Popular Pages

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: P3 Friendly Recipes [ORGANIZED]

R/P/M
    R1/P2/IM
    Just remember that where it says sugar, honey, chocolate (with added sugar), etc. in the recipe you should make the appropriate P3 friendly substitutions. Thanks for organizing and putting these up!

R/P/M
    p3, wk1
    Blog Entries

OMELET MUFFINS

INGREDIENTS
    ▪ 6 eggs
    ▪ 1/4 – 1/2 cup cooked meat, cut or crumbled into small
    pieces
    ▪ 1/2 cup diced vegetables
    ▪ 1/4 tsp salt
    ▪ 1/8 tsp ground pepper
    ▪ 1/8 cup mayonnaise
    ▪ 1/8 cup water
    ▪ Optional Ingredient Idea: Make a Mexican Omelet Muffin
    by adding 1/4 cup shredded cheese, onions, and lightly
    drained salsa to the eggs

DIRECTIONS
    Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease 6 muffin tins with butter or coconut oil or for easier removal line
    with paper baking cups. The baking cups also help the muffins hold their shape. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add
    meat, vegetables, salt, ground pepper, and any other ingredients and stir to combine.
    Spoon or scoop into the muffin cups. Bake for 18–20 minutes until a knife inserted into the center of an muffin/
    omelet comes out almost clean. The omelets will continue to cook for a minute or two after removed from the
    oven. Remove the omelets from the muffin cups and serve, or cool completely and store for another day.

Note:
    "Its my belief lol green onions and green bellpeppers are the best veggies to put in eggies. Pepperjack is the best cheese ...just my two cents" -Chucklemethis

[Submitted by Amy Schoenherr - Mark Sisson's "THE PRIMAL BLUEPRINT READER-CREATED COOKBOOK]
    Last edited by Chucklemethis; February 27th, 2011 at 11:49 AM.

R/P/M
    p3, wk1
    Blog Entries

[Reposting Ailuj's week plan from her HCG clinic ]

R/P/M
    p3, wk1
    Blog Entries
    Avocado Ranch Salad Dressing
    Ingredients
    1/4 cup ripe avocado
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1 tablespoon buttermilk
    1 1/2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
    1 pinch dried dill weed
    1/8 teaspoon onion powder
    1 pinch garlic powder
    Directions
    1.Mash avocado in a bowl, then stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, and vinegar. Sprinkle with salt, parsley, dill, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir until well blended, chill until ready to serve.
    Nutritional Information
    Amount Per Serving* Calories: 125 | Total Fat: 12.9g | Cholesterol: 9mg

Blue Cheese Dressing
    1 clove garlic
    2 oz blue cheese
    1 cup mayo
    1/4 cup sour cream
    2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
    2 Tbs xylitol

I put all ingredients in my Magic Bullet and blend. You could do this by hand also. In my Magic Bullet, I blend and then put a lid on the cup and store it in the fridge for about 10-14 days. I like it so much I won't go back to bottled dressing.

Easy method
    Cream cheese, splash of half and half, dollop of sour cream and of course blue cheese.
    1 Cocoa Crack
    2 3 T Coconut Oil or Butter (I prefer Coconut Oil for the texture) Melt.
    Add:
    3 T Cocoa powder (100 pure)
    3 T English Toffee liquid Stevia or fav. sweetener, to taste. (xylitol)
    Nuts, chopped, optional
    unsweetened shredded coconut or cinnamon, optional

1. Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
    2. Turn heat to very low and add in cocoa. Make sure it does not come to a boil.
    3. Stir in xylitol. Let it sit for a few minutes so the xylitol has time to melt.
    3 I don't cook it at all. I melt the coconut oil, add the xylitol and cocoa to it, add shredded coconut and almonds to it then spread it on wax paper and put it in the freezer. I break off pieces and eat it from there.
    4 Chocolate mousse

- 2 parts heavy cream
    - 1 part cocoa
    - sweetener to taste (stevia, splenda, etc)
    you can also add a splash of vanilla, and even cinammon.
    mix all together, and beat to desired consistency. the more you beat it, the harder it will become.

Mug Cake
    2 Tlbs. Almond flour
    1 1/2 T xylitol
    1 Tlbs. cocoa powder, heaping
    1 egg
    1 1/2 Tlbs. half and half or cream
    1 Tlbs. Butter or coconut oil
    Splash of Vanilla extract
    1 large coffee mug

Mix all dry ingredients in mug, add egg and blend thoroughly. Add milk, oil and vanilla and mix. Place in 1000 watt microwave for 90 sec. Do not cover mug. Cake will rise. Let cool and place on plate. Add a little whipped cream to top

Oopsie Rolls (Gluten-Free Buns)
    3 large eggs
    pinch of cream of tartar (1/8 tsp)
    3 ounces cream cheese (Do not soften)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Separate the eggs and add cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise they might be too moist). Can be frozen.

Notes: If you are making these to be savory (for burgers) you can add dry mustard and dill or other seasonings to the yolk mixture. If you want a more sweet roll, add a very small amount of stevia natural sweetener to the yolk mixture.

Makes 6 Induction Friendly, Gluten-Free rolls.

Nutritional information per roll: Calories:85 , Carbohydrates: .6 g, Fiber: 0g, Net Carbohydrates: .6g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 7.5

Minute muffin recipe (for p3/p4):
    1/4 cup flax meal or almond flour
    1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder (the one I used had baking soda....)
    1 packet Splenda ( I used 2 tsp Xylitol) (or more to your preference)
    1-2 teaspoon Cinnamon
    1 Egg
    1-2 teaspoons Butter

Mix the dry ingredients in a large coffe cup. Add egg and butter; mix well. Microwave for 50-seconds to 1-minute. Muffin pops right out.

Brownies
    8 6 oz cream cheese
    1 T Xylitol
    2 scoops Stevia ( i use KAL it comes with a spoon I think it is about 1/8 of a teaspoon )
    2 Large eggs
    1/4 t Baking Soda
    1 t vanilla
    4 T unsweetened Cocoa
    1/4 C MCT oil ( coconut butter will do )
    1/4 C Heavy Whipping Cream
    1 C almond Flour

Cream Xylitol and Cheese together till smooth.
    Add eggs one at the time and incorporate slowly
    * i rest the batter as I add each thing because I dont want to over mix.
    Add vanilla, baking soda and unsweetened Cocoa; mix till smooth
    Add MCT oil and heavy whipping cream; mix till smooth
    Finally add Almond Flour and just bring together, you will probably finish mixing by hand.

Pour batter into 9 x 5 bread pan. ( i grease mine with coconut butter but sometimes it doesn't work if your pan is not super Teflon so line with wax or parchment paper )
    use spoon to level.

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 min in convection (waves) or 40 min if not. Check for doneness with a skewer. Allow to cool when skewer comes out clean ( the MCT may make it looK greasy that is OK, just make certain it is not runny)

Product will rise very high then as it cools it will fall into dense goodness. If you really want to be decadent ass shaved unsweetened coconut and chopped pecans to the top of the batter before cooking.

Bagels
    Yield 5 bagels, each with 75 calories, 5g fat, 3.2g carbs, 0.3g sugar, and 5g protien.

2.5T Coconut Flour
    3T Golden Flax Meal
    3 eggs, seperated
    1/2 t Baking Powder

Combine dry ingredients.
    Beat whites until foamy.
    Slowly add in yolks and dry mixture.
    Let sit for 5-10 min (too firm up, if still too runny add a 1/2T coconut flour and let sit again).
    Place into donut pan or shape into bagels on cookie sheet.
    Bake at 325 for 30 min.

Flax Muffins
    11 These are so tasty for breakfast! I usually add a tablespoon or so of cinnamon, but you could add any spice you want!
    12 Yield 10 muffins, each with 70 calories, 5.25g fat, 1.8g carbs, 0.1g sugar, 4.35g protien (without blueberries)

1/2 C Golden Flax Meal
    1/4 C Whey Protien (such as Jay Robb Vanilla)
    2 T Grapeseed Oil
    1/4 C Truvia
    1 egg
    1 t Vanilla
    1/4 t Salt
    1/2 C Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
    Cinnamon or Blueberries

Mix together, pour into small muffin cups, bake at 350 for 30 min.

Healthy Red Velvet Cake

Serves 8-10

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup unsalted organic butter, softened
    9 large eggs
    1 cup erythritol
    1/4 teaspoon good-tasting pure stevia extract
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1/2 cup yogurt
    1 tablespoon red food coloring
    3/4 cup sifted coconut flour
    3/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
    2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder

Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Set out butter and eggs to bring to room temperature. Alternatively, microwave butter for 8-10 seconds and dunk eggs in warm tap water for 15 minutes. Prep 9 inch cake pan by greasing with non-hydrogenated shortening and dusting with extra cocoa powder. Tap pan on all sides to distribute cocoa powder in an even layer. Whisk together eggs in a bowl until a bit foamy, and add vanilla extract to eggs. In another bowl, sift coconut flour and stir in sea salt and cocoa powder. Mix together yogurt and red food coloring in a third bowl. In the largest bowl, cream butter for about 30 seconds to make it fluffy. Add erythritol in a steady stream and cream together for 2-3 minutes, or until light, fluffy, and close to the color of cream cheese. Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Slowly stream in beaten eggs, beating continuously. Don't worry if the batter curdles. Once eggs are added, add dry and wet ingredients alternately until everything has been added but the baking powder. Mix in baking powder and scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes in the center of the middle oven rack, or until batter is completely set and springs back. Cover top with foil and bake for longer if center is not set. Remove cake from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.

Invert pan onto a cookie sheet and let cake cool completely. Slice into two layers with a serrated knife, if desired. Transfer bottom cake layer to a serving dish lined with strips of wax paper hanging off the edges. Frost cake, laying over a thin crumb coat first. Then pile on the frosting spread outward from the center of the layer. Add top layer to cake and cover completely with frosting. Store and serve at room temperature. Refrigerate after 24 hours. Cake is best tasting after warming up if it has been kept in the refrigerator.

[Submitted by Zgirlkirk - THREAD]
    Last edited by Chucklemethis; February 27th, 2011 at 11:59 AM.

R/P/M
    p3, wk1
    Blog Entries
    Cream Cheese Frosting
    2-8 oz packages cream cheese or Neufatchel 1/3 less fat cheese
    1/2 cup to 3/4 cup erythritol, powdered
    1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pure stevia extract
    1 stick organic unsalted butter

Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Beat until smooth and creamy, then add powdered erythritol and beat for about 2 minutes, or until erythritol is dissolved and the mixture does not feel gritty to the touch. Beat in butter just until smooth and incorporated.

~60g net carbs for the whole, frosted cake
    ~6g net carbs per 1/10th
    ~7.5g net carbs per 1/8th

Cheesecake
    Crust:
    1. Grind 1 1/2 cups almonds in the food processor until the consistency of graham cracker crumbs.
    2. Add 1/4 cup vanilla flavored whey protein powder and 4tbl of melted butter.
    3. Press into bottom of springform pan.
    4. Bake in 350* oven for 12-15 min, unitl golden brown.
    5. Cool while making cheesecake filling

Filling:
    3pk of cream cheese at room temp
    4 eggs at room temp
    1 1/2 cups granulated splenda
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Beat cream cheese until light. Add eggs one at a time. blend in splenda and vanilla until smooth - no lumps. Pour into pre-baked crust.

Bake at 350* for 15 min. Turn oven down to 225*, bake for 1 hr 15min. Turn oven off and open door wide. Allow chessecake to cool in oven for 30 min. This cooking method prevents a lot of cheesecake "cracking", but for some reason cheesecakes made with splenda crack a little bit no matter what I try.

Yes, I know this recipe uses splenda, but it is phase 3. You can try to substitute stevia - I do not know the conversion rate though. I figure you are only going to have a piece or two for a special occasion - I don't feel that little bit of splenda will matter.

Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
    Cake Ingredients:
    1 cup butter, softened
    1 2/3 cups Splenda for Baking (can reduce this for a less sweet cake)
    10 eggs, at room temperature
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    2 cups coconut flour
    1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 1/2 tsp baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 1/3 cup heavy cream
    1 tsp cream of tartar
    1/4 cup peanut oil
    1/4 cup water
    Extra butter for greasing cake pans

Cake directions:
    Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Butter the bottom and sides of two 8 or 9 inch layer pans. Separate the eggs,
    reserving the whites in a clean bowl. Combine butter and Splenda with an electric mixer, mixing for about 2 minutes. Add the egg yolks into butter/Splenda mixture, and mix until completely blended. Add vanilla, peanut oil and water while still mixing, then mix an additional 3 minutes. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients, except the cream of tartar. Return to mixing the wet ingredients, adding the dry a little at a time, until it's combined and completely mixed. Beat on high speed for another 5 minutes. Add cream of tartar to egg whites and whip until soft peaks form in the egg whites. Do not over mix. Fold the egg whites into the batter, and mix completely. Spoon batter into the two buttered pans and smooth tops. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove pans from oven and set aside to cool.
    Cool at least 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely before frosting.

Frosting Ingredients:
    1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup Splenda for Baking
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon almond extract
    2 cups heavy cream
    3/4 cup cocoa powder

Frosting directions:
    Combine cocoa powder, cream cheese, Splenda, vanilla and almond extracts in a large mixing bowl. Using the whisk beaters, and mix on medium speed until smooth. Begin pouring in the cream slowly, while continuing to mix. Scrape the bowl frequently while mixing until stiff peaks form. Frost cake, cut a big slice, and enjoy a guilt-free P3 taste of heaven.

Chocolate Cake recipe *the cake is about 1750 calories and the icing is 1050. So the entire thing is 2800 calories*
    Ingredients:
    2 cups Almond Flour (Blanched)
    1/4 cup Cocoa Powder - unsweetened
    1/2 tsp Sea salt
    1/2 tsp Baking soda
    3/4 cup Xylitol (powdered)
    2 large Eggs
    1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
    1/4 cup Water (approx.)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix dry ingredients together until well blended. Mix wet ingredients together and then add to dry mix. Pour into a greased (I used a spray) round cake pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick, inserted at the center of the cake, comes out clean. Let cool for one hour in the pan - then enjoy! If you make cupcakes bake for 25-30 minutes. If you make the mini cupcakes, then reduce the temp to 325 and bake for 18 minutes.

Frosting…

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
    1/4 cup xylitol, powdered in a processor or bullet
    5-6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I use 6)
    2 tablespoons half and half OR heavy cream
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    Pinch of sea salt
    Good-tasting pure stevia extract, to taste (this will help make it taste more like the real stuff)

Optional addition for a glossy finish:
    1 fresh egg yolk

Preparation:
    Cream the butter in a small bowl until fluffy. Powder xylitol in a coffee grinder or Magic Bullet for a minute or two, until extremely fine in texture (reminiscent of powdered sugar). Let sweetener settle in grinder before opening the top. Stir powdered sweetener into butter with a spatula, then beat until smooth. Slowly blend in the cocoa powder (unless you want to redecorate your kitchen), vanilla, and sea salt. Beat in the half and half (or cream) and egg yolk, if using. Add stevia, starting with 1/16 teaspoon. You'll probably use 1/4 teaspoon or a tad more. Just keep tasting and adjust sweetness to your liking.

Lemon Bars
    Ingredients:

Crust –
    1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
    ½ tsp sea salt
    2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
    1 tbsp. xylitol
    1 tbsp. vanilla extract (sugar-free)

Topping –
    ¼ cup grageseed oil
    ¼ cup xylitol
    3 large eggs
    ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 and grease and 8 inch square baking dish or pan with grapeseed oil then “dust” with almond flour. I find that dusting with almond flour is a little difficult so I just sprinkle some on.

For the crust, combine the dry ingredients together in a medium-large bowl. Mix well then add the wet ingredients. Press the dough into the baking dish. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until lightly golden. I use the edges as the key…once they are golden, then I remove it.

While the crust is baking, place all of the topping ingredients in a blender (I use the magic bullet), blend until smooth..on high. When the crust is ready, remove from the oven and pour the topping evenly over the hot crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool in the baking dish for 30 minutes then refrigerate for 2 hours to set. Cut and enjoy!

Almond Flour Pizza Crust
    Makes one small pizza crust…enough for 2 people when eaten with a salad
    Ingredients…
    1 cup almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill or other)
    1 whole egg
    1 tsp olive or canola oil
    1/4-1/2 tsp dried basil, crumbled to release oils
    1/4-1/2 tsp salt
    Preparation…
    1) Preheat oven to 350.
    2) Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
    3) Dump all ingredients in a small bowl. Stir to combine. If too soft and
    mushy, add 1-2 tablespoons more almond flour…The goal is to make a
    dough that is firm enough to pat into a ball that will hold its shape… so
    keep adding flour until you have a nice dough ball.
    4) Gather up the dough in your hands and pat into a ball.
    5) Put the dough ball on the cookie sheet and gently pat it into a circle
    about 1/4” thick and building up sides to 1/2 inch thick. It won’t be a BIG
    pizza crust. Maybe 7” or 8” in diameter.
    6) Put crust in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until slightly browned on the
    edges. It should not be soft and uncooked anywhere.
    7) Now the crust is ready for your toppings (ex: sun-dried tomatoes,
    marinated mozzarella cheese, balsamic glazed onions, olives, veggies) .
    Distribute toppings over the crust; bake another 15 minutes or until cheese
    is melted. Cool pizza on rack so it doesn’t get soggy. Serve with tossed salad.

Hot Chocolate
    Ingredients

* 1 cup lowfat milk
    * 1 cinnamon stick
    * 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    * 1/8 teaspoon Stevia (adjust to preference)
    * 2 teaspoons water
    * 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    * Dark chocolate, as a garnish

Fresh Berries with Balsamic Drizzle and Almond Cream
    Ingredients
    * 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    * 1/2 teaspoon Stevia (adjust to preference)
    * 1 cup mascarpone cheese
    * 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
    * 1 pound sliced or quartered strawberries
    * 1 cup fresh raspberries
    * 1 cup fresh blackberries
    * 3 tablespoons lightly toasted sliced almonds
    7 Directions
    Place the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to about half the original volume and vinegar has a syrupy consistency, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside to cool to room temperature.

In a small mixing bowl, combine the mascarpone, sugar substitute, and almond extract and whisk until very smooth and sugar has dissolved.

When ready to serve the dessert, divide the strawberries, raspberries and blackberries evenly between 4 or 6 small dessert coupes. Place a generous dollop of the cream mixture over the top of the fruit, then drizzle with a teaspoon or two of the reduced balsamic vinegar. Garnish with almonds and serve immediately.

Last edited by Chucklemethis; February 25th, 2011 at 06:44 PM.

R/P/M
    p3, wk1
    Blog Entries
    Fruit and Cinnamon Semifreddo
    Ingredients
    * 6 egg yolks
    * 1/2 teaspoon Stevia, plus 1/4 teaspoon
    * 1 cup heavy cream
    * 2 teaspoons cinnamon
    * 4 egg whites
    * 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
    * 1 1/2 cups mixed berries (blackberries, raspberries and blueberries)
    * 1 lemon, juiced
    * 1 block of Baker's unsweetened chocolate for garnish
    2 Directions
    Prepare a double boiler or fit a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water. In the bowl, combine the egg yolks and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar substitute, and whisk until frothy. Transfer the bowl immediately to an ice bath, stirring occasionally, until cool.

Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream to medium peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the cooled egg yolk mixture and then stir in the cinnamon.

In a separate mixing bowl, whip the egg whites and amaretto liqueur until soft peaks form and fold that into the egg yolk-cream mixture. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan or small baking dish and freeze the mixture until soft-frozen, about 4 hours.

While the semifreddo freezes, toss berries with the lemon juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of sugar substitute in a small bowl. Lightly mash with a fork to crush some of the berries. To serve, spoon the semifreddo into individual dessert dishes, top with some of the berry mixture and garnish with shaved chocolate.

Low Carb Quick Chocolate Almond Ice Cream
    Ingredients
    * 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
    * 1 cup heavy cream
    * 1/2 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)[you can also use Stevia: the equivalent works out to 6 teaspoons, but that seems far too much, so use sweeten to taste]
    * 1 teaspoon no sugar added vanilla extract
    * 1/8 teaspoon no sugar added almond extract
    * 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
    * 2 tablespoons whole milk ricotta cheese
    4 Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Spread almonds out on a sheet pan and bake for about 5 to 7 minutes until just golden brown. (Watch them carefully as they can burn easily.) Remove and cool.

With an electric mixer on high, whip the heavy cream in a bowl just until frothy and add in the sugar substitute, extracts, cocoa powder, and ricotta cheese. Continue to whip on high until peaks form. Be careful not to over-whip, or cream will break.

Fold in toasted almonds. Using a 3-ounce ice cream scoop, place 1 scoop each in a champagne glass and freeze as "faux" ice cream or serve refrigerated as a parfait. If desired, garnish with low carb whipped cream, toasted almonds, a strawberry fan, cocoa powder, and a sprig of fresh mint.

Low Carb New York Ricotta Cheesecake
    Ingredients
    * 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
    * 1 cup extra-fine whole milk ricotta cheese (to refine, process in a food processor for 1 minute)
    * 1/2 cup sour cream
    * 1 1/2 cups sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)[Stevia equivalent is 1/4 cup or more to taste, but it may affect texture]
    * 1/3 cup heavy cream
    * 1 tablespoon no sugar added vanilla extract
    * 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    * 2 eggs
    * 3 egg yolks
    * Special Equipment: 1 (8-inch) springform cake pan
    7 Directions
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Spray the springform pan with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside. In a shallow roasting pan big enough to fit the cake pan, pour about 1-inch of water and place it on the center rack of the oven to preheat.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat softened cream cheese, ricotta, sour cream and sugar substitute on low speed for about 1 minute until well blended.

In a separate bowl, using a wire whisk, mix heavy cream, vanilla, lemon juice, eggs, and egg yolks until blended.

Turn the mixer on medium speed, and slowly pour the egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Beat just until blended and then turn off; be careful not to over-whip.

Pour batter into the greased springform pan. Place pan into the heated water bath. Bake for 15 minutes, and then lower the oven temperature to 275 degrees F. Continue baking for 1 1/2 hours, or until top is light golden brown and cake is pulling away from the sides of the pan. Turn the oven off when finished cooking and leave the cake in the oven to cool for 3 more hours. (This will keep the cake nice and tall.) Then remove cake and refrigerate before serving. Serve chilled.

Marsala-Poached Figs over Ricotta
    Ingredients
    * 1/2 cup quartered dried figs
    * 1/4 cup Marsala or port [possible substitute: unsweetened red grape juice]
    * 2 teaspoons honey [you could try a honey substitute or additional Stevia]
    * 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
    * 1/4 teaspoon Stevia
    * 1/8 teaspoon no sugar added vanilla extract
    * 1 tablespoon toasted slivered almonds
    9 Preparation
    1. Place figs, Marsala (or port) and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the figs soften and the wine is syrupy. Stir together ricotta, sugar substitute and vanilla. Divide between 2 bowls and top with the fig mixture and almonds.

Strawberry Cups
    Ingredients
    * 1 cup water
    * 1 (4-serving size) package sugar-free lemon gelatin
    * 10 ounces frozen unsweetened strawberries, partly thawed
    * 1 cup heavy cream
    * 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * 1 teaspoon sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
    * 6 fresh strawberries, optional, for garnish
    * 6 mint leaves, optional, for garnish
    11 Directions
    Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Put the gelatin and boiling water in a blender, and process for 10 to 15 seconds to dissolve the gelatin. Add the strawberries and process again, just long enough to blend in the berries. Put the blender container in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, or just until the mixture starts to thicken a bit.

Add 3/4 cup of the heavy cream, and process in the blender just long enough to mix it all in, about 10 to 15 seconds. Pour into 5 or 6 pretty little dessert cups and chill in the refrigerator, at least 1 hour.

With an electric mixer or by hand, whip the remaining 1/4 cup of cream with the vanilla and sugar substitute. Top each cup with a dollop if whipped cream. If desired, cut a strawberry into a fan-shape, and place on top with a mint leaf to garnish.

Low Carb Gratin of Fresh Berries
    Ingredients
    * 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
    * 1/2 pint fresh blackberries
    * 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, cut into quarters
    * 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
    * 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
    * 1 cup sour cream
    * 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute (recommended: Sugar Twin)
    * Fresh mint, for garnish
    13 Directions
    Preheat broiler to high and position rack to highest level.

Wash, pat dry, and place all berries in a saute pan that fits them tightly in 1 layer and can also be used for serving. Sprinkle berries with 1 tablespoon sugar substitute, and then cover them with a thick, even layer of sour cream, letting the berries peek out around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup sugar substitute evenly over the top, and then sprinkle the brown sugar substitute over top.

Place the pan as close under the broiler as you can while keeping the oven door open and the handle of the pan sticking out. The berries only need to be warmed and the sugar substitute glazed. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just caramelized, watching carefully the whole time. Serve warm as you would a cobbler, and garnish with fresh mint

Sugar-Free EASY Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
    Ingredients:
    * 8 oz. unsweetened chocolate squares (see update note)
    * 1 cup smooth peanut butter (no sugar added)
    * 3/4 - 1 cup erythritol
    * 1 cup worth other sugar substitute (or to taste)
    * 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    * Pinch salt
    15 Directions:
    I originally made this recipe with Hershey's baking chocolate because I figured most people could get it. I've now found that when I make it with a higher-quality chocolate such as Ghirardelli, it comes out very hard, and works better to use less chocolate (like 6 or 7 oz.) or more of the other ingredients.

A word on the sweetener. I have tried different combinations of sweeteners, including Splenda packets, Sweetzfree liquid Splenda, and powdered erythritol. I had the best results using the powdered erythritol and Sweetzfree, which is a very concentrated liquid. I have found that with chocolate, using artificial sweeteners with no sugar alcohols produces only an "OK" result. Adding a low glycemic sugar alcohol (not maltitol) improves the flavor and texture when working with unsweetened chocolate.

1) Melt the chocolate. I like to pour boiling water over it, let it sit for 5 to 6 minutes, and then pour the water off. That way I know I won't burn the chocolate.

2) Mix in the rest of the ingredients, adjusting sweetener to taste.

3) Pack or spread into a loaf pan. Cool to room temperature, or you can put it in the refrigerator. Cut into 18 pieces and serve.

Blueberries with Lemon Cream
    Ingredients
    * 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
    * 3/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
    * 1 teaspoon honey [sugar-free honey substitute or a bit of Stevia should work]
    * 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
    * 2 cups fresh blueberries
    17 Directions
    Using a fork, break up cream cheese in a medium bowl. Drain off any liquid from the yogurt; add yogurt to the bowl along with [honey]. Using an electric mixer, beat at high speed until light and creamy. Stir in lemon zest.

Layer the lemon cream and blueberries in dessert dishes or wineglasses. If not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.

Sugar Free Chocolate Pecan Torte
    One of the best things about this flourless chocolate cake is how easy it is: You mix it all in the food processor in about 5 minutes. I get requests every year to bring "that yummy chocolate cake" to Passover Seder: I just leave out the baking powder and it only makes a small difference. I used to make it with sugar, but no one really noticed when I switched. It's especially nice with some homemade whipped cream and a little sugar-free chocolate sauce on top!

Ingredients:
    * 2 cups pecans
    * 1/3 cup cocoa
    * 1 t baking powder
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt
    * 4 eggs
    * 1/2 cup (I stick) butter, melted
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla
    * 1/4 cup erythritol (optional)
    * Artificial sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar I use zero-carb liquid sweeteners .
    * 1/2 cup water
    19 Preparation:
    Heat oven to 350 F. Grease a 8 or 9" round pan or springform pan.

1) Process pecans in food processor - pulse until they are meal - but they won't get quite as small as corn meal.

2) Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse again. (Note on erythritol: You can do this recipe with all artificial sweetener, but I've begun experimenting with partial erythritol, with success. I haven't tested all different combinations yet, though - it may be that more erythritol is even better.)

3) Add the wet ingredients and process until well-blended.

4) Pour into pan and bake. The exact time will vary with the pan. Start checking at about 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

5) Cut when cool. If desired, serve with homemade whipped cream and/or chocolate sauce.

Low Carb Neapolitan Parfaits
    Ingredients
    * 1 cup heavy cream
    * 1/3 cup sugar substitute, plus 2 tablespoons (recommended: Splenda)
    * 1 teaspoon no sugar added vanilla extract
    * 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
    * 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced (sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar substitute if not sweet)
    * Fresh mint, for garnish
    21 Directions
    With an electric mixer on high, whip the heavy cream in a bowl just until frothy and add in the 1/3 cup sugar substitute and vanilla and continue to whip just a little more to blend; do not whip all the way to soft peaks yet. Put half of the partially whipped mixture into another bowl and finish whipping it on high speed until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to overwhip, or the cream will break. Set aside the vanilla cream.

To the first bowl with the other half of the partially whipped cream mixture, add in the cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons more sugar substitute and finish whipping on high until stiff peaks form, again being careful not to over-whip. This is the chocolate cream.

In each of 4 parfait glasses, layer a couple spoonfuls of chocolate cream, followed by some fresh strawberry slices, and top it with a couple spoonfuls of fresh vanilla cream. Chill completely before serving. Garnish with a strawberry fan and sprig of fresh mint.

3-MINUTE FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
    1 tablespoon butter
    2 tablespoons cocoa
    Tiny pinch salt, optional
    1 egg
    1 tablespoon Da Vinci sugar free syrup, vanilla flavor
    2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Stevia
    1 tablespoon cream

In a small microwaveable bowl microwave the butter for about 15-20 seconds on HIGH until completely melted. Whisk in the cocoa and salt until smooth. Whisk in the egg until well blended then whisk in the remaining ingredients until you have a smooth batter. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Cool completely or serve slightly warm. Makes 1 serving. Top with whipped cream if you really want.

Can be frozen!

Last edited by Chucklemethis; February 25th, 2011 at 08:34 PM.

R/P/M
    p3, wk1
    Blog Entries
    Egg and Sausage Breakfast Muffin

Someone mentioned the breakfast "muffins' for P3 with sausage and eggs..

1 pound sausage, no sugar added, browned
    12 large eggs
    2 c shredded Cheddar cheese
    1/2 t salt
    1/4 t pepper

Preheat oven to 375*F.
    Mix all ingredients together. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan and pour egg mixture into each muffin cup evenly. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve.
    Makes 12 servings

I guess you can even freeze them.

[Beth_M's Blog - BLOG URL]

R/P/M
    p3, wk1
    Blog Entries
    CHEDDAR AND ONION QUICHE

1 medium onion, chopped, 4 ounces
    1-2 tablespoons butter
    6 eggs
    1 cup heavy cream
    8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    Dash pepper
    Dash garlic powder

Sauté the onion in butter until tender. Grease a 9-10" pie plate. Arrange the cheese evenly in the plate; top with the onions. Beat the eggs, cream and seasonings. Pour evenly over the onions. Bake at 350º 35-40 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

Makes 6-8 servings
    Can be frozen

Per 1/6 Recipe: 404 Calories; 36g Fat; 17g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
    Per 1/8 Recipe: 303 Calories; 27g Fat; 13g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

Variation: Add 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms and sauté along with the onions.

Per 1/6 Recipe: 412 Calories; 36g Fat; 18g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
    Per 1/8 Recipe: 309 Calories; 27g Fat; 13g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

[Reposting Praying4Change - WEBSITE - THREAD]

R/P/M
    p3, wk1
    Blog Entries
    CHEESY CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE

CHEESY CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
    2 cups diced cooked chicken
    8 ounces frozen broccoli cuts or florets, cooked and drained well
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, 1 cup
    4 pieces bacon, chopped and fried until crisp
    Salt and pepper, to taste

Put the chicken in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole; sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Top with the broccoli; season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, bouillon mixture and garlic powder; pour over the broccoli. Top with cheese the and sprinkle with the bacon. Bake at 350º 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.

Makes 4 servings
    Do not freeze

Per Serving: 432 Calories; 32g Fat; 31g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

Note: This dish was simple to prepare and quite tasty. I added quite a bit more broccoli to the original recipe, which only called for 1 cup for a 4-serving casserole. The recipe also called for chicken broth, but I thought it would be more convenient to use water and bouillon for such a tiny bit. Due to the water, there will be quite a bit of liquid in the bottom of the dish. Next time I may just stir the bouillon powder into the sour cream and mayo mixture and leave out the water completely. I was afraid that a whole teaspoon of garlic powder would be overpowering, but it's not. It does add nearly 2 carbs to the dish, though, so if you're on induction you might cut back a bit. I will make this again and even my husband said it was really good. Click the photo to see a close-up.

R/P/M
    p3, wk1
    Blog Entries
    COCONUT BREADED CHICKEN TENDERS
    1 pound chicken tenders, about 5-6
    1 egg white
    1/2 cup coconut flour, 1 3/4 ounces *
    Seasoning of your choice
    Cooking oil, about 1/4 cup

Heat about 1/4 cup of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, beat the egg white with a fork until frothy. Put the coconut flour in another shallow bowl. Place all of the chicken tenders in the egg white and toss with your fingers to coat them well. One at a time, roll the tenders in the coconut flour. Shaking off any excess flour, place the tenders on a small baking sheet or plate. Sprinkle with your choice of seasoning on both sides. When the oil is hot, gently put all of the chicken tenders in the pan. Flip them over when the first side is nicely browned. Be gentle so that the coating doesn't come off. The chicken should be done on the inside by the time the coating has browned. They cook very quickly in only a couple minutes per side.

Makes about 3 servings
    Do not freeze

* You won't use all of the flour so I only counted about 1/4 cup in the carb counts.

Per Serving: 374 Calories; 21g Fat; 38g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

NOTE: This was more of an experiment than anything else. I have some coconut flour that I've been trying to find a use for and thought it might make a good breading. It does have a nice, subtle coconut flavor, but it doesn't seem to get crispy and it soaks up oil like a sponge. I started out with about 2 tablespoons of oil in my skillet and had to keep adding more as they cooked because the pan had gone almost completely dry. The strange thing is that after the fried tenders sat on the serving plate for a few minutes, much of that oil ran off again. I think that next time I will try mixing it with a little almond flour like I did with my Coconut Chicken recipe. Perhaps that will give the coating a little more crunch. I think that the coconut flour might work very well for breading my Coconut Crusted Chicken Patties and Crab Cakes or Fish Cakes.

Last edited by Chucklemethis; February 26th, 2011 at 10:31 PM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast