Popular Pages

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Be True P4

R/P/M
    r3/p3
    Quote Originally Posted by MeganP View Post
    Monica - sounds like a busy year awaits you! Good luck
    Mrs- let us know if it helps best wishes with the cross fit

Afm- well I'm uP again :/ guess no almonds for me ! It's okay thought they made my tounge feel weird :/ definite allergy I didn't eat many but about 15 so up .8 today 137.3 dang it I refuse to adjust my ticker... I'm going to
    Try a if day but with fish for dinner ... Sigh do you think I could add in another Julian workout ? I want to so I'm wondering if I added ripped in 30 or 6 to six pack if that would help? I'm worried I'll work certain parts to much and not others but havent researched other videos yet . Also yesterday was workout to , I modified it slightly as I started out with 8 lb weights haha and today I'm not as sore . Was yesterday after the workout though . The geese are flying away this morning and I once again had no hot water.

Hope everyone has a nice day
    Last time I did Jillian's workouts I gained 2 lbs in a week. There is definitely some bulking up with her workout. When I do certain workouts like Zumba, running, bar method or pilates then I don't gain. When I do anything really muscle developing, I gain weight. It usually just stays at about 2 lbs for me. But I do end up a little smaller in the end. Hopefully it is the almonds and you will just drop it if you don't eat them. Don't worry, you are at a great weight.
    Monica

R1 - 27 lbs lost (LDW 150)
    R2 - 14.6 lbs lost (LDW 135.4)
    R3- 15.9 lbs lost (LIW 134)

R/P/M
    R1/P4/HCG Drops
    Quote Originally Posted by MeganP View Post
    I honestly dont know , i should of waited on the almonds...im getting discouraged i cant seem to find a happy balance with gaining/loosing after tomo i wont weight till my next level. i wont be eating almonds again tho i looked up my fuzzy tounge feeling and its an actual allergy :/

Also super job on the if day! did you eat as much as say a steak day?
    Megan: The only thing I ate was 1 1/2 chicken breast cooked in lots of butter and steamed broccoli. I also ate some cocoa crack and had hwc in my coffee in the morning....72 oz of water as well.
    Load Days: Feb. 16 & 17th
    Start Date: Feb. 18th

Peg

:o
    R/P/M
    r1/p3/drops!
    Blog Entries
    Thanks monica, ill bare that in mind it could be a number of things as toms here, thus why i wont weight haha
    peg thanks, i think im going to do mine with fish so wanted a rough idea about how much youd eaten haha.

Start - 150.1
    134.9- adjusted ldw
    ?????-weight in the 25th of august (updated daily)

-Megan

R/P/M
    r1/p3/drops!
    Blog Entries
    Today is a day of firsts for me

-woke up with no pain from the shred, wether this is from the l-carnitne or the awesome backmassage from my boyfriend ill never know
    -didnt weight :/ ah this felt so wrong! ill be weighting on the 25 as well as taking my measurements again, seems to me ive been using it as punishment/reward and its taking over my happyness/mood for the day! not good
    -drove on the wrong side of the road...legally due to construction...that felt really really wrong ! but bad arse hehe

last day of work before 3 off...last days the 31st so crazy how quickly summer went by.
    have a good day guys
    Last edited by MeganP; August 18th, 2012 at 07:29 AM.

Start - 150.1
    134.9- adjusted ldw

-Megan

R/P/M
    P3/P4 forever.... and ever, wirh no grains!
    Blog Entries

Re: Be True P4

Quote Originally Posted by KimTX View Post

I hope you don't mind the intrusion! I feel like I don't have a place to land and I still want support as I work my way into a new way of life.
    Hi Kim!

Congrats on your spectacular results! I STILL visit this forum because it's so great to stay connected and encouraged/motivated. Everyone is so helpful.
    Last edited by Carry2010; August 18th, 2012 at 07:49 AM.
    Start 6/3/2011 @ 165.25'7'' - 49 yo
    R1=31.6# lost; .548#/day average loss, 7/28/2011 LIW=137.6
    R2=12.40 lost; .4133/day average loss; 11/16/2011 LIW=126
    R3=13# lost; .464/day average loss; 3/16/2013 LIW=126 - age 51

R/P/M
    R2/P4/hhcg
    Phfew, down one pound today. Didn't do an IF day yet, so it remains unclear what caused the almost 4 pound gain over the last week, but I will keep a close eye with a few foods in order to figure it out.

Still doing an IF day on Sunday to go down more.

Round 1 ended 3/25 30
    Round 2 ended 6/27 26
    LDW 185.8

8/17 started high fat/adequate protein/low carb diet (nutritional ketosis):
    Starting weight: 185.4
    11/19 168.6

Hi!!! What a coincidence! I was just about to contact you via FB and ask a Q! i decided to ask it here too, and here you are!

Here's my question. Yesterday I realized I was eating a ton of fat. I had two cups bp coffee for breakfast (sometimes I eat an egg with breakfast, but only if I'm hungry), lunch was tomatoes & mozz with basil & olive oil & balsamic and an apple with almond butter. I got hungry a few hours later and had 2 sunny side up eggs cooked in butter. Dinner was mexican food where I took out the brisket and melted monty-jack cheese out of the corn tortillas and put that on top of the side salad. It had a fatty dressing and avocados & more grated cheese. One glass of wine with dinner. And, for the first time, I had 85% cacao chocolate from Trader Joes! 2 squares.

Myfitness pal says that was 12% carb, 17% protein, and 71% fat. In p3, it was pretty common to get that much fat. But, as I go along, should I be watching that? I didn't have a gain today, but I realize it might take a few days to show if I were to gain from a day of eating like that. i've been eating p4 for a few days now and holding steady. I realize that I needed lots of fat in p3 so my body wouldn't go into starvation mode, put in p4, should the protein increase and the fats drop a little?

edited to add: I can taste ketosis in my mouth almost everyday. It's confirmed by urine tests at the Dr's office where I got my hcg, but I don't have strips at home, I've just learned to recognize the taste. I don't know what that means as far as this way of life goes. I understand it's my body burning fat (at least I think so), but my Dr's office said it was bad for my kidneys and I needed to up my carbs. Thoughts?

Your advice is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Carry2010 View Post
    Hi Kim!

Congrats on your spectacular results! I STILL visit this forum because it's so great to stay connected and encouraged/motivated. Everyone is so helpful.
    Last edited by KimTX; August 18th, 2012 at 09:59 AM.

Carry2010 and I are neighbors, but we didn't know we were both hcg peeps until I stumbled on her avatar on here! Before she moved, she lived next door to me for the 8 years I've been in my house, so I recognized that for sale sign and the house, and of course, her as well. Let me tell you, she looks AWESOME in person. I have seen her go from looking healthy and "fine" to FINE! haha! So, she's an inspiration to me.

R/P/M
    r1/p3/drops!
    Blog Entries
    Kim-My advice is you drop a lil protein when adding carbs i was eating 2200 ish calories a day, but have since dropped as i really barley eat 1300 on a regular bases before and now in phase 4. really its how your body reacts, i dont suggest calorie counting never have never will.

Warning Rant (skip if your having a happy day/dont care)

Im so mad right now\! i hate friends when they dont support you...my friend think im "boring" and gets mad im loosing weight... when i explain im excering and living paleo basically she freaks out and says thats unhealthy. I want my real friends back,,the ones who excerise and believe in nutrition and dont get snippy with people who loose weight with determination and dont give up. SOrry ill stop now im just so fustrated.
    Last edited by MeganP; August 18th, 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Start - 150.1
    134.9- adjusted ldw

-Megan

R/P/M
    R2/P4/hhcg
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTX View Post
    Hi!!! What a coincidence! I was just about to contact you via FB and ask a Q! i decided to ask it here too, and here you are!

Here's my question. Yesterday I realized I was eating a ton of fat. I had two cups bp coffee for breakfast (sometimes I eat an egg with breakfast, but only if I'm hungry), lunch was tomatoes & mozz with basil & olive oil & balsamic and an apple with almond butter. I got hungry a few hours later and had 2 sunny side up eggs cooked in butter. Dinner was mexican food where I took out the brisket and melted monty-jack cheese out of the corn tortillas and put that on top of the side salad. It had a fatty dressing and avocados & more grated cheese. One glass of wine with dinner. And, for the first time, I had 85% cacao chocolate from Trader Joes! 2 squares.

Myfitness pal says that was 12% carb, 17% protein, and 71% fat. In p3, it was pretty common to get that much fat. But, as I go along, should I be watching that? I didn't have a gain today, but I realize it might take a few days to show if I were to gain from a day of eating like that. i've been eating p4 for a few days now and holding steady. I realize that I needed lots of fat in p3 so my body wouldn't go into starvation mode, put in p4, should the protein increase and the fats drop a little?

edited to add: I can taste ketosis in my mouth almost everyday. It's confirmed by urine tests at the Dr's office where I got my hcg, but I don't have strips at home, I've just learned to recognize the taste. I don't know what that means as far as this way of life goes. I understand it's my body burning fat (at least I think so), but my Dr's office said it was bad for my kidneys and I needed to up my carbs. Thoughts?

Your advice is appreciated!
    I think the goal should be 'fat-adapted' not ketosis. Ketosis is ok for a while, but not long term. Mark's daily apple has some great posts about ketosis and fat adaptation. Here is one:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/what-...#axzz23v02Xx00

Your protein is really low, imo. My general numbers are 70/25/5 in percentages for staying fat adapted. This is P3 and P4. I don't eat grains and eat a little starch on occasion. If you do eat more carbs, then you need to reduce the fat intake from what I understand, or you will gain.

I am not in ketosis as far as I know and go in and out of fat burning easily, depending on what I eat. I try and keep higher carbs foods for the morning. I have noticed it makes a difference.

That is funny that you were neighbors!

Round 1 ended 3/25 30
    Round 2 ended 6/27 26
    LDW 185.8

8/17 started high fat/adequate protein/low carb diet (nutritional ketosis):
    Starting weight: 185.4
    11/19 168.6