Popular Pages

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Phase3 on/around 2/12/12? Need input and support!

R/P/M
    R2P2 Injections (4/12/12)
    Blog Entries
    I am so pleased that for the most part we are all able to help each other out and that minus a few side tracks we are all doing so well at maintaining. I know that is subject to change on a daily bases, especially if we give in to old habits but over all I think we all have done really well so far learning about our bodies and how food effects them.
    I had a .2 gain which put me up to 184.6. My body seems to want to stabilize between my lowest weight (that I hit during my 72 hour transition) and my LIW. which is not bad since it is still within the 2 pounds of LIW. I am going to try to add a couple hundred more calories today would like to hit at least 1500 to 1600 calories and see what happens. I am also adding cheese in today. I hope I do well with cheese. Especially since I am trying to somewhat plan my eating for my drives coming up. I will be driving for 8 or 9 hours on Sunday. Then around 11 hours on Monday. Tuesday no driving just visiting with family. Then Wed I have to come all the way home which means literally in the car all day long. Like 18 hours. Ugh its gonna take some work I usually live off energy drinks when I do that. Of course they are all sugar and I can't do that anymore. I also need to make sure I get lot's of water in or I will retain a lot of water. I figure Wed will be hard cause I think I will have to have all 3 meals on the go that day. But I will make myself go in to eat some where and try to make the healthiest choice possible.

@parafluie: You are such an inspiration. You are stabilizing so nicely. I hope you are very proud. You have put a lot of work and effort into this and your doing an amazing job.

Round 1 = 30 pound loss
    R2P2VLCD Day 1-5 185.6 to 180.2 (-5.4 pounds)
    R2P2VLCD Day 5-10 180.2 to 179.2 ( -1.0pound)
    R2P2VLCD Day 10-15 179.2 to 175.6 (-3.6 pounds)
    R2P2VLCD Day 15-20 175.6 to 173.8 (-1.8 pounds)
    R2P2VLCD Day 21 174.8
    R2P2VLCD Day 22 173.4
    R2P2VLCD Day 23
    R2P2VLCD Day 24
    R2P2VLCD Day 25

Morning all! I am so glad to hear everyone is doing such a great job stabilizing. I am still up 1 pound from LIW, but I am definitely sick so I am thinking I could possibly see a drop once I am feeling better. I was scheduled for a 5.8 mile run in the morning, but I am fairly certain that the only thing that will be running tomorrow is my nose. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we all stay focused and stable through the weekend!
    Beatty, Good luck with all the driving. Try keeping a glass of ice water with you the whole time. The water is of course, important, but I find that when I drink water ice cold it gives me lot of energy- and will help to keep you alert. Getting a 44 oz cup of Sonic ice works great. While the foam cup is bad for the environment, it's great for keeping drinks icy cold on road trips. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by cynm View Post
    i could def stuff myself again in a heart beat...i envy all those folks that say they don't ever want fast food again or that they just have no urge to eat much...
    i start p3 tomorrow and i could immediately go out and eat anything and everything if i let myself (which i won't)....
    Good Luck and Happy p3 to you!
    My hubby and I feel the same wa you do. Every night when I watch tv at night the food commercials kill us! We can do this....just be strong.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyeq7LF/]

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    @reecee: thank you I will definitely try that. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and since it fits perfectly into this phase that's all the better.As it is I pull out a gallon of water every morning. I carry it everywhere I go that way I don't forget to drink it. That's how I make sure to get through my gallon of water a day.
    @kcw: it does take some will power but you would be surprised what your body really tells you if you listen. I see things and of course think dam that looks good, the only struggle I have is when I am hungry. Usually it's a mind thing for me. I know it's good so my mind says oh ya I want that but in reality I don't think about it if I don't see it.

Round 1 = 30 pound loss
    R2P2VLCD Day 21 174.8
    R2P2VLCD Day 22 173.4
    R2P2VLCD Day 23
    R2P2VLCD Day 24
    R2P2VLCD Day 25

R/P/M
    R3, P2, Patches
    Blog Entries
    Today is my first official day of P3 where I can start adding food. I will be smart. Salads with mixed veggies, maybe a bit of cheese....and see how it goes.

I do miss some of my fave old foods. Mostly fish and chips. I had a chip yesterday of my husband's and it tasted funny. I can't explain. Too fatty? Too processed? I dunno. It just tasted off. I wish I would learn to dislike all the bad foods. I really do.

I am down .3 kilos this AM, so that's good. SO CLOSE TO GOAL! I CAN DO THIS!!!!
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
    Dr. Suess

SW (Jan 19th, 2012) : 114.8 kilos
    End of Round 1: 102.4 kilos
    R2: Post load: 103.5 kilos
    End of Round 2: 94.5 kilos (20 kilos total lost!!!!)
    R3: Post Load: 97.4 kilos (July 23rd)

R/P/M
    R1/P3/LIW 150.8 on 3/6/12

Cool

I just joined this forum and a week from today, I start P3!!!! Looking for advise from your experiences and would like to join your thread. This whole thing has been scarey, enlightening, exciting and crazy! Wow, I never would have thought that I'd be injecting myself to loose weight. Now that the 40 days are almost up, I'm a bit conserved I don't have all the info to succeed this face. Please help! I don't want to back slide ever! Hoping to do a 21 day second round next. Thanks in advanced!!! Oh, and how do I post a picture or character by my name?
    Last edited by Darla; March 2nd, 2012 at 06:47 PM.
    If you can't find the fun in it ... Don't inhale !!

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    @parafluie: you should be an inspirational writer. cause you definitely motive me to stay strong and keep fighting to stay on track and follow protocol. And even more to continue to change old habits that not only made me unhealthy but also miserable about myself.

@darla: welcome, the best advice I can give you is take it one day at a time. Absolutely no carbs or sugars and lots of protein. And don't forget to continue drinking lot's of water. I am still newer to phase 3. My first day was Monday however I have had good success stabilizing so far. It is best from what little experience I have and from what I have read to reintroduce foods slowly so that you can learn how they are going to react with your body. For the first couple days I really stressed about calories, how ever I have learned that was just driving me nuts not actually helping me. lol. Feel free to ask anything you might have on your mind to help make your transition easier.

@photogfrog: So how was your first day of having some different foods? Was it what you thought it would be?

Menu for today was:
    Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled with 1 tbsp whole milk, 2 oz cheese, 4oz sausage,1/4 a tomato (all mixed together with 1 tbsp sour cream)
    Lunch: 8 oz turkey breast with a good size salad including 1 cup lettuce, 1/4 a tomato, 2 oz cheese, 1/4 a cucumber, ranch dressing
    Dinner: 6 oz pork chop and another salad just like with lunch.

To much going on today to get any snacks in, plus after each meal I was extremely full. So the only new food I added today was cheese, well and i had a grilled pork chop on the George Foreman. I did increase my calories though by adding the cheese, I actually made it to 1900 calories or maybe a little more. Down fall if I do gain I won't know if it's from calories or the cheese lol. I want to try to keep my calories between 1500 and 2000. Probably closer to 1800. For now anyways lol.

Round 1 = 30 pound loss
    R2P2VLCD Day 21 174.8
    R2P2VLCD Day 22 173.4
    R2P2VLCD Day 23
    R2P2VLCD Day 24
    R2P2VLCD Day 25

R/P/M
    R1/P3/LIW 150.8 on 3/6/12
    Godd morning.... I have 5 days left on P2. My pattern has been 3 days of loss followed by 2 of maintaining. This week I lost on Sunday and Wed. Followed by 3 days of maintaining and I'm afraid I won't loose any more with just 5 days to go. I've decided to do an Apple day today... It worked before an I dropped 2 lbs. I was just feeling irritable, weak and no muscle strength so I had a glass of water and now my second apple. My question is.....since I've beeb lacking in energy the past few days, do you think I'm done? I started at 170 and have lost 18 lbs....with a few slip ups. I'd really love to see 149 before P3 but I'm realistic that I may not. But that is what is driving me to continue... Any feedback would be much appreciated !! Thanks !!
    If you can't find the fun in it ... Don't inhale !!

R/P/M
    R3, P2, Patches
    Blog Entries
    My first day with P3 was a bit insane, I admit. I did some baking, so there was ample spoon licking. That actually made me feel almost ill.

At the BBQ, I ate a bit and had a class of wine. When I entered my food into my counter website, I was WELL over 1000 calories. OUCH. My .3 loss is back. BOOO.

I did not have a cupcake but I did have 4-5 chips with dip. The dip itself is all dairy and veggies, but the chips are a no go, I know.

I know I overdid it. I feel it today. My tummy is sore and I feel bloated.

I'm going to try to make some breakfast muffins with avocado, egg, tomato and chicken and see how that goes. I'm also going to try to get 30 mins of cardio in 3-4x per week.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
    Dr. Suess

SW (Jan 19th, 2012) : 114.8 kilos
    End of Round 1: 102.4 kilos
    R2: Post load: 103.5 kilos
    End of Round 2: 94.5 kilos (20 kilos total lost!!!!)
    R3: Post Load: 97.4 kilos (July 23rd)

R/P/M
    R1/P3/LDW 130.1
    Hey all, I don't think that I have checked in for a couple of days. Always nice to catch up and read how the rest of you are doing. I always enjoy reading the inspirational words, the reassurance, and even the struggles we are all going through. Nice to not be "alone".

Photo - my first day I think I made it to maybe 1300 calories and was just sure that I must be about 500 lbs with how bloated and full I felt. I think it is just hard after being so calorie restricted for the past month or so. But no need for the guilt if the food is mostly proteins, veggies, and healthy fats. I am averaging maybe 1500 calories per day (except for those shameful days of the pistachios) and seem to be stable, weight wise. I have even gotten over that twinge of guilt I have when I pour heavy whipping cream into my am coffee. Now it is my favorite treat of the day!

Well, I am steady, at 131.1 past couple of days so within my 2 lb window. I do have one request for a bit of advice. The past couple of weeks I have done a long-ish run of 8 miles. I totally run out of steam at the end of it without the ability to replenish along the way with any carbs, sugar, electrolytes. I guess once P3 is over I can add them back in, but in the meantime, should I just suffer through, cut my runs short, or cheat? ReeCee, you may be able to help me here.