Popular Pages

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Phase3 on/around 2/12/12? Need input and support!

Moya - that is great that you are back in the 120's!
    Farloca - wow, what a good strategy!
    I am a huge egg eater, and I eat them in different ways. Sweet, savory, spicy, omelette, hard boiled, soft cooked, soufflé, baked, I even cooked it up the other day with fresh coconut milk into a custard! yumm. Never get bored of them!

ReeCee - I had salmon scramble for the first meal.
    Have you looked into the pure protein powders? Either whey or egg albumin protein powder. They are literally tasteless, so they can be added to anything or you can flavour them yourself. (I no longer eat whey, but it was pretty easy to just add berries or whatever to them, a little coconut oil and yummy)
    I always get unflavoured ones so I can play around with them. You can add dark chocolate to them, or vanilla flavour (even vanilla stevia)...or just sprinkle it on your salad, you won't even notice it's there.
    164cm - 36yo.
    start weight 62.3 kg 137lbs * BMI 23.42 * Goal weight 56kg
    VLCD31 END WEIGHT 57.2kg / 126lbs BMI 21.3
    weight lost 7kgs/15.5 lbs
    Cms lost on P2: 27cms/10inches
    Total cm lost inc P3: 35cms/13.7inches 55.5kg/122lbs BMI 20.7

Parafluie - don't worry about the 2lbs. You'll do a steak day and you'll correct it in no time.
    If you have looked into the Leptin reset (and it sounds like you have) then you know we should follow pretty much the whole Paleo thing.
    Plus we need to watch the timing of the meals.
    I must say, that since I am in P3 I (and of course in P2 we were all pretty much) following Paleo diet (without knowing....) and it is working wonderfully.
    Last edited by nyika; February 23rd, 2012 at 02:54 AM.
    164cm - 36yo.

R/P/M
    R2P2 Injections (4/12/12)
    Blog Entries
    parafluie: i know you can correct and get yourself back on track. We have done phase 2 together and I know you are strong enough to fix this and learn from it so that you don't sail to far off your original course. I do have a question why is it important to eat breakfast within the first half hour of waking? Is it set that way. I only ask cause my first hour of waking is so crazy getting kids off to school for different sports where some have to be there earlier then others. So would it work the same to eat an hour after waking as the half hour? I am trying to figure out any changes I need to get in order prior to Monday. I ampretty sure I can do a schedule of breakfast at 8, lunch if I eat it at around noon, and dinner at 5. Since I take my drops 3times a day that would just have me eating when I would normally take my drops and only puts me actually eating a half hour earlier then I have been for lunch and dinner which is not a bad thing at all.However I actually fully get up and going at around 7.

As for me today is my last day of full drops. I am taking one dose of drops tomorrow morning just to start my 72 hours from there like suggested by many including grannie. I didn't have any loss today but I didn't have a gain either and I am pretty sure I know why. I am hoping to loose that last pound tonight.If not it's ok I have still had great losses over all for phase 2.

Everyone else keep up the great work and I will definitely start responding more one on one to you guys once I fully start this thread tomorrow.

Have a good day and don't forget all your protein.

Round 1 = 30 pound loss
    R2P2VLCD Day 1-5 185.6 to 180.2 (-5.4 pounds)
    R2P2VLCD Day 5-10 180.2 to 179.2 ( -1.0pound)
    R2P2VLCD Day 10-15 179.2 to 175.6 (-3.6 pounds)
    R2P2VLCD Day 15-20 175.6 to 173.8 (-1.8 pounds)
    R2P2VLCD Day 21 174.8
    R2P2VLCD Day 22 173.4
    R2P2VLCD Day 23
    R2P2VLCD Day 24
    R2P2VLCD Day 25

R/P/M
    R2/P1 5/17 134.5

This is NOT the stock market! We don't want the tickers to go up!

Thanks for all your input!

I shared my thought processes with all of you as a warning to you all! I expect that many of you have had similar feelings, and that has gotten you into hot water, so to speak. My point is, this is not a free-for-all.

Don't get scared, just eat a little more protein. Don't think that P3 is a "whoopee now I can eat everything." It's not. Just add more protein and a little more fat. And have that protein a few times a day. Eat when you're hungry and eat meat, eggs, etc.

P3 is NOT a free for all. If we travel far from the protocol, and if we don't stay focused on our goals, we will not win.

My weight gain was not terrible and it has corrected already (I'm back to 131, which is under +2lbs), but we must all remain vigilant! As vigilant as we were in P2 because we all are focused on being THINNER. We are the only ones we are pleasing.

So, my friends, don't be tempted by thoughts of pigging out. Just increase your protein and eat it a lot. Do not get hungry. You are restocking the protein in your body. But, frankly, I think it's good to avoid fruits etc too.

Hugs to all and thanks.
    Heaviest Weight (2011) 163.5
    Goal 118-124
    R1 127
    Pre-Load=134.5
    VLCD D1=136_____________

R/P/M
    R2/P1 5/17 134.5
    @Beatty, I don't know why the first half hour is so important. But it is the same with 4-hour body (ferriss) and I had to start eating then. It has some good effect. What I did was make a quick Labrada Lean for Her drink which has 30 gr protein (highest I've seen). For the heck of it, see if you can work it in by getting up earlier. I'd be especially careful on your early days and first week, to get that protein in ASAP. And, although it's sorta okay to have fruit, I'd avoid it and eat eggs, steak, or other protein 6xs a day -- and especially when you're hungry. Week two of P3 I'd be a little more liberal (being careful to weigh and to remember there is still a protocol!) with adding foods.

As you know, I regret going off protocol the different times, and thinking it was okay. It wasn't. I don't believe it was permanent damage, but why take the chance.

Here's a good guide, but I think alcoholswab is a little more free thinking than what works or didn't work for me. It's all a learning process!!
    http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f26/phase-3-information-43430/
    Heaviest Weight (2011) 163.5
    Goal 118-124
    R1 127
    Pre-Load=134.5
    VLCD D1=136_____________

R/P/M
    R1/P3/LDW 130.1
    Holding steady at 129.7 today.

I haven't quite been doing the BAB as I have seen some others doing, but have been eating as much as I can. I don't know why it has been hard to choke down food in the morning, I was always a breakfast eater before I started hcg, but maybe I got out of practice. If my weight holds steady tomorrow I get to add in something new....CHEESE! I did eat Fage yesterday, so I am adding in some dairy and seem to be OK. I was planning on avoiding fruits, but I did have some strawberries yesterday because I missed them. Strawberries and cinnamon apples became my favorite part of P2! I also tried a little glass of red wine last night.

So far, I am kind of a fan of P3. I have been quite satisfied with the foods that I am allowed to eat, my tummy upset seems to be fading, and so far the weight is stable. Oh if it were only to stay this easy for the remaining 19 days!

Hope everybody else is doing well.

R/P/M
    P4 For Life

Down again today!

Congrats Everybody! It sounds like everyone is in really great head space today. I am joining you. Down another 2.2 today to 144.4! Thanks to high protein day. (Proof correction days do work...you just have to find the one that is right for you!) Woot!

Moya - I don't do the BAB either. I eat eggs cooked in coconut oil and tomatoes or a slice or two of turkey bacon. It has worked for me. I do eat within an hour of being up...many times within the first 30, so don't know if that helps. I also stayed P3 eating much into P4...just added minor things here and there. P3 works for me so I stay here...carbs and sugars are where my sensitivities and lack of will power play a major role in weight gain. Find what works for you and go for it.

Have a wonderful day!
    "The surest path to positive self esteem is to succeed at something which one perceived would be difficult."

R1 183.2 - 161 (-22.2lbs)
    R2/P2/168.6 - 145.6 (-22lbs/15lbs of new weight)
    R2/P2/LIW (2/13):147.4 (+1.8) TOM; (2/14): 148.2 (+.8); (2/15): 146.0 (-2.2)
    R2/P3/4 weeks -Stabilized +/- 2 lbs from 146.0
    R2/P4: 146, 145.6,144.2, 147, 144.4, 147, 145.8, 143.6,144., 144.4, 143.8, 146.8, 145, 144.8, 145.8, 143.8...been off for two weeks still below LIW at 144.4...very happy!

Wow, good day for everyone.
    I am steady on 125lbs and I am very happy with it.

I don't know how much harder this would be if I'd reintroduce starches, but I don't think I will find out as I am not planning to.
    I downloaded hundreds of new recipes (Paleo, I know, sorry, I know I am starting to get annoying) and I want to see it on DH how it works.
    He could lose 10 lbs, I want to see the truth for myself whether Paleo really makes you burning fat and build muscle. He'll be the Guinea pig.

So far what I love about it that I didn't have to watch what I eat and still the scale didn't move at all.
    164cm - 36yo.

R/P/M
    R1 - P2 - HHCG - drops
    Blog Entries
    Hey all - have really enjoyed this thread - P3 is only 12 days away for me! Nervous - BUT you give me hope. Here is my question - in my PRE HCG diet - I worked out at 6am - before work. My work schedule does not allow me to work out later in the day. I was sooo looking forward to getting back in that routine. I stopped for HCG - as it wasn't recommended to exercise. Do you have to eat within the first half hour if you are just doing P3 and not LR? I could not work out after eating that much - or surely I would be sick. I had planned on doing BAB, not LR - but at least a very high protein breakfast. If I try a protein shake before I go - can I use whey? Apparently the JayRobb have soy in the - I can't have soy because I have Graves Disease. any advice? I really wanna go back to the gym...

Quote Originally Posted by beatty0416 View Post
    I do have a question why is it important to eat breakfast within the first half hour of waking? Is it set that way. I only ask cause my first hour of waking is so crazy getting kids off to school for different sports where some have to be there earlier then others. So would it work the same to eat an hour after waking as the half hour? I am trying to figure out any changes I need to get in order prior to Monday. I ampretty sure I can do a schedule of breakfast at 8, lunch if I eat it at around noon, and dinner at 5. Since I take my drops 3times a day that would just have me eating when I would normally take my drops and only puts me actually eating a half hour earlier then I have been for lunch and dinner which is not a bad thing at all.However I actually fully get up and going at around 7.
    your answer is here:
    http://jackkruse.com/how-does-the-leptin-rx-work/
    http://jackkruse.com/the-leptin-rx-faqs/
    Hope this helps.
    164cm - 36yo.