Popular Pages

Page 54 of 95 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: P3 starting 3/3

R/P/M
    R2/P2/HHCG
    Here is what Grammy said in one of her posts that I found regarding losing weight in Phase 4.

You always look at your LIW. You've stayed within 2 pounds of that during P3 so you want to stay within 2 pounds of that when you go to P4 too.

Colleen

I did read some place though that losing a few pounds is ok but our main goal is still to MAINTAIN during Phase 4. For me, I think I will just play it safe and maintain as best as possible and just wait for my next Phase 2 to lose the rest. It's hard to be patient for that weight loss but the way I look at it is...... I've been overweight for however long, long enough lol, so a few more weeks wont kill me if it means stabilizing better.

zippity: WOOHHOOOOO!!! You did it you awesome gal you!!! You make us proud and confident. Now move forward into Phase 4 with the same strength and confidence and.... well.... be our GUINEA PIG haahaa. xoxo. You ROCK, WTG!!!!!!

R/P/M
    R1/P2/HHCG Drops. Starting P3 3/8/12. 23lbs lost! Woohoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by zippity-doo-dah View Post
    Today is day 21 of P3 for me! Yea! I am really proud of myself for seeing this thing through! I lost 20 pounds and stayed within the +/-2# limit for all of P3 - no correction days. I wouldn't call it stable, though - I've been all over the place within that window! I have no words of wisdom or advice because I don't know why it worked for me, I have not been 100% on protocol, but close.

Just thought you might get a kick out of seeing my ups and downs - they really are random! I do know a few things that were made clear, though. Eating too late at night, not getting enough water, and not eating enough calories made me gain every single time.

day 1 of P3 I was up .4 from LDW, then went down .6, up .2, up .4, up 1, up .4, down .2, up .6, down .4, down .4, up .6, down 1, down .6, up .8, up 1, down .2 , down .8, up 1, down .6.........

Crazy, huh? But all within LDW +/- 2. Actually all between LDW and LDW+2, never really went below it after that first day.

Hang in there, folks! It CAN be done!
    Woo hoo! Yay, zip!

R/P/M
    R1 did not stabilize, R2 Bust, R3 / RX HCG
    Blog Entries
    Hi all... would love to join you march p3ers. I am currently on phase 3 day 12 and having a pretty rough go. I did great losing the extra 10 +lbs that have been haunting my small frame for over 3 years. I tried everything to rid myself of them. Hardcore 5 days a week cardio, weight training, zumba, core pilates, core yoga.. but just kept getting ravenous and not a inch was lost. Tried a ton of lifestyle "diets"; vegetarian, vegan, high fat raw vegan, low fat raw vegan, green smoothies, fruit fast, juice fast, weight watchers, starvation (don't recommend), zone diet. At 46, I was just about to give up and start buying one size up, but we all know where that leads. So HCG was a wonderful revelation! During P2, I wasn't hungry, stuck closely to protocol, except I was trying to go mostly vegetartian (so I really was roque) and hit my goal weight of 105. Now I fear that my roque eating has lead me to a very unstable P3. I have already had to to 4 steak days and I am only on day 12. Granted that I have only been up the most 2#, but according to DR. S getting stable is key to resetting your hypothalamus. So here I struggle, day to day to get stablized. Oh and BTW I am eating pretty much paleo low carb. No sugar, no starch, no eggs, no cheese (only diary is hwc in coffee), no nuts or nut butters. I have included daily when not on SD - CO, MCT and CC, oh and I use stevia daily - sweet lead liquid or Kal liquid.

So happy for those of you who have been able to maintain and get stable! And I empathize with those that are having a hard time.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ggw03c

R/P/M
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanneP View Post
    Hi all... would love to join you march p3ers. I am currently on phase 3 day 12 and having a pretty rough go. I did great losing the extra 10 +lbs that have been haunting my small frame for over 3 years. I tried everything to rid myself of them. Hardcore 5 days a week cardio, weight training, zumba, core pilates, core yoga.. but just kept getting ravenous and not a inch was lost. Tried a ton of lifestyle "diets"; vegetarian, vegan, high fat raw vegan, low fat raw vegan, green smoothies, fruit fast, juice fast, weight watchers, starvation (don't recommend), zone diet. At 46, I was just about to give up and start buying one size up, but we all know where that leads. So HCG was a wonderful revelation! During P2, I wasn't hungry, stuck closely to protocol, except I was trying to go mostly vegetartian (so I really was roque) and hit my goal weight of 105. Now I fear that my roque eating has lead me to a very unstable P3. I have already had to to 4 steak days and I am only on day 12. Granted that I have only been up the most 2#, but according to DR. S getting stable is key to resetting your hypothalamus. So here I struggle, day to day to get stablized. Oh and BTW I am eating pretty much paleo low carb. No sugar, no starch, no eggs, no cheese (only diary is hwc in coffee), no nuts or nut butters. I have included daily when not on SD - CO, MCT and CC, oh and I use stevia daily - sweet lead liquid or Kal liquid.

So happy for those of you who have been able to maintain and get stable! And I empathize with those that are having a hard time.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ggw03c
    Hi Zanne I see your location is Carlsbad. The one in CA? If so, I'm not far off! I'm in Fallbrook
    I'm also a small person struggling to stabilize in P3! I made it down to 108, but am now up to 113- and I'm 5'2". Correction days have had little to no effect on me. I wonder if being small and at goal is somehow making things harder? I didn't eat rogue in P2, but I did do an extended round- 52 days, so I guess I'm a little rouge, too. Maybe our little tweaks of the protocol are coming back to bite us in the rear?
    I also suspect that a food sensitivity may have snuck past me. At first I was stabilizing just fine, so if I added something new with no gain for a day or two, I'd add something else. I don't think I gave my body enough time to respond to the sensitivity. Now I'm in the process of eliminating things and giving myself at least 4 days before I decide if it's safe or not.

So, welcome and good luck!

R/P/M
    Agh! I'm working myself into a lather here, and you're all asleep!
    I've been reading more about leptin reset and intermittent fasting and have gotten so confused and conflicted :-/
    So, I think you're all familiar with my struggle to stabilize. I think I added things too fast and am now trying to figure out the problem. I'm currently at 4.1 over original LDW, 3.2 over adjusted LDW. So my plan was to eliminate one potential problem food at a time for at least 4 days to see if that makes a difference. I guess where I'm getting "stuck" is- have I already blown my weight all to heck? Can I really expect to get back to my goal weight, or just stop the gaining at this point. Same thing if I try LR or IF? Am I just going to confuse my body even more??? I'm totally over- thinking things here, folks.
    I'll probably be fine by morning but if anybody has any advice, I'd like to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by slightly View Post
    I've been reading more about leptin reset and intermittent fasting and have gotten so confused and conflicted :-/
    So, I think you're all familiar with my struggle to stabilize. I think I added things too fast and am now trying to figure out the problem. I'm currently at 4.1 over original LDW, 3.2 over adjusted LDW. So my plan was to eliminate one potential problem food at a time for at least 4 days to see if that makes a difference. I guess where I'm getting "stuck" is- have I already blown my weight all to heck? Can I really expect to get back to my goal weight, or just stop the gaining at this point. Same thing if I try LR or IF? Am I just going to confuse my body even more??? I'm totally over- thinking things here, folks.
    I'll probably be fine by morning but if anybody has any advice, I'd like to hear it
    I'm really sorry you're having such a rough time, I feel you for sure. On my better P3 days I had been following LR-type rules and I have to say, those were my most stable days. I'd aim to eat within the 30 minutes, make sure I had 4-5 hours between meals (depending on how much I had gotten down for breakfast), no snacking (nothing with calories between meals, not even creamer in coffee!!). The biggest thing for me was not eating too late. I had to cut myself off which was tougher, my family likes to eat late (around 8 or so) so I had to make sure I still gave myself enough time after that to let it all digest. Ideally, I'd eat around 6 or 7 and that was good for me. I also learned early that I had to be really vigilant about salt intake. But I was the same way about adding foods, I went a little bit nuts and added too fast. To be honest, I don't actually think I have any other food sensitivities besides gluten, but I think I really shocked my system from adding so much food so quickly. Good luck hun, try the leptin rules, you may really like it. I was also reading an article that Grammy had posted but it was very similar to LR. Let me know how it goes, I'm hoping to learn the tricks through all of you, even while I'm back on P2.

R/P/M
    R2/P2/D2
    Oh Slightly, sorry for your frustration. I think if it were me I would just go P2 foods and eat clean for a while before I made any decisions. As you said you may confuse your body even more. Of course the rules of Leptin won't hurt as far as spacing the meals and not eating late. As a person who just started P3 I'm so nervouse the same thing will happen to me. Try not to drive yourself crazy - from what I can tell it's ony been a couple days since you decided to remove foods right? do that for a while and hang in there.

Dawn

R/P/M
    R2/P2/D2
    So yesterday was my frist real P3 day. Added eggs and s/f bacon for lunch - didn't have time for BAB so had grilled chicken for breakfast.

went out to dinner with hubby (had only eaten 700cals at that point) and ordered shrimp cocktail (didnt eat the sauce) and a large salad with grilled chicken. The salad had chick peas and roasted beats - I had already asked them to remove the blue cheese so I didn't have them remove those. Was up 1.5 but was 2 pounds below LIW so still under.

I'm thinking too many new foods so today I'm eating P2 foods in larger quantities and see how I do.

Slightly - I can already see where your coming from!

Dawn

R/P/M
    R1,P3- lost 27.4lbs.-drops
    Dawn- just try to be good today and you should be ok. I really think restaurant food gets our weight up. Some of us experience gains like this even when we make good choices while we are out.

Slightly- I agree, go back to P2 foods and try the leptin schedule. it can be really hard to get all that protein in, but I am not having hunger. Actually, yesterday I ate nearly 2300 cals and was spot on again. And i havent had a party since weds.! I dont know where all this food is going! I try to be done eating for sure by 7.

R/P/M
    R2/P2/HHCG
    Quote Originally Posted by slightly View Post
    slightly: I'm so sorry for your troubles. I know I would be analyzing things to death too and making myself crazy about it. You've worked so hard and you don't want to see that all spoiled, it's completely understandable.

One simple thought I have which kind of goes hand in hand with you adjusting your LDW is..... perhaps you have set your goal weight too low and it is simply your body wanting to maintain at a higher number??? Like around 115 or so?? It may not be anything you have done wrong!!! We are so quick to blame ourselves and we forget that our bodies have a mind of their own LOL. I know you are a "small frame" as you have said. When I look up the weight charts, it shows your height and frame being totally fine with a weight between 102-130. So I'm wondering if maybe you will stabilize a little higher and be just fine!!???? I know we hate to accept the higher numbers hahaha, but if you look great and feel great then..... a number is just a number.

I certainly hope your body lets you know, and know soon, what it is doing so that you will finally get some peace of mind. I can imagine how consuming and frustrating it must be just not knowing what the heck is going on. I think if I were you, I would stick to just some clean eating (veggies and protein but at least 1200 cals) for a few days straight and see where your body wants to be.

I don't know if your "rogue Phase 2" is coming back to bite you in the rear but I sincerely hope that is not the case!!!!! You didn't go for that much longer than the protocol says. I see some people who have done 45 days and be fine and you only did 52 days..... I would hope that's not the problem.

Better luck to you...... something has to work. Keep smiling and think positive. I'm rooting for you!!!