Popular Pages

Page 52 of 166 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the P4 Lounge

R/P/M
    R 7 (clean up round), P 2, HHCG
    Blog Entries
    Hey everyone, I've been offline for a few weeks but I'm back. Starting my second week of P4 and so far so good. I've found I can have a day or two of starches or sugars (as long as I don't overdo it) and then I have to back off for a day or two and I'm fine. I did try lasagna today for the first time. We will see what tomorrow brings.....

lis
    R/P/M
    Life maintenance R5/hhcg
    Today is my first "real" day of P4. I decided to add whole berry cranberry sauce . Yeah....good choice Lisa. It was the only thing I was really craving that I didn't try before. It will be interesting to see what happens on the scale tomorrow.
    I had a ton of almonds today...but not much else regarding protein. I had some turkey soup with veggies. I skipped on the pasta I added. Oh well...so what's a steak day every other day, right?
    Jeremiah 29:11 Blessings, Lisa

Hi everyone!
    I'm back from my wonderful Thanksgiving weekend running from family to family. It was busy and tiring, but oh-so-much fun! I'm ending my first week on P4, but I've definitely been having too much sugars/starches this weekend and not enough protein. I haven't eaten near as much as holidays in the past, but have definitely eaten way too much for my new healthy eating habits!

I snacked and nibbled more this weekend. I think it was a combination of the environment, getting sick, and TOM coming later this week. So I know that because of the sick and TOM reasons I'm also naturally retaining more water, and retaining more because of the naughty naughty food.

So, on to some high protein days for me! I just finished hard boiling some eggs and baking lots of chicken breasts!

rockymountain--welcome back!
    mama maui--hope that you start stabilizing soon--how frustrating!! Can't wait til we're all doing P2 again together in January!
    Colleen--Yay for you on the compliments!!! My family noticed too; it was such a nice feeling! In-laws didn't say a word about it, which kind of made me feel bad, even though it definitely should not have. Isn't it funny how we so badly want people to notice!?!

It was nice catching up on the last couple of days of chatting on here. Sounds like everyone's doing very well! Barb and Iluvkats--thanks for all the great tips!

Metz

Welcome back Metz and Rockymountain, missed you.

Great job on the compliments Metz, you should feel good that your family made positive comments. The inlaws maybe were not sure or maybe embarrassed to say anything??

Well, so far so good for steak day number OneThousand,NinehundredandFive. That's what it feels like but, I'm determined! I did not come all this way to gain.

See you all tomorrow, Hugs

I haven't posted in a really long time- but I hate to because I am up- so depressing. Entered P4 last Wednesday and Thanksgiving was a disaster. Not to mention the 2 days following that. We had lots of dinner parties and bad food. So I had stabilized about 2.5 pounds above LIW and now I am 5 pounds above that! So, I guess we'll do high protein from now until forever and then maybe when I start another round the end of January life will improve. I am just hoping that Christmas is not as big of a disaster as Thanksgiving was.
    Congrats to all of you that are stable and being smart about gradually adding things in!

lis
    R/P/M
    Life maintenance R5/hhcg
    Ok...so obviously the beginning of P4 is like the beginning of P3. Unless some things get "moving" I'm doing a steak day. Then I'll be "mooooooooovinig" in a different way with Calvin.

I'm right there with you semaj! But we'll get there--have faith!! I had weighed in fine on Friday, but looking back from then until Sunday, I didn't have NEAR enough protein! Lots and lots and LOTS of carbs! I was thinking about Thanksgiving dinners--I don't know about you guys' dinners, but at ours turkey and ham are the ONLY protein at the table. From there we have sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, fruit salad (and of course it has cool whip and marshmallows!), rolls, green bean casserole, spaghetti corn, etc. etc. etc. It's completely loaded with carbs!! And that doesn't even cover the desserts! Anyhoo, I didn't eat enough protein, and now I'm onto a few high protein days in a row! That's okay though, I'm ready to get rid of this bloated feeling and see the scale back at the right spot!

So I'm at work, 3 hard boiled eggs into my morning. I've got a few more eggs and 2 chicken breasts with me. I also brought some quac. with me to put on the chicken breast--suppose that will be okay? It's the Schwan's kind--the avocado half with a few tomatoes and a little seasoning in the pit area--when ready to eat you smoosh it all together.

Metz

lis
    R/P/M
    Life maintenance R5/hhcg
    Well, things moved, but still steakday. And my tummy looks so bloated today like I'm 3 months along. Which is a medical impossibility. My legal name is Mary...but that ain't happ'nin' .

Metz- I am so glad to hear I am not the only one! And I totally agree with the bloated feeling. If nothing else, this diet makes you realize how bad some food makes you feel. It still tastes really good while you are eating it- but afterwards- your tummy does not agree with your taste buds!

MMMOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *WAIT no come back Butter Cup, I need you!!* yep, steak day officiale today. i had taco soup for dinner, i am guessing too much sodium from the seasonings and chips. u know, i am amazed that i can eat cheddar fries and gain nothing but somethign like taco soup will make me gain 2 lbs overnight! lol at first i thought it was a possible corn allergen, but when i ate tortilla chips and salsa friday nothing happend. . . . . maybe it was the pieces of corn AND beans in the soup . . . . . who knows! what i CAN say is that at least a steak day is built into this protocol for days like this and THANKFULLY steak days work for me. besides, looks like i am in good company guys. . . . . we are all having an interesting p4, huh? lol here's to a big fat ribeye for dinner, yum! )but i LOVE U Butter Cup(