Popular Pages

Thread: Steak Day or Water Retention from Exercise? So frustrated :(

Steak Day or Water Retention from Exercise? So frustrated :(

Okay so I went up to 122.8 on Thursday morning weigh in, 2.8 above LDW. Did a steak day and weighed in at 120.8 Friday morning, only +.8 above LDW, 2lb loss yay!
    I went to the gym Friday morning and did 15 minutes on the stairclimber, 15 min on treadmill (walking/jogging), a 15 minute ab workout consisting of a 6lb medicine ball with planks, Russian twists, crazy ivans, toe touches, then I did tricep dips and bicep curls with an 8 lb weight. I also went bowling last night. Food for Friday: I did a high protein day consisting of scrambled eggs, ground beef, canned chicken breast, canned tuna, chicken wings, a little bit of Duke's mayo in there, along with some cocoa crack. I was at 8% carbs 35% protein 57% fat, about 2200 calories. I ate when I was hungry and I keep track of the calories just so I can know. I've been doing fine around 1800-2500 calories.
    I am definitely sore this morning and feel it in my muscles, my legs and arms, and I am back up to 122.4! GAH! 2.4 above LDW. Is this water retention in my sore muscles, or what?! I ate no problem foods yesterday and I really don't want to do a steak day today because I woke up this morning starving and ready for breakfast! I am so discouraged and don't know what to do.
    Please any help. I'm getting so tired of my weight not being stable that I just want to devour a carton of ice cream - even though I know that won't help in the long run. Please please please any advice!

R/P/M
    P4
    In my opinion (for what that's worth), if your muscles are sore from the workout, you're retaining water and lactic acid. I think that's good. It means your workout was effective and you've torn those muscle tissues so they can repair themselves and make you stronger and leaner.

But from a P3 standpoint, it isn't good. In P3, you have to know whether or not you are stabilizing and if you are working out like that, you can't know. Technically, you should do a correction day. But if you choose to continue working out like that in P3, realizing that will mean you won't know what is a weight gain and what is a workout gain, maybe you want to give yourself a 1-2 lb buffer to account for the fluid in your muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by jmmrr View Post
    In my opinion (for what that's worth), if your muscles are sore from the workout, you're retaining water and lactic acid. I think that's good. It means your workout was effective and you've torn those muscle tissues so they can repair themselves and make you stronger and leaner.

But from a P3 standpoint, it isn't good. In P3, you have to know whether or not you are stabilizing and if you are working out like that, you can't know. Technically, you should do a correction day. But if you choose to continue working out like that in P3, realizing that will mean you won't know what is a weight gain and what is a workout gain, maybe you want to give yourself a 1-2 lb buffer to account for the fluid in your muscles.
    I'm having the hardest time deciding whether I want to exercise on P3 or not. I haven't lost the gain from the gym and I'm doing a steak day again today. I'm getting super frustrated but hate the way I feel when I don't work out but I'm even more afraid to gain weight, whether that be muscle or fat or whatever. Thanks for your help/advice/reply.

I know how you feel I am going back and forth in my head on when I want to start going back to the gym. I always gain at least4lbs when I start working out, I HATE it!! But also feel like I am getting soft
    I start P3 tomorrow so I might give it until Monday to see how I do and decided. Good luck and I hope you stay down in weight!
    R3 HHCG pellets
    6/11/12 VLCD1
    Goal= -10lbs

Quote Originally Posted by agentventi View Post
    I know how you feel I am going back and forth in my head on when I want to start going back to the gym. I always gain at least4lbs when I start working out, I HATE it!! But also feel like I am getting soft
    I start P3 tomorrow so I might give it until Monday to see how I do and decided. Good luck and I hope you stay down in weight!
    Well I am back down only .6 above LDW after my steak day yesterday, I also went to the gym last night and did very light cardio for 20 minutes and a few laps in the pool. I'm eating high protein today and gonna try eating under my BMR to lock in this loss. I'm technically on my last week of p3 but no way am I gonna add even approved flours like almond/coconut yet...too scared.
    I think taking it easy at the gym makes for a much easier transition into p3. Im just going to stick with this until I'm stable because I feel gross when I don't go to the gym, but know I cannot push my body too far while it's in this weird delicate stabilization phase. Let me know how your p3 goes!!!