Popular Pages

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm down 8.2 lbs from my LDW from doing a correction/high protein day a week...

R/P/M
    round 4phase 2 homeopathic drops
    well, i ate my high protien burger day all day yesterday and then ate a sugar free low carb ice cream bar and gained a pound. dumb me! I thought maybe i wouldnt gain from it. but, nooooo of course i would. so being good all day today again. so tired of being good.

R/P/M
    R3/P2/ subq start date 8/01/13
    [QUOTE=tanyamac;492233]well, i ate my high protien burger day all day yesterday and then ate a sugar free low carb ice cream bar and gained a pound. dumb me! I thought maybe i wouldnt gain from it. but, nooooo of course i would. so being good all day today again. so tired of being good.[/QUOTE

It must be a carb sensitive thing or a gluten thing, there's dairy in those bars, and did could have a reaction to the sugar sub that they put in there. I make my own sweets, I eat coco crack almost every day. I mix 2T butter, 2T coco pdr and 2T of splenda and then put them in muffin cups topped with organic peanut butter them put them in the freezer, sooo good. I also have just had them plane, with cocoa nut, nuts, etc... So maybe stay away from the processed stuff or eat "organic" sweets. Sorry your feeling bummed, I can tell. Hang in there, tomorrow is a new day.
    DeAnne

Any thoughts on why correction days work? Is it the flood of protein calories -- more than usual-- combined with no carbs? But an apple or tomato has carbs.

Is it the ratio of protein to fat?

I'm trying to see the distinction when P3 is no starch to start with. Why should a correction day work?

If it doesn't (and no cheating), why not?

Anybody???
    Post-HCG & Post-Leptin Reset, working on adrenals and thyroid, and taking charge of my own health at Optimal Health Cave link
    Currently getting back to the ticker weight.

Dr. Simeons' protocol, Pounds & Inches at http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/Dr-ATW-Si...and-Inches.htm
    Why We Get Fat & What to Do About it by Gary Taubes
    Ageless by Suzanne Somers
    The Mood Cure by Julia Ross

R/P/M
    Quote Originally Posted by itsybitsy View Post
    Any thoughts on why correction days work? Is it the flood of protein calories -- more than usual-- combined with no carbs? But an apple or tomato has carbs.

I'm trying to see the distinction when P3 is no starch to start with. Why should a correction day work?

Anybody???
    I'd post this on a vet's board, Grammy's Groupies is a good one. I have no idea why they work, they just do. Does it read in Pounds & Inches why? ....I hope you get an answer. Someone posted that the days I do are Atkins induction. Maybe look up what that is and there's more to this. Sorry I wasn't much help. And just for the record, I lose more on SD with an apple then tomato, not sure why.
    DeAnne

R/P/M
    R5/P3/hhcg
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by itsybitsy View Post

Anybody???
    Here's my theory...Steak days are like intermitent fasting, you burn calories while limiting food to just a certain amount of time, at that time you are getting quite a bit of protein and fat, but very low carb for the day, so it'll help flush fluids that collected usually from too many carbs. I think the other correction days work b/c we are focused on just certain high protien foods w/ only certain limited foods that contain carbs, and very little additives. P3 is full of possibilities to keep us from losing. If we eat fruit and fat things that are p3 allowed, but not p3 friendly in much quantity b/c of the carb/fat combo well we get in trouble, so then correction days limit the carbs and let us flush the water. But what do I know, lol.

R1 lost 22 lbs (189.6 to 167.6) 38 day-ave loss of .57
    R2 lost 20 lbs (168.2 to 148.2) 40 day- average loss of .5
    R3 lost 22.4 lbs (142.8 to 126.4) 46 days -ave loss of .48 added 1/2&1/2, half way through average dropped.
    R4 lost 8.8 lbs (132.8 to 124) 26 days (used 1/2&1/2) average loss .33
    R5 lost 10lbs (133.2 to 123.2) 34 days w/ PI and upped calories.LDW 123.2

Quote Originally Posted by tanyamac View Post
    well, i ate my high protien burger day all day yesterday and then ate a sugar free low carb ice cream bar and gained a pound. dumb me! I thought maybe i wouldnt gain from it. but, nooooo of course i would. so being good all day today again. so tired of being good.
    I feel that if you're in P4 and you're in your weight zone (that's what I call being within the 2lbs of your LIW, lol) and you want a treat, get the real thing. Have a real ice cream bar or a real piece of chocolate and leave the sugarfree crap alone. I think the garbage in the fake stuff is worse for you than the real deal, like ice cream of sugar, cream, butterfat. So have some, really enjoy it and then go back to your healthy way of eating. Plus, having a serving of real ice cream is so much more satisfying than having a bucket of the fake crap, that I think you will be satisfied with a lot less!

R/P/M
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    I feel that if you're in P4 and you're in your weight zone (that's what I call being within the 2lbs of your LIW, lol) and you want a treat, get the real thing. Have a real ice cream bar or a real piece of chocolate and leave the sugarfree crap alone. I think the garbage in the fake stuff is worse for you than the real deal, like ice cream of sugar, cream, butterfat. So have some, really enjoy it and then go back to your healthy way of eating. Plus, having a serving of real ice cream is so much more satisfying than having a bucket of the fake crap, that I think you will be satisfied with a lot less!
    Well said. I learned that the fake stuff breaks out my eczema and the real doesn't. Great post.
    I agree, our bodies are made to digest and eat the "real" food out there, not the chemically altered to look like "real" food.
    DeAnne

R/P/M
    seventh/Rx injections
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    Mini,
    Right on!!!! We "dieters" all learned to eat "crap" from the low fat swindle that the dietocrats told us would make us lose weight and get healthy.......

What I have learned from all of this is to eat real food: the more that you can eat real food: none of that lowfat stuff you buy in the stores the healthier and more satisfied you will be with the food you are putting into your bodies! Have you ever read the ingredients in that fake lowfat food? Scary stuff. Better yet: make your own ice cream.

My husband and I had always eaten "pretty" healthy or so we thought: mostly organic but still sugars and carbs and wheat (which we have discovered he blows up from)....with occasional binges on "treats" like Five Guys burgers and fries.....after my third HCG round and his first we are now truly commited to no sugar, no starch and gluten free stuff.

It seems daunting at first but god, we feel so much better and now when we go back to a morsel of other foods....like yesterday, I took a spoonful of the taste at Costco of their Cape Cod "Chicken" salad. Yuck, all it tasted like was sugar and some sort of gummy substance and I spit it out and threw away the rest of the sample. For those interested check out the Paleo and Primal diets stuff and the weston a price foundation info. You will run so fast from lowfat and right into nutritious yumminess!
    Candice
    "nothing tastes as good as thin feels!"

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Injections
    Ok, this thread has been very helpful to me over the past week or so, I've been stalking, but decided to come out in the open. I've been P4 for about 6 weeks and more or less stabilized. There have been events, weddings, etc. where I went up and did high protein low carb days which worked well. I've done a couple of steak days, and yes, I am one that they work well for. However, I have been debating about starting a second, short round to lose another 10 pounds. I feel amazing and am very happy with the 23 pounds I lost with HCG, however, I have always wanted to get back into the 130's. I'm 5'7" and 145, I work out a lot so it is pretty solid but I know 135 is still well withing healthy ranges for me.

4 my Blessings - your comments about having gone through buying all new clothes and feeling great and now doing it again for a smaller, yet still healthy, size is exactly what I am aiming for. I am going to see if it is possible to do it without another short round.

I did protein powder mixed with water twice yesterday (18G protein each) then Tuna and mayo for lunch, grilled chicken breast and salad (goat cheese and walnuts, balsamic dressing) for dinner, 100 ounces of water and dropped 2.2 today. I do find that high protein days always do well for me.

I am going to do a steak day today and then tuna day later this week.

Thank you so VERY much for the feedback, I didn't mind doing another round because I know HCG works, I just didn't want to have to go back through all the stabilizing phases. I will keep reporting findings, I do seem to have a better handle on my triggers for gaining (darn tortilla chips!).

R/P/M
    Quote Originally Posted by desertdream View Post
    Ok, this thread has been very helpful to me over the past week or so, I've been stalking, but decided to come out in the open. I've been P4 for about 6 weeks and more or less stabilized. There have been events, weddings, etc. where I went up and did high protein low carb days which worked well. I've done a couple of steak days, and yes, I am one that they work well for. However, I have been debating about starting a second, short round to lose another 10 pounds. I feel amazing and am very happy with the 23 pounds I lost with HCG, however, I have always wanted to get back into the 130's. I'm 5'7" and 145, I work out a lot so it is pretty solid but I know 135 is still well withing healthy ranges for me.

4 my Blessings - your comments about having gone through buying all new clothes and feeling great and now doing it again for a smaller, yet still healthy, size is exactly what I am aiming for. I am going to see if it is possible to do it without another short round.

I did protein powder mixed with water twice yesterday (18G protein each) then Tuna and mayo for lunch, grilled chicken breast and salad (goat cheese and walnuts, balsamic dressing) for dinner, 100 ounces of water and dropped 2.2 today. I do find that high protein days always do well for me.

I am going to do a steak day today and then tuna day later this week.

Thank you so VERY much for the feedback, I didn't mind doing another round because I know HCG works, I just didn't want to have to go back through all the stabilizing phases. I will keep reporting findings, I do seem to have a better handle on my triggers for gaining (darn tortilla chips!).
    So happy to read this thread and WTG. And just for the record I know that my body belong right at this weight. One way I can tell is that I did a SD after over eating at a kids party, pizza diet soda, and cake to be exact. I felt so sick that night and the next day and I told my husband I'm going to do a SD really just to detox because I feel so sick. Well, I always, lose 3-4 pounds and I lost 1.4. I feel that my body likes this weight no matter what. I'm just eating regular today, will report +/- tomorrow.

Glad I decided to share what I've been doing.
    DeAnne

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast