Popular Pages

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Be True P4

R/P/M
    R5P2 homeopathic drops
    Hey just jumping in, today is technically my first day of P4, but I ate carbs yesterday and was up today. High protein today to bring it down and steak day tomorrow if not. Not a good way to start but I know I can bring it down considering my last gain of 11lbs that I got down!

R/P/M
    R1/P4/HCG Drops
    Quote Originally Posted by Julz5582 View Post
    Hey just jumping in, today is technically my first day of P4, but I ate carbs yesterday and was up today. High protein today to bring it down and steak day tomorrow if not. Not a good way to start but I know I can bring it down considering my last gain of 11lbs that I got down!
    I've been in P4 for 8 weeks and finally figured out why I couldn't stablize at my LDW or even 2 lbs. within......CARBS!!! Yep, I am totally carb intolerant and now eat only the berries (low glycemic fruit) low glycemic veggies, no wheat whatsoever and no breads/starches or sugar. Lots of protein and good fats. I don't even put hwc in my coffee anymore but that's ok....once in awhile I will slurge...have to!!! but I know now what I have to do to get back on track. Also know that lots of water and exercise keep me in check. Like I said, at first I was eating lots of eggs and yogurt and found that I can only eat those very minimally as well. Also have to watch what I put in my smoothies...not too much fruit, so I mix with veggies and I'm good! I can eat almonds and sometimes pecans. Anyway, glad to be here and check in with you guys!!

Peg
    Load Days: Feb. 16 & 17th
    Start Date: Feb. 18th

Peg

R/P/M
    hHCG R5/P2
    What do you use for your coffee ? I'm ok on the hwc but it's very high in calories. Before hHCG I used half and half or coffee mate plain creamer. I'm trying to find ways to cut back a little of the extra fat. Still wondering what to do with butter, salad dressing ? Are you still on the full fat version of these ?

So far P3 has taught me that I have to keep it clean. If I go crazy "mixing" even P3 foods I'll gain. I'm planning on adding a sweet potato which still has me at 4 % carb. Hopefully I can add some low carb bread & see what happens. I don't know, it all depends how the scale treats me next week. Who would of thought eating could be so complicated !!
    Goal 120 (highest weight 248 Jan. 2012)
    MediWeightloss Clinic, lost 52.4 lbs
    R1 hHCG lost 27.5 lbs.
    R2 hHCG lost 17 lbs from LDW 29.6 from loading
    R3 hHCG lost 21.4 from LDW 29.6 from loading
    LDW 129.2 total lost 119 lbs !!
    Next Round Jan 2013

R/P/M
    hHCG R5/P2
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinan View Post
    Checking in

I've technically been in P4 for a week but so far have only added Almonds, stringer beans and 1 square inch of boiled potato with no adverse reactions and 1 Ryevita cracker which put me up the next day. Lasered it and still have to try it again.

I've never eaten sweet potato and would love to try it. Does anyone have a 'safe' way of cooking it for me? They're obtainable in the shops here - though they cost an arm and a leg - and it sounds better than trying regular potatoes carbwise. Do you eat them like regular ones? I mean with meat and veggies?
    Wow I never knew sweet potatos could be expensive. I just bought a bag of 4 from my local Aldi's for $1.99. First time I'm going to bake in aluminum foil with butter & cinammon (sp). If ok I plan on making them like french fries. I've also just mashed them up with butter & a little sour cream - delish !
    R1 hHCG lost 27.5 lbs.
    Next Round Jan 2013

R/P/M
    hHCG R5/P2
    Quote Originally Posted by PSer View Post
    Just a quick check in. I had a gain this morning. Ate out at a shoot yesterday, a 65th Class Reunion! It was fun! I had pie and ice cream. I know. . . But I thought maybe since I only had a week of P4 left I could start trying sugar. FAIL

For those of you who have been down this road before. What do we do after P4? Will we be able to eat anything again? (in moderation, of course) I do plan on another round and hope to stabilize better. (not going to go on any trips during P3!) Will steak days be a part of our life forever? The main photographer was asking me questions about it yesterday and I wasn't too sure? I would hate to go through this and then have the weight creep back on.
    I have another round the 3rd week of August & hope to get to my first goal. I've been thinking how I want to eat after I get to my "real" goal. Reality is IF I can lose 30 lbs next round I'll get down to my goal. But I would like to do a short round & lose another 15 to get down to 125 ! I haven't told anyone that, not even my hubby yet. Everytime I say I need to lose another 30 or 40 lbs I get the "look" but I can share here

I've thought of staying "low carb" . I think I can handle that. I've also read a little about the 17 day diet's maintenance plans. I've read about this other diet Dukan (sp) that has a protein day once a week for maintenance that sounds interesting. I get the feeling the scale and I are going to be in a long standing relationship until I die lol The key I think is to catch it in time & do "something" about it (fasting/steak day/vlcd/high protein) whatever works for you to rein it back in when we gain too much weight.
    R1 hHCG lost 27.5 lbs.
    Next Round Jan 2013

R/P/M
    R2/P4/hhcg
    Quote Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
    What do you use for your coffee ? I'm ok on the hwc but it's very high in calories. Before hHCG I used half and half or coffee mate plain creamer. I'm trying to find ways to cut back a little of the extra fat. Still wondering what to do with butter, salad dressing ? Are you still on the full fat version of these ?

So far P3 has taught me that I have to keep it clean. If I go crazy "mixing" even P3 foods I'll gain. I'm planning on adding a sweet potato which still has me at 4 % carb. Hopefully I can add some low carb bread & see what happens. I don't know, it all depends how the scale treats me next week. Who would of thought eating could be so complicated !!
    The cal. in HWC are of no concern unless you really indulge beyond reasonable. Fat does not make you fat. The wrong carbs do. Half in half can be too much carbs for those who are insulin resistant (or carb intolerant which is the same thing). If you are insulin resistant, carbs will signal the body to make a huge amount of insulin which will make it store those carbs as fat. it also means that you are carb burning and not fat burning, which is a preferred state of our bodies. Not ketosis though, which is fine for a while, but different from a fat burning body. A healthy fat burning body will be able to switch to carb burning and back when there are carbs available without consequences. A carb buying body will always struggle between using the energy too fat, storing some and wasting some, always needing more to feel energized. I posted a really neat article by Mark Sisson somewhere on the forum. I will see if I can dig it up.

People with insulin resistance can heal this metabolic issue in many cases, but it takes time. Basically, it is the precursor to type II diabetes.

Round 1 ended 3/25 30
    Round 2 ended 6/27 26
    LDW 185.8

8/17 started high fat/adequate protein/low carb diet (nutritional ketosis):
    Starting weight: 185.4
    11/19 168.6

R/P/M
    R2/p4--drops
    Haven PIZZA tonight. Looking forward to two slices. I'm hopeful I can stop at two. and that I will not have to much of a gain from it. Will fined out in the morning or the next day. Not to worry about it. I been out side in 100 heat for a few hours and just sweated like a piggy. Does not take much to over heat, when working in this type of weather. Hot and humid. I'm ready for fall temps but will be a while for that still.

R/P/M
    R2/P4/hhcg
    Here it is:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/what-...e-fat-adapted/

Very enlightening and to me explains why P3 is so important and why if we are fat-adapted, a certain amount of crabs won't be a problem.

Round 1 ended 3/25 30
    Round 2 ended 6/27 26
    LDW 185.8

8/17 started high fat/adequate protein/low carb diet (nutritional ketosis):
    Starting weight: 185.4
    11/19 168.6

R/P/M
    R5/PH2/hHCG
    Reporting in for duty..and learning....

Thanks Mrs for the article on fat-adapters....I could answer the right way on 3 out of 4...so hopefully I'm almost there.
    One foot in front of the other, each day a new opportunity for success.

Rnd 1 (40 day)
    Ph 2 total loss 33.6

Rnd 2 (40 day)
    Ph 2 total loss 25.2

Rnd 3 (30 day)
    Ph 2 total loss 15.4

Rnd 4 (24 day)
    Ph 2 Total Loss 21.6

Rnd 5 (23 day planned)
    Ph1 ended at +3.2 LDW
    Ph2 ended (-13.2)
    LDW 144.2

R/P/M
    P3 / GOAL!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. View Post
    Here it is:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/what-...e-fat-adapted/

Very enlightening and to me explains why P3 is so important and why if we are fat-adapted, a certain amount of crabs won't be a problem.
    Mrs, you know I love and respect you GF so I hope you don't mind me calling you out on your typo. Thanks for a good laugh! We have some fun around here don't we?!
    Maria ~ GOAL!!!
    5'2 - Went from a Size 14/16 to a Size 4/6

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast