Popular Pages

Thread: Day 100 of P4, aka Life.....and two things that keep me under LDW.

R/P/M
    R3/P2/ subq start date 8/01/13

Day 100 of P4, aka Life.....and two things that keep me under LDW.

I am on day 100 of P4 and am 6.4 below my LDW and have been at or below my LDW for the past 40 days.

#1: food journal, most say they feel oppressed writing down everything that goes into their mouths but I feel the opposite, I feel in control because I eat what want and stay with in my calories and I'm good to go.

#2. one day at a time.
    DeAnne

R/P/M
    Round 2/Phase 4/injection
    That is so fantastic. It's so great that you continue to post and share with us. :-)
    VLCD W1: -8.8 pounds for me & -17.0 pounds for DH
    VLCD W2: -2.0 pounds for me & -2.0 for DH (Extreme stalling in week 2?? Grrr!!!)
    VLCD W3: -3.2 pounds for me & -7.0 for DH (including planned cheat mid-week to preserve sanity)
    VLCD W4: -4.4 pounds for me & -6.0 for DH (including TOM and 1 of 2 days in Nashville)

LIW 163.6 on August 9
    161.4 after last VLCD day
    Phase 3: August 12
    Phase 4: September 2
    159.6 after Phase 3

R/P/M
    P2 41

Smile P4 success

Hi
    Congrats on your great success! It gives many of us hope as we progress further into the phases. Can you please what an average day is like for you and what you did in the beginning to re introduce foods. Currently I can start p3 but I am away and surrounded by pizza and bagels I prefer to stay on p 3 until I get home tomorrow and officially begin Monday I haven't weight myself since Thursday but I reached my goal and never had to do a steak day so far in 23 days. What should start with first? I really didn't eat much fruit in p 3. I plan on continuing using almond flour and coconut oil I love it.

R/P/M
    P2 41
    Sorry for the confusion I have completed p3 and ready to start p4

R/P/M
    R3/P2/ subq start date 8/01/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'smom View Post
    Sorry for the confusion I have completed p3 and ready to start p4
    I can look back in my food journal and tell you exactly what I ate. I still ate P3, no sugar and no starch, I eat Low Carb and it's been working for my. I think the first day I ate an omelet with bacon, avocado and cheese. And I ate P2 just double meat, just like some suggest. And I think I was up to 2000 by week 2, couldn't believe that I was eating that much that soon. Again, I don't have my journal in front of me but will get it for you. Also this is a website that I use daily for cooking for me and my family and they love it. http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html just take it slow. And I did begin exercise Day 1 of P4, did cardio only treadmill and bike.
    DeAnne

DeAnne,
    You are an inspiration to me, thanks for continuing to post. I am probably going to be on P4 for a few months before I consider doing a last round. I prefer not to do one. My goal weight is 150/155, I am currently 166.2 (2.6 pounds under LIW) about 11-16 pounds away from Goal weight range. I am training for a half marathon this october. And losing lots of inches from training and running. Thanks for all the tips and pointers. Its great to see people successful with P4 and continue to live this way. Again thanks for the inspiration and the motivation. You are AWESOME!
    R1 Start wgt/ load: 205.0/208.8
    R1 LIW: 169.0/168.8 Stabilized 167.4
    R2 Load 1: 168.4/172.6
    R2 LIW 157.4 Stabilized (156.8-159.0)
    R3 Load 165.2/165.6
    R3 wk 3: almost done: Normal BMI!!!
    R3 LIW: 152.2 weight Today: 152.8 P3 day 3
    ******** 1.6 pounds left to GOAL*************

Thanks for keeping the board updated--so few people do. I am only six weeks out. My weight is rock solid if I maintain sodium intake around 1500g, calories 2300, protein and fat around 150-200g. I'm just starting to add in foods with more carbs including oatmeal and bananas. I've done well until yesterday.

Yesterday I ate way too much without realizing it. I went to the Whole Foods salad bar and when I added up everything I ate when I got home, I was over by at least 900calories and 900g of sodium. Had a 2.4lbs jump on the scale--which I haven't seen this high in these last few weeks.

I find it difficult to eat out. It's too easy to eat too much and I'm never certain that the food I'm eating is prepared w/o lots of salt, sugar, etc. It wasn't till I wrote it down that I was like, "Yeah, there's no way that would have worked because I know how much sodium is in cheese. I add things back in super super slowly. It's frustrating at times but I've come to accept that if I want to keep my weight in the 172 range, that I need to do these things and now I don't mind "giving them up" at all. Yesterday totally took me by surprise. I've learned planning and putting my nutrition first, before social activities is the most important thing.

Hi Crezman,
    I also experience gains from eating out when I eat carbs or starch. It sucks. Once I eat starch at home, sweet potaties, oatmeal and such I am fine. I don't have issues eating a lot, I maintain my regular 1400-2000 calories. Yesterday I had about 1500 calories but mostly from carbs. Gained 1.6 today on the scale. Not over LIW but a huge gain nonetheless. Once I eat white yams, white rice, white bread, my body can't process it. It sucks. i am still learning how to deal, plus I know there was probably msg in that food. So I am currently chugging water today. I didn't drink enough yesterday. I guess its about finding balance with hcg. I am still trying to find my niche. I know that if I stick to complex whole grains, I do better, refined white flour, white rice and white potatoes, probably a No-no plus I had two servings, which is also bad. Though the food wasn't unhealthy, probably its this stuff that put weight on me before hcg. I am going to be more vigilant. I plan on going running today.
    R3 Load 165.2/165.6

R/P/M
    R1/P1/drops
    I am REALLY having a hard time in P4! I stabilized well, but I've clearly added back too much and gotten too lax on what I'm eating/using by way of condiments. I'm currently 2.6 over LDW and facing another steak day!

Didi - on the P3 thread we were on, I told y'all that I didn't have to count calories or fat and I didn't at all in P4. Do you think it's the "hidden" sugars and starches that's hurting me now?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Goal: 30lbs

It took a year but I gained back all of R2 losses.

R3P2
    Load day +2

R2P2
    load day2 +2
    week 1 -6.4
    week 2 -3.6
    week 3 -3.6
    week 4 -2.0
    VLCD1 -0.4
    VLCD2 -1.0
    VLCD3 -0.8
    P3D1 -0.2
    P3D2 +2.0

R1 -16.4 after P4

Quote Originally Posted by Handymom View Post
    I am REALLY having a hard time in P4! I stabilized well, but I've clearly added back too much and gotten too lax on what I'm eating/using by way of condiments. I'm currently 2.6 over LDW and facing another steak day!

Didi - on the P3 thread we were on, I told y'all that I didn't have to count calories or fat and I didn't at all in P4. Do you think it's the "hidden" sugars and starches that's hurting me now?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Handymom,
    It could be the starches or sugars. I know thats what is hurting me. Try to see if you can eat P3 to bring the weight down. I am up a total of 3.4 pounds in three days. It sucks! I ate white yams on sunday gained 1.6, yesterday gained 1.0 and today 0.8 from eating lactose free ice cream one scoop and sugar free cookies as well as my regular one serving of sweet potatoes and nuts. I am doing a steak day today. My first one yet. I am 0.8 pounds over LDW but I am doing a steak day due to the fact I am up over 2 pounds 3.4 pound gains. I stopped counting calories and fats too and I think I too have gotten very lax with my eating. Sugars do not like me at all and neither do white yams or white rice.
    But I think our problem is that we may be eating too much carbs. I know I did yesterday. Hence the gains even though I only had 2200 calories at the most I am guessing but I had mostly from carbs. I only maintain when I eat mostly from proteins and fats and less carbs. So I am doing a steak day then I will only allow myself one starch and one fruit, one vegetable carb on thursday and see how I do. That might be helpful to you as well. Right now I am chugging those fluid including coffee and water. I will eat my steak at 5pm or so. Are you doing a steak day today?
    Last edited by didi; August 10th, 2011 at 06:28 AM.
    R3 Load 165.2/165.6