Popular Pages

Thread: Slow Loser~ 25 days and only 5 pounds lost.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries

Slow Loser~ 25 days and only 5 pounds lost.

I cheated 2x in 25 days and I still only lost 5 pounds. I am hypo thyroid and take armour thyroid. I think this diet only works for people who normally eat alot of food. Before doing hcg I was eating between 800-1200 calories a day so I was never a big eater. I was on a dr. monitored Hcg diet with the pink pellets. Dr. says at 171 pounds and 5'4 that I am obese. I don't think I am obese just overweight and I really don't understand why I weigh this much and can't lose. Maybe I am just meant to be this size since nothing seems to work. I have been trying for 10 years to lose and I am disappointed that this doesn't even work.

I have tried:
    Jenny Craig-(too much food)
    Medifast-
    Saddhkin diet
    Maple syrup diet
    water fast
    juice fast
    exercise classes
    weight training
    Jillian michaels
    Weight Watchers
    fruit diet
    Vege diet
    diet for your blood type
    body for life
    Atkins- 1 year
    Cookie diet
    Slim fast
    Cabbage soup diet
    apple cider diet
    raw foods diet
    south beach diet
    I am sure there are others but you get the picture. I am so exhausted from trying. I guess I just got to give up and get used to how I am. Is anyone out there in my same boat?

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Drops
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingly View Post
    I cheated 2x in 25 days and I still only lost 5 pounds. I am hypo thyroid and take armour thyroid. I think this diet only works for people who normally eat alot of food. Before doing hcg I was eating between 800-1200 calories a day so I was never a big eater. I was on a dr. monitored Hcg diet with the pink pellets. Dr. says at 171 pounds and 5'4 that I am obese. I don't think I am obese just overweight and I really don't understand why I weigh this much and can't lose. Maybe I am just meant to be this size since nothing seems to work. I have been trying for 10 years to lose and I am disappointed that this doesn't even work.

I have tried:
    Jenny Craig-(too much food)
    Medifast-
    Saddhkin diet
    Maple syrup diet
    water fast
    juice fast
    exercise classes
    weight training
    Jillian michaels
    Weight Watchers
    fruit diet
    Vege diet
    diet for your blood type
    body for life
    Atkins- 1 year
    Cookie diet
    Slim fast
    Cabbage soup diet
    apple cider diet
    raw foods diet
    south beach diet
    I am sure there are others but you get the picture. I am so exhausted from trying. I guess I just got to give up and get used to how I am. Is anyone out there in my same boat?

I'm certainly no doctor, but I'll offer what info I can from my own situation.

I gained 35 pounds shortly after I turned 40. I thought it was initially from a "meltdown" I had over not having dealt with some past issues. I dealt with them and moved forward.

I'm now 47 and during the past 7 years, nothing I did allowed me to get rid of those 35 pounds. I've 5'7" and at that weight was considered overweight to obese as well. I knew I had to get rid of the extra pounds because I'm high risk for breast cancer. I spent 2.5 years with a personal trainer 3 days a week, aerobics another 3 days a week...increased my strength and stamina...did NOTHING for the weight.

I, like you, have never been a big eater. In fact, my personal trainer made me start eating whole foods rather than my mostly liquid on the run diet I'd been accustomed to.

I hate dieting (in fact, I've refused to do so because I know I won't stick with it) so have always been in search of a 'way to eat' that will work for me. I've used almost every "diet pill" on the market from green tea to fat burners...stuff from $15 a bottle to $150 a bottle...even used Amberen for a month thinking it must be hormones. Still nothing....

So, here I sit on Round 2 of hhcg, Day 14 I believe...7 pounds lighter. I lost a total of 12 pounds on Round 1 (45 days), followed the stabilizing protocol to a tee...and had no issues on the maintenance regardless of where or what I ate (in fact, stuffing my face for the load phase for Round 2...I still didn't go over my 2 pound gain from my set weight).

Now, I don't tell you about my hCG success to make you feel bad. I know it doesn't necessarily work for everyone. But I also know there's a ton of factors to look at before you give up and resign yourself to an overweight life.

The type of hcg makes a difference.
    Writing down exactly what you're eating (and weighing it!) makes a difference.

hCG aside, I'm guessing from your post that you'd start losing if you actually increased your calories. After my trainer (who had me at 1200 calories the whole time), I spent months reading forums and blogs (a LOT of great info over at BeachBody.com...yes, I LOVE their workouts and I hate working out!). But what I kept seeing here and there is the folks like you and I who couldn't lose no matter what they did. So they INCREASED their calories (healthy, lower fat foods obviously), and finally started losing weight. So, when I stopped with my trainer, I moved my calories to 1600...and started losing! So, just a thought.

Something you may want to try out. You may also check with a holistic doctor to see if your body doesn't react well to some of the things you eat. My girlfriend kept gaining and getting sicker and sicker. Doctors put her on a ton of meds. She ate healthy...grew up that way...tomatoes, veggies, raw foods and such...

Went to a Naturopath who told her the foods that she was eating (which most of us call the "healthy" ones) were killing her. That was a year and a half ago and she was at nearly 250 pounds. She's now back down to 170 I believe, off all her meds, healthy again and has her energy back, and has eliminated several foods from her life (wheat and such included so she's fairly gluten free). I'd have to call her to get more specifics.

Anyway, I'm sorry this is so long. I just hate to see people give up on their health and an active lifestyle if they don't have to. If anything in this message helps you at all to keep fighting, then it was worth the time it's taken to write!!

GenXBrat

R/P/M
    P4
    I think something else is going on with your health and metabolism that you can't lose weight. As for this diet, I generally think any cheat sets you back about a week and you've had two. So you're losing pretty slowly even with your cheats. I think it might be wise to see some sort of naturopathic doctor or nutritionist to find out if they have any ideas of what is wrong. It could be thyroid, other hormones, food allergies, or something else. I first gained 50 lbs in less than 6 months because I was hypothyroid. I wasn't eating much at that time and was exercising hours a day. How are your thyroid levels, particularly free T3 and reverse T3?

You have quite a list of diets you've tried. Your body may just be so messed up that you need to find some healthy and stable way to eat for a few years. I recommend the principles of the Weston A. Price Foundation as a way of lifetime eating. I'm sorry you're having such a struggle; it must be terribly frustrating.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for responding and the advice. @genXbrat I can't tell you how many times I have had personal trainers yell at me and tell me I am not eating enough and every time I listened to them I have gained weight. Same thing when I went to weight watchers they would say I needed to eat more points and maybe that is why i wasn't losing until they finally started saying I MUST be cheating somehow because it didn't make sense. I feel like I am being punished for being thin my whole life. I was thin more years that fat which I think makes it even harder. my aunt was heavy her entire life so she says shes used to it. As for me, I can't get used to it. My thyroid levels are fine ths is 0.89 the last time I had it checked. I had my bodyfat checked and its 29 percent which i read is considered a normal bodyfat for a woman so I am a bit confused as to why I still weigh 171 i am soo stuck. I think your right JMMRR I should just focus on weight watchers since I think that is the healthiest way to eat and stop obsessing over the number on the scale. I really wish the HCG would work for me. I wonder if maybe the pink pellets my dr gave me were just no good? I guess that is always possible.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    I want to congratulate you on your success on this diet. And thank you so much for sharing your history. I almost might want to try the hcg again after I take a little breather and figure things out. I wonder if i should try a different strain of hcg? where do you get yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by GenXBrat View Post
    I'm certainly no doctor, but I'll offer what info I can from my own situation.

I gained 35 pounds shortly after I turned 40. I thought it was initially from a "meltdown" I had over not having dealt with some past issues. I dealt with them and moved forward.

I'm now 47 and during the past 7 years, nothing I did allowed me to get rid of those 35 pounds. I've 5'7" and at that weight was considered overweight to obese as well. I knew I had to get rid of the extra pounds because I'm high risk for breast cancer. I spent 2.5 years with a personal trainer 3 days a week, aerobics another 3 days a week...increased my strength and stamina...did NOTHING for the weight.

I, like you, have never been a big eater. In fact, my personal trainer made me start eating whole foods rather than my mostly liquid on the run diet I'd been accustomed to.

I hate dieting (in fact, I've refused to do so because I know I won't stick with it) so have always been in search of a 'way to eat' that will work for me. I've used almost every "diet pill" on the market from green tea to fat burners...stuff from $15 a bottle to $150 a bottle...even used Amberen for a month thinking it must be hormones. Still nothing....

So, here I sit on Round 2 of hhcg, Day 14 I believe...7 pounds lighter. I lost a total of 12 pounds on Round 1 (45 days), followed the stabilizing protocol to a tee...and had no issues on the maintenance regardless of where or what I ate (in fact, stuffing my face for the load phase for Round 2...I still didn't go over my 2 pound gain from my set weight).

Now, I don't tell you about my hCG success to make you feel bad. I know it doesn't necessarily work for everyone. But I also know there's a ton of factors to look at before you give up and resign yourself to an overweight life.

The type of hcg makes a difference.
    Writing down exactly what you're eating (and weighing it!) makes a difference.

hCG aside, I'm guessing from your post that you'd start losing if you actually increased your calories. After my trainer (who had me at 1200 calories the whole time), I spent months reading forums and blogs (a LOT of great info over at BeachBody.com...yes, I LOVE their workouts and I hate working out!). But what I kept seeing here and there is the folks like you and I who couldn't lose no matter what they did. So they INCREASED their calories (healthy, lower fat foods obviously), and finally started losing weight. So, when I stopped with my trainer, I moved my calories to 1600...and started losing! So, just a thought.

Something you may want to try out. You may also check with a holistic doctor to see if your body doesn't react well to some of the things you eat. My girlfriend kept gaining and getting sicker and sicker. Doctors put her on a ton of meds. She ate healthy...grew up that way...tomatoes, veggies, raw foods and such...

Went to a Naturopath who told her the foods that she was eating (which most of us call the "healthy" ones) were killing her. That was a year and a half ago and she was at nearly 250 pounds. She's now back down to 170 I believe, off all her meds, healthy again and has her energy back, and has eliminated several foods from her life (wheat and such included so she's fairly gluten free). I'd have to call her to get more specifics.

Anyway, I'm sorry this is so long. I just hate to see people give up on their health and an active lifestyle if they don't have to. If anything in this message helps you at all to keep fighting, then it was worth the time it's taken to write!!

GenXBrat

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Hmm I wonder if food allergies can really affect weight loss. I never got tested for food allergies but I was recently tested for pet allergies which I have plus I am allergic to dust mites. I wonder if that could be the problem. Thanks for your input and advice

R/P/M
    R1/Ph2/HhCG
    My heart goes out to you! I to have a thyroid problem (take Synthroid every day) and am a breast cancer suvivor. I can totally relate to eating modestly and not losing weight! Before HCG, I would work for months and maybe lose 8 lbs only to gain it back when I quit seriously calorie counting. For me having to be sooo strict wears you down!

I started on the homeopathic HCG drops and was doing okay, but I wanted to KNOW I was getting the real stuff. So, mid way through I changed to Rx SQ. If you like, I can share more details through private message. This Saturday is the end of my stabalization period of Round 1. My weight loss at this point is 24 lbs. I stayed on Stage 2 for 47 days (longer because I switched from hHcg drops to Inj. Now that I've done the Inj. I wouldn't do it any other way....

Don't give up....things have to line up...is your TCH in the correct range according to your doctor? I do think this affects your metabolism BIG time.

I really feel you should consider Rx SQ before you give up on this. It could be that you are one of those who does not absorb enough under your tongue. The small needles that are used for insulin don't hurt.

Hang in there!!!

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Drops
    Blog Entries
    I used the hcg1234 for the first round and am using them again for this round. I figured why change when I had such great luck with them. The original one I bought at the local health food store. That was before the FDA started their hissy fit.

But you can still order them at the hcg1234.com site with no issues. And they're still listing the ingredients the same so that's a plus!

R/P/M
    Round 1, phase 2
    Hey meltingly--

Sounds like me--a real struggle to lose the weight for the past 12 years. I've also had issues with thyroid. I was very hyperthyroid for a long time, finally had it removed and now on the hypo side. Before doing the hcg, my husband and saw a naturopath-chiropractor and we did a 3 week detox/elimination diet--with very detailed blood chemistries done first. The tests came back as very inflamed with signs of auto immune issues as well as very vitamin and iron deficient.

The diet was just lean chicken and fish and vegetables--no fruits. It was difficult at first, but I never felt hungry and I never felt better. When adding food back, seems I am very intolerant of grains and high acid foods as well as dairy and beef.

We stuck to this for about 2 months and then sort of drifted a little, and neither of us felt as good as we did while eating all organic and quite a bit raw. I lost about 17 pounds.

I think there's something to this. Doc told me there was no way I could ever lose weight in a state of inflamation. This was the first time I could actually lose any weight on any diet--all while being hypothyroid.

Now I'm doing hcg and I have lost weight--about 8 pounds this week.

Sooo...you really may have some imbalances and food intolerance issues that are keeping you from losing.

If you want to know more, pm me and I will tell you about the detox/elimination diet and supplements, and what we actually ate.

So, there is hope--it's just very hard to find the right answer somtimes.
    10-26-12 Round 1, 43 days

hypothyroidism causes weight gain and decreased metabolism...get your hormones under control if you want to lose weight!