Popular Pages

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Make it a Paleo P3!

R/P/M
    Round 4 P3 RX Injections (VLCD1- 1/7/12)
    I follow tons of health info on facebook..just watched this:

http://www.hungryforchange.tv/p/free...nline-premiere

Blog Entries
    Hey Paleo/Primal ladies! I am home from the grocery store with my P3 Week 1 shopping list. I got lots of veggies and salad mixes, grass fed beef, organic free-range chicken, shrimp, organic cage free DHA eggs, SF Bacon, Grass fed butter, unsalted almonds, raisins (to be used sparingly and cautiously), and full fat coconut milk. Hah everyone must be on paleo in my neighborhood because all the coconut milk was taken, so I only was able to get one can Oh well... So I put together my menu for tomorrow and used the 'myfitnesspal' app on my phone to get an idea of where I am for fats, proteins, and carbs to make sure I am within the reasonable range. My two new foods are bacon and coconut milk.

Breakfast - 279 cals
    1/3 cup of coconut milk
    1 scoop strawberry banana whey powder
    1 cup strawberries

Lunch - 238 cals
    Herb Tilapia
    Roasted Broccoli, Bacon, and Radishes
    (cooked with coconut oil)

Dinner - 206 cals
    Lemon pepper shrimp
    Roasted Broccoli, Bacon, and Radishes
    (cooked with coconut oil)

Snack - 86 cal
    Sunwell Green Bean Veggie Chips

It says this is a total of 809 cals: 38 g fat, 40 g carbs, 76 g of protein, and 20 g of sugars

I want to ease myself into eating more, so I am following the recommendation to start off with around 800 cals, then add in more and more slowly. At this caloric intake I think my fat consumption is right under 50% which I think is good, right? I know I will need to add more fat as I up my eating. Also, what about that sugar intake? It is all natural obviously, but is it too high? What is a general amount to stay under?

I'm off to do a detox bath! Wish me luck!

Oh an the Pinterest boards I love! New Julie, I think you can just click the picture on the board and it should take you to the original website so you can see the recipe.
    R2 - Hucog Subq injections @ 125 Dose, 23 day round
    I am a ROGUE Endurance Athlete who eats more calories typically in the form of protein

GOAL 10 pound loss
    Week 1 (4/28 - 5/4):
    Week 2 (5/5 - 5/11):
    Week 3 (5/12 - 5/18):

R/P/M
    Sounds yummy MissJasmin!

this girl has tons of recipes too

http://paleomg.com/

and this...omg, so much out there!

http://www.health-bent.com/
    Last edited by Laceyinsd; March 1st, 2012 at 10:23 PM.

R/P/M
    R1/P2/HHCG Drops. Starting P3 3/8/12. 23lbs lost! Woohoo!
    Hi all. I'm having a hard time deciding when to move on to P3. I've already gone past a normal long round- I'm on day 45- hhcg. I've lost 19.6lbs. I've been stopped at the same weight for the last 3 days.
    So, on the one hand, I keep going for a few more days and try to at least ditch that .4 more? I'm only 5 lbs (5.4, to be exact ) from my goal. Or, do I count my losses (haha) and take this as my body saying "no more!!!" and move on?
    Not sure why this is such a big deal for me? Maybe I'm just a little freaked to leave the "safety" of P2? Maybe I'm a bit hooked on that rush you get looking at the scale and seeing a loss- not ready to give that up? Maybe its that I'm so close to goal and the thought of a whole round for 5 lbs is daunting. Probably all of the above I think I'm driving my husband crazy trying to figure this out
    What do you guys think, even if it's just to pat me on the head and tell me I'm over-thinking this?

R/P/M
    Quote Originally Posted by slightly View Post
    Hi all. I'm having a hard time deciding when to move on to P3. I've already gone past a normal long round- I'm on day 45- hhcg. I've lost 19.6lbs. I've been stopped at the same weight for the last 3 days.
    So, on the one hand, I keep going for a few more days and try to at least ditch that .4 more? I'm only 5 lbs (5.4, to be exact ) from my goal. Or, do I count my losses (haha) and take this as my body saying "no more!!!" and move on?
    Not sure why this is such a big deal for me? Maybe I'm just a little freaked to leave the "safety" of P2? Maybe I'm a bit hooked on that rush you get looking at the scale and seeing a loss- not ready to give that up? Maybe its that I'm so close to goal and the thought of a whole round for 5 lbs is daunting. Probably all of the above I think I'm driving my husband crazy trying to figure this out
    What do you guys think, even if it's just to pat me on the head and tell me I'm over-thinking this?
    Well I'm just finishing up an extended p2,... 53 days...I stalled out a lot, but I did end up reaching my goal. Also, You may not see the changes on the scale but you see them in the mirror and they way your clothes fit , Right? If you are feeling hungry or just done go ahead and stop...but if you really want to reach your goal, and you still feel good I would go for it...I glad I kept going.

hey ,we are both in North county! I'm in Encinitas.

R/P/M
    R1/P2/HHCG Drops. Starting P3 3/8/12. 23lbs lost! Woohoo!
    Ok, I like that. I'm going to keep going. Thanks- that was super helpful hearing that you went all the way to 53 days and that it was worth it. I think that's what I needed to hear.

I'm in Fallbrook Just drove through Encinitas a couple days ago. Small world!

R/P/M
    R2/P1 5/17 134.5
    Lacey, you are making a convert of me! I had misinformation. Clearly, I have to avoid making decisions based on others' opinions (including yours <g>) and need to rely on what works for me!

I have already rejected Kruse's Leptin reset as I don't believe I have a Leptin problem. I've always done best on low carbs and high protein, and you are convincing me that I need to learn even more about Paleo. I thought I knew but clearly I didn't.

So, thanks for even more information. Will it be okay if I stay here and learn more and sometimes share? (I'm in my last week of P3 and pretty stabilized. 128.5 is one lb under my LIW).

Am I forgiven?
    Heaviest Weight (2011) 163.5
    Goal 118-124
    R1 127
    Pre-Load=134.5
    VLCD D1=136_____________

R/P/M
    Parafluie...no worries girl! We are all learning, that's why I started the thread ...to share knowledge , and support each other in keeping this weight off.

I value Grammy's opinion as well. I think you have misunderstood her because she is Paleo/primal right now...here is what she wrote in a thread on Feb 28th:

"Totally agree with Harmony Grace and Skye. Calories in/Calories out is a lie that we've been fed for years. FAT IS HEALTHY. Read Gary Taubes book. It was an eyeopener. Wheat Belly is another good one. And read all the blog posts at jackkruse.com. And Mark's Daily Apple. Primal eating is healthy. Carbs are not. Give me my fried food. And butter and coconut oil."

Most people can't go back to eating the way they did before weightloss...like any diet, the trick is maintaining.

I'm glad you are stable...that is a great feeling.

Today is my last day in p2!

Hi Lacy!

Congratulations on ending Ph 2! Sounds like you are doing great!

I am still waiting on my Paleo book, but did read Mastering Leptin. Some of it makes sense, but I am not sure if I am totally leptin resistant.

I need to read my other 5 books first.

I survived Africa and a business trip about 3 above my LIW. I am ok with it, but need to get myself clearly on one path or another. I am in Ph 4 and will probably stay here the entire month of March.

Hope all is well!

Tracey

VLCD 1 153 (loading weight)
    VLCD 7 146.8
    VLCD 14 143.2
    VCLD 21 143.6
    VCLD 28 140.2
    VCLD 40 LIW 138
    PH 3 D2 137.4

Blog Entries
    LACEY - thank you so much for more recipe blogs. I was a bad girl and printed like 40 at work before I did my shopping.

Yay I am glad we got a possible convert! Parafluie there are so many resources online, but Marks Daily Apple offers a 7 day newsletter which is basically a crash course in Primal eating and living. That is where I started because it can be overwhelming! I really recommend the first readings to be the definitive guide to primal eating, definitive guide to fats, and the definitive guide to grains, but there is a ton of really interesting useful info. I just saw this post mark did on eating dark chocolate and how to get more of it in your diet

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-y...#axzz1nyUixSmI

totally going to make some dark chocolate with macadamian nuts soon...

So I wanted to give myself a little buffer before I officially jumped into P3 (this morning), so I did a long detox bath last night with ground ginger and a smooth move ....and, well, for the sake of modesty, things were MOVING.. lol. My scale was showing a range from 111.2 - 111.8, so I am going to use the average of that and say I am 111.5 which is 1lb under my LIW! yes! I am trying to not get too attached to that number, because I know it is just buffer weight, but man it is so nice to lose!

This morning I had my protein shake and I am thankful I didn't just throw myself into eating a big meal. Just the shake kind of made me have that uncomfortably full feeling. I really liked the coconut milk and it doesn't seem to upset my stomach. We will see how the bacon makes me feel at lunch
    R2 - Hucog Subq injections @ 125 Dose, 23 day round
    I am a ROGUE Endurance Athlete who eats more calories typically in the form of protein

GOAL 10 pound loss
    Week 1 (4/28 - 5/4):
    Week 2 (5/5 - 5/11):
    Week 3 (5/12 - 5/18):

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast