Popular Pages

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P3 Stabilization Frustrations

R/P/M
    R3/P3/Homeopathic HCG

P3 Stabilization Frustrations

I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there that has the same problems I do with the maintenance/stabilization phase. I have been having a hard time stabilizing on phase 3. My LIW was 254.4, and day 1 of maintenance, I shot up 6 pounds. Did a steak day, and went down a couple of pounds, but still over my LIW. Steak/high protein days have been the norm for me since I started maintenance on February 18th.

I kept hovering around the 257 pound mark. So my other support group said to make that my new set point and try to maintain that weight. So that's what I've been trying to do, and even though I have eaten nothing but protein, (steak, hard boiled eggs, chicken breast, chicken thigh, no dairy, no cheese/cream) I can't get back down to that 257 mark. I'm now at 262 and after doing a pure steak day (nothing for breakfast, or lunch, but a huge steak 1.21 pounds raw) and an apple, I went down .2 pounds this morning.

Now... I will admit that it's coming to my TOM, but this seems to happen on every cycle I've done (and I've done 3 of them thus far). My last cycle, I never stabilized which was extremely rough.

I should be starting to introduce the starch/sugar into my diet, but if I can't get myself back down to that 257 mark, or better the 254 mark, I don't want to start introducing that.

My body has always violently fluctuated on maintenance, wheras the people in my support group stabilize within 2 weeks of being on maintenance and maybe have to do a steak day once or twice.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my body to stop hoarding the water? I'm drinking on average 96 ounces of water a day with flavored stevia. I have no dairy with the exception of eggs, and I have had no veggies except the one day where I didn't gain and I had some cucumbers. I do walk about 1.5-2.5 miles 3 times a week but event that doesn't seem to help me stabilize.

it's just frustrating.

Have you tried the Leptin Reset schedule? That's what I'm doing, and I'm staying really stable. Of course, this was my first week, but I'm even a little lower than my LIW. I'm definitely not the expert here since this was my first round, but I'm VERY happy with P3 so far. I don't plan to do any grains, carbs, sugars, etc. at all during P3 or P4 this time.

I'm just starting my second week and I've been fluctuating like crazy, though not as bad as you are. Over this last week I've ended up 5lbs over LDW. But it sounds like you might be sensitive to something, you've had some really big jumps that sound more like water retention. I highly doubt you've been actually eating enough to account for a 6lb gain, you know? I'd suggest going back to P2-type foods cooked in oil and then starting moving back in SUPER SLOW. That's my plan for this coming week, scale it back and start again. And I second the leptin rules, they definitely help, but yeah, it sounds like you may have an underlying issue. Hopefully one of the vets will weigh in on this and offer some other options, but I don't think there's anything wrong with staying P3 until you are really comfortable enough to move to P4. Good luck!

R/P/M
    R3/P3/Homeopathic HCG
    Hi Surby - No, I've not tried the Leptin reset. I've never heard of it to be honest. I'll have to do some research on it later tonight.

Butterfly - I know it's water. It's always been water weight, but I just don't know what it is that I'm sensitive to unless it's the fat? Which seems really odd... but it could be I suppose...going from no fat or very little fat in P2, to having fat in P3 could be a reason why my body reacts so violently. I've tried the P2 foods cooking with oil etc., and I still have the problem. And the only seasonings I use are granulated garlic, very little salt, and pepper.

Who knows.. *shrug*

Thanks!

Thanks Ladies

R/P/M
    P4 For Life
    Raevenwolf - I am so sorry this is happenening to you! I am actually doing a fourth week of P3 this round to get everything stable. I have had to do at least one correction day a week, but I cannot imagine the frustratation you are feeling!!! Stay strong - you will get a handle on this!!!

Swtbttrfly makes some really valid points...it does sound like a sensitivity (maybe eggs or the oil?)...but, now how to release all that water...have you tried detox baths or infrared sauna to sweat it out? Your body might be detoxing which makes it hold on to water for dear life. I use milk thistle tea to aid my liver - it helps me with bloat. TOM makes me gain up to 4 lbs every month, too. I actually up my water around then...over a gallon a day - not counting tea. So, I drink like 130+ most days(more at TOM)...maybe more fluids will help your body release?

You can do this! Your body will come in line! You did the right thing by reaching out...maybe one of us can suggest something that will work for you.
    Keep us posted! I am send love and positivity your way!!!
    Swending positivity your way!
    "The surest path to positive self esteem is to succeed at something which one perceived would be difficult."

R1 183.2 - 161 (-22.2lbs)
    R2/P2/168.6 - 145.6 (-22lbs/15lbs of new weight)
    R2/P2/LIW (2/13):147.4 (+1.8) TOM; (2/14): 148.2 (+.8); (2/15): 146.0 (-2.2)
    R2/P3/4 weeks -Stabilized +/- 2 lbs from 146.0
    R2/P4: 146, 145.6,144.2, 147, 144.4, 147, 145.8, 143.6,144., 144.4, 143.8, 146.8, 145, 144.8, 145.8, 143.8...been off for two weeks still below LIW at 144.4...very happy!

[QUOTE=Raevenwolf;659953]Hi Surby - No, I've not tried the Leptin reset. I've never heard of it to be honest. I'll have to do some research on it later tonight.

There's a whole section on the Forum called Leptin Diet Plan (or something like that). Scroll down to the bottom of the main page and you'll see it. It's basically the same foods as Simeon Protocol, but the general rules are:
    *50-75 grams of protein for breakfast (that's A LOT)
    *Wait 4-5 hours between meals
    *NO SNACKING... zero... none (not even cream in coffee)
    *No eating after 7
    *Allow 4-5 hours after dinner before going to sleep
    The research behind this is fascinating, but basically, if you're overweight, you're no Leptin Sensitive, and you need to be. I have been eating that giant breakfast and then I'm not hungry again til 3:00, and sometimes that's all I eat all day. It is really working!

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Cut out eggs, honey. You'd be surprised how much they can contribute to that weight gain. And go 5-6 hours between food intake to start getting your insulin levels in order. Good luck!
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

I was going to point out the eggs too, that sounds like it could be the culprit! I'm the same way, but I am going to try egg whites tomorrow and if all goes well I'll try the yolks too.

R/P/M
    R3/P3/Homeopathic HCG
    I'm officially 10 pounds over my LIW, 7 pounds over my revised set point. I'm still trying to make this work, but it's just very difficult, even when you expect it, to get on the scale and see the numbers keep rising. Drives my husband nuts when I get on the scale and cry.

Over the weekend I tried to eat more of a variety of foods instead of just protein. I had scrambled eggs and a steak for breakfast on Saturday, followed by chicken breasts and a salad for lunch and then had prime rib and king crab legs with steamed mixed veggies for dinner. Sunday morning, up a pound. Had just the steak for breakfast and an apple on Sunday, followed by another chicken breast/salad combo for lunch and an apple, and had chicken thighs and another steak and salad for dinner. Up two pounds this morning.

I'm cutting the eggs out and seeing what that does to me. Aunt "Flo" came to visit on Friday so I'm sure that has something to do with the excessive gain, but what I don't understand is why haven't I been able to get rid of the water - if it even is water? I don't urinate any more frequently than before and I drink plenty of water flavored with lemon or valencia orange stevia. I don't have teas because they cause me to gain, coffee too.

I've come so far in my three cycles. At the end of C3, P2, I had lost over 80 pounds since I started. I now have 64 more to go to reach my first main goal of 200. Even though the charts and whatnot say I should be in the 170s, I have a very large bone structure and I think I woudl be skin and bones at that weight.

I don't want to quit doing this. I know I'm not a failure...but if maintenance continues to be this difficult, I don't know if I want to even try another cycle. The emotional toll it takes on me and my family is more than I can take at times. *sighs*

I've done some research on the leptin reset thing, and scientifically it makes sense (my microbiologist husband agrees but said more research needs to be done). I think once Aunt "Flo" has left for the month, I'm going to try the Leptin reset thing for six to eight weeks. I'm usually not hungry around lunch and I don't snack, so it should be fairly easy. I just hope it works.

Thanks again for the words of encouragement. It helps!

R/P/M
    R3/P3/Homeopathic HCG
    So, I’m not entirely sure what I’m doing wrong here in the eating department. Monday I did a steak day, and I dropped 3 pounds of water. Down to 261.4. I was trying to make the 260 mark my set point. Yesterday, I ate “normally” if you can call it that. Breakfast I had salami and a little cheddar cheese, an apple and a little natural almond butter. For lunch I had a large salad with chicken, cucumbers, broccoli, a little cheese and some ranch dressing and an apple with a little more almond butter. For dinner, I had two chicken leg quarters, which I fried in coconut oil. I had a bag of steamed vegetables with a little butter and parmesan cheese and granulated garlic. I also had two cups of this Good Earth brand slimming tea and some strawberries and cream last night per P2 protocol recipe (1 T. milk with stevia and mashed strawberries).

This morning I’m up 3 pounds again even after getting up during the night 3 times to go to the bathroom. Usually it’s once a night..

What am I doing wrong? I don’t see anything wrong with what I ate as being questionable. Now I have to do another steak day if I want to try and lock in this stinking set point.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast