Popular Pages

Thread: P3 Weight Gain??

P3 Weight Gain??

I have been on P3 for 6 days. I did p2 faithfully, no cheating, full 21 days with loading and 2 days of VLCD after I stopped taking the drops.

I have gained weight every day in Phase 3. I have added eggs, sour cream, cream cheese, hard cheese, yogurt, mayo and avocado. Every thing is sugar free and basically the raw ingredients. For instance, the yogurt is whole milk and bacteria, the mayo is eggs, olive oil, lemon, etc. No preservatives, not fillers, nada. I have drank at least 2.5 quarts of water everyday and have tried to watch my salt somewhat.

I did a steak day on Sunday and dropped about a pound, but now I am 3 lbs over my set weight. I am doing a protein day, eggs, meet, cheese, etc. with a couple of apples.

I need a little advice. I wonder if I am getting enough calories. When I check a calculator I get between 2800 and 3900 depending on method and site. Mayo clinic says 2900. My weight was set at 311.4 and I am 6'1", 44 years old and moderately active (walking 2 miles 5-7 days a week). I eat around 3000 calories everyday. Could I be eating too little?

Other thought is maybe my body likes 314 more than 311. I don't want to do a steak day every other day, but if my weight continues to go up every day I feel like I need to do something.

Thanks!

R/P/M
    R3
    Did you add things in slowly to make sure you don't have a senstivity? That is the only thing I noticed, was a lot of new foods for only being in P3 6 days.
    Danyel

I suppose I did add foods in quickly, but I have been experimenting since. For instance, I ate no eggs or cheese yesterday and gained. Today I am trying to minimize my intake of veggies. I have been snacking on veggies and homemade sour cream ranch dip, but am cutting that out today. Honestly, it is tough eating 3000 calories without eating a variety of foods. You can only eat so much meat without getting sick of it.

R/P/M
    R2, P2, SubQ
    Blog Entries
    Just guessing here - no experience yet. But I would think that adding fats and larger quantities back into the diet very slowly would be the way to go. It sounds like your system is overloaded with calories. If the science of P & I is what we look at, you are releasing about 1500-2000 cal a day on hcg plus eating 500 cal. Lets say you are on the low end and release 1500 + 500 =2000. To then quickly add 1000 additional calories a day may send your body into "store" mode? again just taking a stab but I would cut back to 2000 calories a day and see what happens. Then add slowing in. Haven't reached it yet but I thought the goal of P3 was to stabilize first and foremost. I'm sure you will get better advice from the pro's!

R3
    6/27/11 R3P2D1 vlcd 180.2 (after 6 day load: yikes!)
    D2 177.2 -3
    D3 176 -1.2
    D4 174.8 -1.2
    D5 175 +.2

R2
    4/23/11 R2P2D1 vlcd 184.4
    (short hcg round- 1 week then no hcg and high fat/mod protein)
    5/30 start of wk 4 maintenance 172.5
    end of maintenance 172 -12.4

R1
    1/5/11 D1 221.8 -38lbs (66 days)

Well that makes things even more confusing. I eased in eating about 1200 the first day, 1800 the next, 2500 the third day. I gained. I figured I was not eating enough which seems to be the case so often with people on phase 3. I moved up to the 3000 or so I should be eating according to the calculators (which is on the low end of the range!) Now I might be eating too many calories?

I know many people have all kinds of ideas about phase 3, but the original protocol says eat what I want except sugar and starch. I read I should slowly phase different foods in. Some people would have me do it so slowly it would take months before I was eating normally (you know, add mild cheddar cheese, wait three or four days, then add sharp cheddar, wait four days). Others say eat two apples and grapefruit, others eat tons of protein, still other say stay way from dairy. Do a steak day, do an apple and cheese day, do a steak and cheese day, do a protien day. Aaaaah!

I am totally confused and I am at a point where I feel like I will just let my body find its preferred weight and call it good. I hate to do that, but the more I read, the more confused I get.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    One problem is that you were only on hcg for 21 days it appears? The MINIMUM time is 23 days and there is more stability with 30 days. I'd go back on hcg and finish out a long round. With so much to lose, you would be better off doing long rounds.

I was on the HCG the proper amount of time, regardless of how I stated it above. I am unwilling to do it again or extend the time. It wasn't fun. Though I gotta say that it wasn't as bad as all the worrying and stress P3 is generating.

By the way, back to my original question before all the whining, am I eating enough? Like I said, I get a range of 2800 to 3900, but am only eating about 3000. Should I eat more? Less?
    Last edited by mcgumby; February 1st, 2011 at 12:33 PM.