Popular Pages

Thread: Phase 4 and gaining. Any help?

Phase 4 and gaining. Any help?

I did two rounds of HCG and have been in phase 4 for almost 2 months and I feel like I am walking on eggshells.
    I traveled a bunch and gained a bit. I feel like half of the days in phase 4 have been correction days. I even
    neglected the scale for a while because it was too painful to watch. I was up 8lbs from my LDW and thought
    that was startling until I went out to eat - vegetarian Thai food - and wine and my weight the next day was
    15 lbs over. I went from 158.8 to 165.9 over night, my LDW being 150. I checked my scale with a 5lb weight
    and it seems to be working just fine. I do have food allergies. I checked with the restaurant and none of my
    known allergies were in my dish. I have been working out, mostly cardio, for two and a half weeks, almost daily,
    sometimes a little weight training. I eat high protein, low carb and mostly clean and organic.

Why all this gaining? Does anybody have any answers or suggestions or experience like this that they found a way
    to manage?

I did a mac nut day yesterday and am down to 162 and am doing a mac nut day today. I leave for vacation
    in a few days and I am concerned about eating out and drinking wine and seriously I feel like I am walking
    on eggshells.

Did I reset anything? Am I doing something wrong? Did I not do something right?

R/P/M
    R1/P3/150 iu SQ injections
    Well, there is zero chance that your overnight weight gain was from food, as you need to burn about 3500 calories to burn one pound of fat. So conversely, you would have had to take in 24,500 calories. So it stands to reason that your body has reacted to something for that one weight gain. As for the gradual gain, I would guess that came from some sort of food reaction, or even something as simple as taking in more calories in a day than your body can burn (simple calories in = calories out). I personally am of the belief that simply taking hCG doesn't suddenly give your body "permission" to eat radically more calories than your body can burn efficiently on an ongoing basis; after being pregnant 5 times, I just feel that there has been enough hCG in my body off-and-on that it doesn't affect my body once it has all metabolized out.

You say you do have food allergies. What are they?

What is a macadamia nut day?
    Start Date R1/ P1: 01/29/2012
    VLC#1: 1/31/2012
    Start weight: 161.4 End load 164.2
    VLCW1: - 10.4 VLCW2: -4.6 VLCW3: -1.0 VLCW4.75: -3.4 VLCW5: -3.6 VLCW6: -4.4
    Total Lost: 27.4
    LIW 136.8
    Adjusted LIW 133.0
    VLC1-3: +.2 P3W1: +2.6 P3W2: -2.4 P3W4: +1.8

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    I agree with bad kitty, you can't gain that much weight over night unless it's water weight and some inflammatory reaction. Your screen name suggests you are a vegetarian, and you mentioned vegetarian thai food. Many vegetables are loaded with carbs, and thai food tends to have peanuts in it....a verrrrry common allergen.....plus high in carbs and fat. There might be sugar and peanut oil in the sauce....combined with a boat load of salt. But, this is clearly a food reaction....I'd try going back to simple foods, then adding one thing in at a time until you see what it or they are that are the culprits.
    Last edited by ILuvKats; August 19th, 2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.

Thanks for your response. A macadamia nut day is when you only eat macadamia nuts all day. One once, five times throughout the day. There are Vlogs about how to do it. It helps you flush fat. I supplement with a some whey protein. I have allergies to soy, wheat, hops, walnuts, sesame and casein. I thought soy oil was okay since I read that if you're allergic to soy, it is usually just the protein and not the oil, but I am beginning to suspect soy oil. I phoned the restaurant beforehand and they said the curry I had was clear of those things. I mean it was really only just a few veggies, coconut milk and brown rice. I hardly eat carbs since HCG but I would like to think that I could have a meal with rice every once in a while. I actually hardly even eat vegetables at this point. Trying to get everything under control with protein and fat. I think salt could be an issue but don't know why my weight didn't go back to 'normal-ish' the day after. I did sample my friend's dish that had tofu in it and even though I didn't specifically eat the tofu maybe that gave me a reaction. I am going to try to normalize on salads and protein while I'm on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvKats View Post
    I agree with bad kitty, you can't gain that much weight over night unless it's water weight and some inflammatory reaction. Your screen name suggests you are a vegetarian, and you mentioned vegetarian thai food. Many vegetables are loaded with carbs, and thai food tends to have peanuts in it....a verrrrry common allergen.....plus high in carbs and fat. There might be sugar and peanut oil in the sauce....combined with a boat load of salt. But, this is clearly a food reaction....I'd try going back to simple foods, then adding one thing in at a time until you see what it or they are that are the culprits.

I'd say you're probably right about the salt and sugar. I will be eating out all next week. I will try to keep it very simple. Thank you.