Popular Pages

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Phase3 on/around 2/12/12? Need input and support!

R/P/M
    R2/P1 5/17 134.5
    That's great Beatty. Nice and easy does it! Egg Salad is great! I always liked that. I'd HB 2 dozen eggs at a time, then make egg salad and take it to work. Mmmmm. Remember sailing and correcting: if something doesn't work today, tomorrow you correct (not next week). Are you feeling more comfortable about this now that you are on day 2? Soon, you will feel just as comfortable as you did on P2, especially since you are aware (hahah) of the mistakes I made by thinking "eat everything and pig out." As soon as I got rid of that mindset and back to PROTEIN, I was fine. And I never did go very high.

I sauteed some fresh sliced mushrooms in coconut oil and a little butter, then I added eggs and scrambled them all together. Finally, I added some little teeny mozzarella balls. Mmmm. The coconut oil when used for cooking has a lovely herb-type flavor. Delish!

My weight is UP .1lb. Instead of my LDW of 129.5, I'm 129.6. Yippee.

Have a great day y'all
    Heaviest Weight (2011) 163.5
    Goal 118-124
    R1 127
    Pre-Load=134.5
    VLCD D1=136_____________

R/P/M
    P4 For Life
    Good Morning Everyone!

Beatty - YAY! I try to focus on my protein, as well. Seems to work most days...

Moya - Glad you're back down today. Good for you!

AFM - I am down today (-1.0) to 146.4. Very happy with that! Only .4 over my "new" LIW (146). I was on TOM when I did LI, so it seemed to be high (147.4). Trying to stabilize at the 146 and feel good about it so far.

Everyone have an amazing day!
    "The surest path to positive self esteem is to succeed at something which one perceived would be difficult."

R1 183.2 - 161 (-22.2lbs)
    R2/P2/168.6 - 145.6 (-22lbs/15lbs of new weight)
    R2/P2/LIW (2/13):147.4 (+1.8) TOM; (2/14): 148.2 (+.8); (2/15): 146.0 (-2.2)
    R2/P3/4 weeks -Stabilized +/- 2 lbs from 146.0
    R2/P4: 146, 145.6,144.2, 147, 144.4, 147, 145.8, 143.6,144., 144.4, 143.8, 146.8, 145, 144.8, 145.8, 143.8...been off for two weeks still below LIW at 144.4...very happy!

R/P/M
    R2/P1 5/17 134.5
    EKS, don't worry or be terrified or compare yourself to anyone else! They have different bodies and metabolisms and heredity! I haven't read of colon cleansing or anything else like that helping remove fat from a body. It might remove poop from intestines but who has taht as a goal?

EKS, I'll bet you're doing fine. Take a deep breath. Relax. Have some eggs tomorrow morning and then focus on protein. Pay attention to your body. When you are on P3, take a magnesium pill daily. If you get constipated, take 2 one day. You are less likely to have this problem if you have lots of veggies like brocolli and spinach so you might want to add them. Don't pig out, just think eggs and meat and have them as often as you want. You really want to build the protein in your body.

As you can see, the people on this thread are very helpful and will have many tips for you! Just ask!

Best regards!
    Heaviest Weight (2011) 163.5
    Goal 118-124
    R1 127
    Pre-Load=134.5
    VLCD D1=136_____________

Beatty, Just remember to watch your sodium! Sausage and chinese food is FULL of salt and MSG, so you will need to really drink a ton of water to help flush it through. I know that salt alone will cause me to gain the next day.

I am down a pound after my modified egg day yesterday. I am still above LDW, so I am trying to eat cleaner and see if it helps me to level out. I have also added magnesium capsules to my vitamins and acidophilus as well, so I am hoping that will help keep me moving in the right direction. I did eat fat free plain greek yogurt for breakfast as I thought an egg might kill me, but it's P2 clean from here on out today.
    I am feeling the need to get ahead of the curve this week as the wine and food festival is this weekend and I have tickets to the barbeque cookoff. We southerners take our barbeque seriously, and I already know that I won't be denying myself any pork that is drenched in mustard-based sauce. I know where my weaknesses are and barbeque is one of them. Sigh.

R/P/M
    R1/P3/LDW 130.1
    I lied about being just 0.6 over LIW, I am actually still 1.6 over (math not my strong suit in the morning it would seem). So, I am going to try to behave myself. For the rest of you headed into or just starting P3, let parafluie and I be examples, it is kind of easy to let yourself slip back into old habits and the scale will respond to that. Especially if things were going well in the beginning, you can get cocky, at least that is what happened with me! Keep tracking your food so you stay accountable, I don't think I got lazy about this, I think I just didn't want to know what it was going to tell me, I was eating way too darn much. This is about life changes so it is good to see how your daily bad choices (oh - i'll just have one, one won't hurt.....maybe one more.....etc .... etc....) show up on the scale. I feel a bit obsessive weighing every morning, but I can see how it is a good idea. Easier to correct 3 lbs than 15 lbs. Oh, and I think that both of us went through tummy discomfort so it is only natural to want to find the one food that is going to settle it. By the way, nothing really did.

Beatty - good news for you! You are doing just great.
    ReeCee - glad the correction day worked for you too! Maybe I will have to try an egg day next (if I need it) although the thought of all of those eggs turns my stomach a bit. ReeCee - I am from Kansas City, yet another place that is serious about their barbecue! Fortunately I don't think that the southern barbecue is as sweet as it can be in KC, I think I'll have to stay away from it (or make my own) because I just know there is a bunch of hidden sugar there mixed with all of that protein.
    Farloca - you are doing great on the stabalizing! I tried to change my LIW too. Maybe I will again once I get closer to it!

*walks in with head down*

I started p3 2/12 and went out of town for my b-day a few days later.

needless to say i did not stick to p3 foods. and when I got home, I continued on a downward spiral into depression and emotional eating. I don't know when is the last time I cooked or had a real meal.

so yea, i stabilized...nowhere near my LDW

I'll be doing another round when I get my head together

R/P/M
    P4 For Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    *walks in with head down*

I started p3 2/12 and went out of town for my b-day a few days later.

needless to say i did not stick to p3 foods. and when I got home, I continued on a downward spiral into depression and emotional eating. I don't know when is the last time I cooked or had a real meal.

so yea, i stabilized...nowhere near my LDW

I'll be doing another round when I get my head together
    Keep your head up! Brush yourself off and begin anew today. Smile. Eat Clean (lean and Green) and some of that weight will come off. Drink lots of water. You can do it. I gained over 4 lbs in a weekend. They came off with 2 correction days (egg, then high protein). Maybe put off P4 for a week or two. We are here to support you.

R/P/M
    R1/P3/150 iu SQ injections
    Quote Originally Posted by ReeCee View Post
    I am feeling the need to get ahead of the curve this week as the wine and food festival is this weekend and I have tickets to the barbeque cookoff. We southerners take our barbeque seriously, and I already know that I won't be denying myself any pork that is drenched in mustard-based sauce. I know where my weaknesses are and barbeque is one of them. Sigh.
    Barbeque? South? MUSTARD?? What sacrilege is this?? Vinegar, baby, all the WAY!!!

Moya, I am with you on the tracking. I KNOW what they say about too much tracking is bad for you, but I seriously think it keeps my mind in the game and makes me aware of what I am putting in my body, and how choices can make the difference in one day's weight. (I love the little things that pop up on Yahoo home page - Eat This, Not That!. It is amazing how many calories/carbs/fats can be in stuff that we just pay no attention to, and making healthier choices is one of my goals for this entire diet (and for the rest of my life!)) I have to be in a hotel from Friday until the next Saturday, so I even bought this teeny little digital scale to take with me. (Dr S said to carry a scale when traveling, and by God I will do what the man told me!) While the diet wasn't HARD per se, it still required discipline and self-control, and I am not going to throw that away for 10 days of continental breakfast. I plug everything into my Medhelp.org page, and it gives a good idea of where my food is going.

Thanks for all the clarifications on the correction days; y'all are farther ahead on P3 than I am, and I need all the guidance I can get. This has been a great thread!
    Start Date R1/ P1: 01/29/2012
    VLC#1: 1/31/2012
    Start weight: 161.4 End load 164.2
    VLCW1: - 10.4 VLCW2: -4.6 VLCW3: -1.0 VLCW4.75: -3.4 VLCW5: -3.6 VLCW6: -4.4
    Total Lost: 27.4
    LIW 136.8
    Adjusted LIW 133.0
    VLC1-3: +.2 P3W1: +2.6 P3W2: -2.4 P3W4: +1.8

R/P/M
    R1/P3/150 iu SQ injections
    (((((Southern))))))

Women and emotional eating. Never a good thing. I find myself (hopefully I USED to find myself) reaching for large amounts of sweets or carbs after 9 Pm when I was lonely or bored. It is easy to pack on the pounds.

I hope that whatever triggered the unhappiness is behind you, and I think that Farloca has the best advice. Start today, drink that water, eat clean, and when you start your next round, you can start with a strong clear mind, and a determination to beat the monkey on your back. (They are very dangerous, as they can bite your ear off without a moment's notice.)
    Start Date R1/ P1: 01/29/2012
    VLC#1: 1/31/2012
    Start weight: 161.4 End load 164.2
    VLCW1: - 10.4 VLCW2: -4.6 VLCW3: -1.0 VLCW4.75: -3.4 VLCW5: -3.6 VLCW6: -4.4
    Total Lost: 27.4
    LIW 136.8
    Adjusted LIW 133.0
    VLC1-3: +.2 P3W1: +2.6 P3W2: -2.4 P3W4: +1.8

@ Moya- Well said about the lifestyle change. I think we all are guilty of thinking a little of this or that isn't going to hurt. It's easy to get lazy, but we have to be vigilant and remember that we are doing ourselves a great favor by feeding our bodies the cleanest fuel available. Afterall, we deserve the best!
    @BadKitty- Mustard bbq is a SC lowcountry thing. You can keep your vinegar, I'll keep the mustard and then we can be sure that there is plenty of barbeque to keep us all happy! To each their own- Oink,Oink. :-)
    Last edited by ReeCee; February 29th, 2012 at 11:01 AM.