Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating pre-HCG food

Eating pre-HCG food

I'm going to be starting HCG tomorrow. I've been doing a lot of reading about it, and it seems like it's extremely difficult to keep the weight off.
    I want to be able to eat the foods I eat now, but in small portions. (IE one piece of pizza instead of four)
    Is this a problem, though?
    I don't want to never again eat ice cream or a grilled cheese sandwich. Is HCG really going to ruin my metabolism THAT much that eating a cookie will result in weight gain?
    Please answer honestly, as I'm quite stressed out over this possibility.

R/P/M
    R2P2 HCG Injections
    I don't believe this diet ruins your metabolism - you find out what foods cause you to gain. You may be one of the lucky ones who can eat starches after doing this diet and not gain, but then maybe not. You may be able to eat 1 piece of pizza but not two, or your may only be able to eat 1/2 slice, or none at all. It is all based on your body.

As you go through the phases, you will learn what you can eat, or how much of it you can eat. It is a learning curve
    Rachel

Round 1: (March 2011 - 44 Days) 149.8-126.6 Lost 23.2 lbs - Drops/Pellets
    Round 2: (July 2013 - 32 Days) 134.2-121.4 Lost 12.8 lbs - HCG Shots

Would I be gaining actual fat, or just water weight?

R/P/M
    R2P2 HCG Injections
    I also wanted to add that you may find your taste changes as you go through this diet. I have been in P4 for 11 weeks now and have no desire whatsoever for any type of bread. I have pizza but made with a cauliflower crust. It taste way better to me than with flour.
    Rachel

R/P/M
    R2P2 HCG Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Would I be gaining actual fat, or just water weight?
    It all depends on your body. Of course once you hit P4 some of it will be water gain because of the carbs, but again, it may be fat because your body doesn't like it. That is why there is a +2lb limit. If you go over your LWD of 2 lbs or more, you do a correction day to get back down. Does this make any sense?
    Rachel

R/P/M
    Round 1/Phase 2/Sublingual (Official HCG Diet Plan)
    I've been in P4 for just over a month and have experimented with Pizza. It didn't turn out well for me, but I found that any breads make me gain. I do just fine eating out, even fast food, if I take the bread off. I am at -9 of my last drop weight. However, if I do have breads, I'll shoot up 1.6 or so. They are a no no for me at least. I saw a recipe on some food site for pizza without the crust, in a casserole dish that I want to track down, because I love pizza.

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Inj.
    Blog Entries
    In P4 I've eaten a reasonable portion of a lot of things I used to eat before I started HCG. My tastes have changed dramatically so I don't have a taste for some things anymore. I haven't tried pizza, but I didn't eat a lot of pizza before HCG. Early on I fluctuated a lot, but then figured out if I gained I could get it back off with a day or two of strict P3. My last official week of P4 I went without weighing in and held my weight by paying attention to my body. I still eat mostly P3 because I enjoy it and I don't feel compelled to gorge myself on carby, processed foods. When I do eat starch or sugar, I focus on healthy things like fruit and whole grains. But if I want a chocolate chip cookie, I'm eating a chocolate chip cookie (just not 3 or 6).

Follow the protocol and listen to your body - it works. HCG is healing my poisoned metabolism. I spent over a decade on antidepressants, prescribed amphetamines, and smoking. I quit these things to improve my health only to gain over 60lbs in about 3 years. Nothing I tried helped - my doctor just told me to exercise and eat less. Calories in/calories didn't work for me. I tried at least half a dozen different diet & exercise plans. HCG was my last stop before going back to the prescription pad for help and now I don't need to.

"A desire presupposes the possibility of action to achieve it; action presupposes a goal which is worth achieving." -Ayn Rand

R1: -26 lbs | R2: -22.8
    LIW: 187.4 | LIW: 166.6

R3 Preload: 172
    Week 1: -5.8 lbs
    Week 2: -3.0 lbs
    VLCD15: 167.0 (+1.8)
    VLCD16: 165.8 (-1.2)
    VLCD17: 166.0 (+0.2)
    VLCD18: 166.8 (+0.8)

I don't think for the most part you will be able to eat most of the things we used to eat, but then again it depends on how you ate. If you ate like me, simple sugars, potato chips, junk food and such then expect to have some trouble with those. But you may be lucky to tolerate them in small amounts and once in a while. The good thing about hcg like everyone said is that it curbs your appetitie and changes your taste for certain foods. I do not crave sodas or sweets nearly as much as I used to do. And I don't care for potato chips. When I eat salty it disgusts me, I can really taste the salt and sweetness of foods now. wheras I would just pour on the salt and drank several packets of sugar in my coffeee before HCg.
    I have made this a lifestyle change. I have no desire to return to eating before HCg. I always felt bloated, full, naseous, ate till I was about to throw up, cravings and no matter how much I eat, I wouldn't stop until I felt I was going to throw up. Hcg changed all that, now I eat a small amount and I don't want any more. or I save foods for later, wow thats profound1 I actually stop eating and save for later. this NEVEr happened before HCG I would eat until I saw the bottom of my bowl. I found healthier alternatives to soda and more natural sugar source/ sweetners. I never feel like I am going to throw up, I haven't needed to take my acid reflux meds since hcg. I don't feel sluggish or lethargic.
    Now the only thing I miss is frosting, and I found a way to make cream cheese frosting to satisfy my sweet tooth. I also learned to bake with almond or cocnut flour. thats good enough for me. when I committed to hcg I knew that I was going to say goodbye to junk for ever. maybe once in a while but def eating healthy and organic for the most part is the way to go for me. I will make my own oatmeal cookies and I tried almond cookies and they were delish. I don't miss the regular stuff.
    I eat bread (ezeikel bread), I plan to try sweet potatoes and brown rice, oatmeal. Thats enough starch for me.
    Last edited by didi; July 29th, 2011 at 07:12 AM.
    R1 Start wgt/ load: 205.0/208.8
    R1 LIW: 169.0/168.8 Stabilized 167.4
    R2 Load 1: 168.4/172.6
    R2 LIW 157.4 Stabilized (156.8-159.0)
    R3 Load 165.2/165.6
    R3 wk 3: almost done: Normal BMI!!!
    R3 LIW: 152.2 weight Today: 152.8 P3 day 3
    ******** 1.6 pounds left to GOAL*************

Shakira on the inside!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae123 View Post
    I also wanted to add that you may find your taste changes as you go through this diet. I have been in P4 for 11 weeks now and have no desire whatsoever for any type of bread. I have pizza but made with a cauliflower crust. It taste way better to me than with flour.
    Hi Rae,
    Not sure if you are still on the site. You have had great success ---congratulations! Would you PLEASE provide a recipe for the cauliflower crust you used to make the pizza. That would be really helpful. I k now I have gluten issues and likely will never be able to eat bread if I want to maintain my weight loss. The jury is still out on cheese. Maybe I can tolerate some and not every day! Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast