Popular Pages

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Phase3 on/around 2/12/12? Need input and support!

R/P/M
    R2/P4/Injection
    Quote Originally Posted by parafluie View Post
    There are two very important things about P3: Lots of protein and lots of fat. That is a basic premise of the protocol and P3. Coconut oil is especially good, and have real butter (not the other stuff) bacon, fatty chicken and beef etc. This is time to reject all the things you used to think you knew. The problem is the combination of fat with either starch or sugar--that causes weight gain. Paleo diet is no good because it preaches low/no fat.

So, remember, every day, HIGH protein and high fat. It's different from what you learned when you were younger. But trust it.

Also, remember that when you have a specific question, it's good to go up to the search line and do a search on your question. If you want to find a particular poster (e.g., mgsondance or grammy1952 or iluvkats) click on the advanced search to find the poster's name.

To get a ticker, most tickers have a URL posted above them. Go to that site, or google the ticker maker's name.

Have a great rest of the week!
    parafluie - thanks for the info. I always find your posts (and other here) to be very useful.

So today is day two of eating any food I want minus starches and sugars. (post 72 hours as of Wednesday) Initially I did ok and maintained my weight. This morning I "gained" 1.8 lbs though I'm not certain its a true gain. Here's why and this is testament to getting enough rest by the way: I'm on call and was woke up at 12:25 am and again at 3:15 am to help medical staff with the electronic health record of a patient (I'm in Health IT). After the 3:15 call I wasn't able to get back to sleep until nearly 5am. Then my dear hubby woke at 5:30, which of course woke me. I tossed and turned some more until 6 am and finally said to hell with it and got up, completely exhausted. So after my morning bathroom call I weighed myself and had "gained". This happened when I was on P2 as well when I was on call. I only mention this here because as distraught as I was this morning I "think/hope" I will see a loss (which is really no gain or loss overall). I'll let you know tomorrow.

Another thing I've been struggling with and Moya brought this up is that I can't eat over 1200 calories! I feel stuffed when I eat, but then 3 hours later I'm hungry again. Can one of you check me to see if I'm doing things ok? I guess constant grazing is supposed to keep the blood sugar more stable. My skinny sister eats when she is hungry and stops when she is full. Sounds easy in principle but as we all know here its obviously not or we wouldn't be here, right?

Here's what I've been eating, if someone could check me that would be awesome:
    Breakfast - 6:30 am
    3 eggs scrambled with coconut oil and 1/2 cup of mushrooms with sea salt (feel stuffed!)
    20 oz of black coffee (still to scared to try whipping cream)
    water - 16 oz

Lunch - 11:30 am (finally hungry again)
    home made chili (6 oz of ground sirloin with 2/3 can of Red Gold Mexican Fiesta + chipotle powder and cayenne pepper) - full again!
    water - 16 oz

The rest of my lunch - 2:30-3pm
    steamed spinach 2 cups
    apple, medium

Dinner - 6pm (hungry again)
    7 oz beef, or 12 oz of white fish, or 10 oz of chicken breast
    veggies - approx 2 cups
    water - 12 oz

Anyone taking fish oils yet? Using lotions?? I'm still worried and haven't yet... but I should be ok now right?

I'm roughly taking in 1160-1200 daily so far. Until I know if last night was a fluke or not, I'm afraid to make too radical of a change. If you guys think I need to change something though I'd love your thoughts!
    Last edited by aprilj; March 1st, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNUluxM/]

R/P/M
    R2P2 Injections (4/12/12)
    Blog Entries
    @ReeCee: Hang in there. You will get all the kinks worked out. Just start new tomorrow stick to lot's of protein. I wouldn't go back on hcg for a few weeks.
    @Kellemon: Yes I have been on phase 3 since Monday and I too was very concerned about calories. I seen aprilj even was concerned. But everything says don't worry about the calories as long as you get lot's of protein no carbs and sugars. I know that's easier said then done.
    @aprilj: Today was day 4 on phase 3 for me and I still have not mastered calories. I started out really stressing on them and then thanks to help here I still keep track of them but dont worry so much about them any more. I average between 1000 calories and tops 1400. All the sites I seen said I should be eating like 2000 to maintain at this weight.I figure as long as I am eating when I am hungry and staying within my 2 pounds I won't worry about it. You really could drive your self nuts analyzing this part of the diet. phase 2 and rules and structure here there is only one rule and no structure. Its a learning experience one step,one day at a time learning as we go.

My meals for today where:
    Breakfast: 2.5 egg salad sandwich (no bread)
    Snack: 1 hot dog
    Lunch: 12 Italian style meatballs
    Snack: 2 deviled eggs
    Dinner: 6 oz grilled chicken, and 1.5 cups broccoli with a little cauliflower too
    and of course a gallon of water, 1 cup of coffee this morning with sugar free creamer, and 1 cup tea this evening so far.

Please feel free to make any suggestions if you think I should try something different at any point. As for me I think I am going to try to add some cheese tomorrow and see what happens. I think if I do well with cheese it will make a good snack while driving this next week. I don't feel as nervous yet tonight about weighing in tomorrow. I am sure it will kick in though it always does.

I have a question. I am due for TOM really soon. Has anyone experienced that yet with phase 3. I am not sure if I am going to experience a gain at the beg. of it or not as I have never paid a lot of attention to it. So out of curiosity if the day I start TOM I all of a sudden have a large gain setting me over my 2 pounds do I still do a correction day?

Round 1 = 30 pound loss
    R2P2VLCD Day 1-5 185.6 to 180.2 (-5.4 pounds)
    R2P2VLCD Day 5-10 180.2 to 179.2 ( -1.0pound)
    R2P2VLCD Day 10-15 179.2 to 175.6 (-3.6 pounds)
    R2P2VLCD Day 15-20 175.6 to 173.8 (-1.8 pounds)
    R2P2VLCD Day 21 174.8
    R2P2VLCD Day 22 173.4
    R2P2VLCD Day 23
    R2P2VLCD Day 24
    R2P2VLCD Day 25

Quote Originally Posted by parafluie View Post
    There are two very important things about P3: Lots of protein and lots of fat. That is a basic premise of the protocol and P3. Coconut oil is especially good, and have real butter (not the other stuff) bacon, fatty chicken and beef etc. This is time to reject all the things you used to think you knew. The problem is the combination of fat with either starch or sugar--that causes weight gain. Paleo diet is no good because it preaches low/no fat.
    @parafluie - Paleo diet is HIGH fat. On Paleo one should get most CALORIES from fat. Then carbs (vegetables and fruit) then protein. I am talking about CALORIES not amount of food.
    164cm - 36yo.
    start weight 62.3 kg 137lbs * BMI 23.42 * Goal weight 56kg
    VLCD31 END WEIGHT 57.2kg / 126lbs BMI 21.3
    weight lost 7kgs/15.5 lbs
    Cms lost on P2: 27cms/10inches
    Total cm lost inc P3: 35cms/13.7inches 55.5kg/122lbs BMI 20.7

Quote Originally Posted by beatty0416 View Post
    Good Morning all,

Woke up to a big surprise this morning my wonderful lunch out only cost me a .4 pound increase. which brings me up to 284.8..Not complaints thats for sure I am still down from LIW of 185.6.

@nyika: on your LIW was there anything that possible made it a little higher that day like TOM. Maybe your body is trying to stay that little lower. I know some of the woman on here lost more weight on their 72 hour transition.Some gained it back and some didn't. Did you loose more on your transition phase. My body seems to be staying between my lowest weight of my transition phase and my LIW. My other suggestion would be to message one of the experts.
    Great news on the losses!
    Thanks for your answer.
    I have stopped P2 right after TOM. I specifically went 5 days longer as I have read it makes stabilization harder if we stop P2 around TOM.
    So no, it wasn't water weight. And I didn't lose anything on the 72 hours transition.
    I seemed to be very good the first 2 weeks, then all of a sudden I dropped 4 days in a row.
    But I upped (I stuffed myself) with high carb veggie intake and finally there was a small gain today and I just made it into window with it. Well, almost.
    I will keep watching my carbs. I had LOADS AND LOADS of fat so far, but being summer here, it probably was the lower intake of high carb vegetables.
    164cm - 36yo.
    start weight 62.3 kg 137lbs * BMI 23.42 * Goal weight 56kg
    VLCD31 END WEIGHT 57.2kg / 126lbs BMI 21.3
    weight lost 7kgs/15.5 lbs
    Cms lost on P2: 27cms/10inches
    Total cm lost inc P3: 35cms/13.7inches 55.5kg/122lbs BMI 20.7

R/P/M
    R3, P2, Patches
    Blog Entries
    April, my skinny ass husband eats HEAPS but can stop when he is full and that's that. I wish I was like that. I would graze all day if I could.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
    Dr. Suess

SW (Jan 19th, 2012) : 114.8 kilos
    End of Round 1: 102.4 kilos
    R2: Post load: 103.5 kilos
    End of Round 2: 94.5 kilos (20 kilos total lost!!!!)
    R3: Post Load: 97.4 kilos (July 23rd)

Quote Originally Posted by photogfrog View Post
    April, my skinny ass husband eats HEAPS but can stop when he is full and that's that. I wish I was like that. I would graze all day if I could.
    OMG I am the exact same way! I just feel like eating is so enjoyable and if I could I would just graze all day long. It sucks so much! especially when I'm trying to add things into my diet slowly. (pretty sure I ate my weight in homemade whipped cream and cocoa crack today, oops)
    Last edited by Kellemon; March 2nd, 2012 at 03:34 AM.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Lifetime ticker: The last five years of my life from 2007 (left) to 2012 (right).
    If you want to hear about my whole weight loss journey, you can message me. My HCG journey started to lose those last unmovable lbs that nothing would work for!

Me:
    5'10"
    Starting Weight: 241 (BMI: 34.6)
    Pre-HCG Weight: 171.4
    Post-Load Weight: 174.4
    LDW: 156.8 (BMI 22.5)

R/P/M
    R3, P2, Patches
    Blog Entries
    I need to make this cocoa crack and see if it's all it's cracked (HAHA!!) up to be.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
    Dr. Suess

SW (Jan 19th, 2012) : 114.8 kilos
    End of Round 1: 102.4 kilos
    R2: Post load: 103.5 kilos
    End of Round 2: 94.5 kilos (20 kilos total lost!!!!)
    R3: Post Load: 97.4 kilos (July 23rd)

R/P/M
    R2/P4/Injection
    Yup, my weight is back down today, near the LIW again after a full nights (uninterupted) sleep. Interesting that.

@Photofrog & Kellemom- OMG, my hubby is like that too. Where's the justice??! Yes, cocoa crack seemed to help me though I wasn't brave enough to do large amounts. I only did maybe 1-2 tsp a day and it truly seemed to help me break stalls in P2.

@Beatty - you are so right about driving yourself nuts with it all. You and I are also on the same cycle. My TOM should be tomorrow +/- a day either way. What I found remarkable thus far is that my previous cravings with carbs and sugars the week prior are non existant! So, here's what I'm expecting to happen...I think I will have a slight gain (.something) that is water weight purely. Once TOM is here and full bore, that will drop off unless I use too much salt. I think if I just go heavy on the beef for the iron and protein, good veggies and keep my salt reasonable I should be ok. That's my plan of attack anyway. haha. Let me know how you do, ok??

R/P/M
    R2/P4/Injection
    Ok, I'm being daring now. I just added cream to my coffee. OMG how I missed this. *says prayer it doesn't end up as a gain*

R/P/M
    R2/P1 5/17 134.5
    Hello you all! I'm maintaining at 128.5 -- 1lb below LIW.

Have a great day.
    Heaviest Weight (2011) 163.5
    Goal 118-124
    R1 127
    Pre-Load=134.5
    VLCD D1=136_____________

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast