and interesting. However, if I want to glean the benefits from eating coconut oil, I will get it in a form that doesn't depend on a sugar substitute to make it palatable. Like cooking veggies in it, although I hate virgin coconut oil for that. Or just a spoonful as a medicine.

Stevia may be all "natural" and whatnot, but I'd rather stay clear of it because opening the door of the sugar substitutes or other mock carb foods is nothing but trouble for me.
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.

R/P/M
    R3/P3/Homeopathic
    Quote Originally Posted by topazrox View Post
    The crack debate rages on... I've had GREAT losing and maintaining results from eating Cocoa Crack. There are P2 friendly versions, and P3 friendly versions with add-ins like cream, milk, hazlenut, almonds, and coconut...etc.
    Like anything else, we have to exercise portion control, but it's so rich and satisfying, that is easy.

Here's a great post from quelson:

Cocoa Crack is a Pallative not a Candy Eat more of it.

Coconut Oil
    3). Hexane-Free, unrefined Coconut Oil - is especially loved by your liver because of the wonderful and unique solid SatFat, MCT's, (medium-chain-triglycerides or medium-chain-fatty-acids) making up Coconut Oil also make it solid below 76 degrees Fahrenheit!

FYI : This means in the tropics (where it comes from) and in YOUR BODY it is Liquid... for all you Dieticians and other assorted Bone-Heads who refer to it as a "solid Saturated Fat," with a self-righteous smirk, as if describing monkey dung. You're wrong. Step off.

See, MCT's ARE singularly unique! Consider, LCFA's, (long-chain-Fatty-acids) found in animal satfat and food oils, require Liver-Enzymes to begin to digest these longer chains! Conversely, to digest the shorter MCT's or MCFA's one only needs saliva and stomach acid! This is a really big deal!
    You see, liver-Enzymes otherwise required for digestion of long chain fats may be in short supply. These are conserved. Also, even if these enzymes are in abundance, the Long-Chainedprocess is very slow compared to the Medium-Chained, metabolic "speed-racer" Fatty-Acids of coconut oil!

This "speed" is why Coconut oil MCT's are in EVERY baby formula on the shelf, actually, and VERY high in Mother's Milk! See, babies have underdeveloped "Desaturase Enzyme Systems" so they cannot readily digest LCFA's... but MCT's easily zip straight through to the cell's Energy-Center, the Mitochondria, providing the instant energy and heat for babies to develop rapidly.

This is also why it can help adults lose weight... it's called "Thermogenesis." Eating solid SatFat that is good for your heart & to lose weight ...who would'a thunk it?

Cocoa

Chocolate and cocoa derive their health benefits from flavonoids which are plant pigments capable of acting as antioxidants to counteract some of the cellular damage that can lead to chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease. Cocoa powder has also been shown to lower blood pressure and improve blood flow in humans. A cup of cocoa has almost three times the antioxidants of a cup of green tea, another drink renowned for its health benefits. With all of the antioxidant capabilities of cocoa it may seem like a no-brainer to add dark chocolate and cocoa to your diet. While cocoa is still recommended by most experts when consumed in reasonable quantities, the health benefits of cocoa should be balanced by its potential drawbacks.

2T Coconut Oil
    3T Cocoa ( Unsweetened Powdered )
    Stevia to taste

Thanks! Thats why i figured cocoa crack is a healthy munch!
    Especially over mug cake, which STILL isnt unhealthy but it uses flour substitues that can cause problems, where coconut oil and cocoa are good for us! Especially the coconut oil fat!
    Alexis

4/19- 141.8

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbles View Post
    Hell yeah, I would be too. I need to cut and paste this day, its sounds doable. Good job! Dam.
    Ditto on that-still reading through all the morning posts but I love it Firegirl!!!!!!!

R/P/M
    R2/P4ever/SubQ
    News Flash!

I just decided to research my theory.. Apparently its already been proven.. DAMN! Anyway it is called 'calorie shifting' I would have named it something better like 'Chompers Revenge' but whatever..

So basically it says, you eat one day up one day down or two days up two days down. You are supposed to base where you go up and down from on you BMR.. -We know that number is horse shit- so the trick for us would be to pick the right base number.. Then for 2 days you eat 300 above that number and the next 2 days 300 below that number. Or if you are doing 1 up 1 down you eat every other day 300 above/300 below..

SO say you pick one up one down, do that for 7 days then switch to 2 up 2 down for 4 days. Then it true loading style they say every 11 days you 'cheat' for 2-3 days.. Then start over again. Cheating is defined as eat what ever you want but not to the point where you are stuffed. I think for us we would be better off 'cheating' within the p3-p4 boundrys just to avoid all of our newly found food sensitivities..

SO what do you guys think? And more importantly what number should a chomper base their number on? I am thinking for me I might go 1900.. Then my up days will be 2200 and my low days 1600.. I can do that!

It makes sense if you think about it.. I was eating 1600 to 1700 most of p3. The one day I hit 2000 and joined you guys I lost. Here I was thinking that I lost because I am meant to eat over 2000 calories a day when most likley I lost because I freaked the hell out of my body by changing things up.

Anyone want to join Prof Piggy in the chomperiment?
    R1 147.6 Load 146.1 LIW 127.1
    R2 128 Load 139.8 LIW 124.6

weight loss

R/P/M
    Started Round 1 September 8, 2010, on Phase 2, Taking HCG Drops
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAF2306 View Post
    Does anyone have a recipe for cocoa crack? Bc i think thats more safe if i want chocolate than mug cake, bc mug cake contains almond or coconut flour, and id like to avoid those for now. I made cocoa crack before but it was so bitter! I used coconut oil and like 1tbsp of cocoa.. Would butter added make it better? Idk, so if anyone has a good recipe let me know TOM likes chocolate. lol
    Alexis, I would like a good recipe for the crack, too. Mine is so often bitter too. I can't seem to get the bitter taste out.

R/P/M
    Started Round 1 September 8, 2010, on Phase 2, Taking HCG Drops
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    P3 is not the time for treats. Get used to eating real food.
    Carolina is our resident "hard ass" "no-nonsense" chomper.

Blog Entries
    I just decided to research my theory.. Apparently its already been proven.. DAMN! Anyway it is called 'calorie shifting'

Also called Calorie Cycling.