Popular Pages

Thread: Metformin

R/P/M
    R1P2Inj

Metformin

I was started on Metformin to help with weight loss. It did not help! I gained 15# in a month! My doctor wanted me to continue taking it during my HCG protocol! Any suggestions? I stopped because I am scared to death I am going to gain back what I have lost! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

R/P/M
    R1P2 - Drops
    I take Metphormin and actually began taking it prior to pregnancy and with the right foods, I lost an incredible amount of weight. I have insulin resistance and some foods don't really agree with me. Metphormin shouldn't make you gain weight. I'm still taking it while I'm doing the hCG. Let me know if you have any questions.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]Lisa
    Maybe my life hasn't been so chaotic. It's just the world that is and the only real trap is getting attached to any of it. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.
    -Liz Gilbert Eat. Pray. Love

Listen, balance, my darling, is not letting anybody love you less than you love yourself.
    -Eat. Pray. Love.[/FONT]

R/P/M
    R1/P3/Subcutaneous Injections
    I agree. I take metformin for pcos/ insulin resistance and it has only helped me lose and regulated my digestive tract, etc. I have been on it for like 6 years I think? I think it's a miracle. Wish I could help!
    *edit to add: my weight loss doc also asked if I was on it because they thought I needed it to help weight loss and I was already on it. So it really should help, not hurt! Maybe if you aren't IR it doesn't help?

9-30-11 Load Day 1
    10-2-11 VLCD 1
    11-18-11 Round 1 goal met and surpassed, 30.4 lbs lost

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Actually, one of the listed side effects for it IS weight gain. Evidently it affects some folks that way, but in others, it can help with weight loss. It's function is to make the insulin receptors on your cells more functional...which might make you eat less because your cells are getting " fed" better.....I dont think they know why some gain weight on it though.

R/P/M
    R1P2 - Drops
    My Dr definitely insisted I'd lose weight. I did before the baby effortlessly and eating right. I think I have a little extra baby weight left over and feel I needed something to jump start me back to where I was and eliminate cravings that I think are hindering the little bit of weight loss one week and 7 lbs down. Tonight was Yom Kippur so I had to eat at the relatives house. It was hard and I tried to be really good.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]Lisa
    Maybe my life hasn't been so chaotic. It's just the world that is and the only real trap is getting attached to any of it. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.

Listen, balance, my darling, is not letting anybody love you less than you love yourself.
    -Eat. Pray. Love.[/FONT]

R/P/M
    R1P2Inj
    I definitely had less cravings for sure! I did all the blood work and so on and was diagnosed with IR but a different form of it. My BS runs very low normally but my insulin extremely high unlike most people with IR who's BS runs high and insulin also runs high. So when my insulin dumps my BS dips extremely low to the point of being dangerous and I get extremely weak and dizzy so I then have to turn to sugar to get it back up. On the metformin I didn't have that happen at all.
    Do you think you have better losses on HCG with metformin?

R/P/M
    R1P2 - Drops
    I'm not sure, but today I had slight cheat because I wasn't home for the weekend, but not having cravings and really motivated for the week. Going for good losses this week... So we shall see. I'm looking to the metphormin to really help me out. keep you posted.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]Lisa

-Eat. Pray. Love.[/FONT]

R/P/M
    R3P2 Patches
    I've never heard of metformin being used for weightloss before. I've heard of people using insulin. But that is dangerous to mess with your body like that.

http://jenniferratliff.scentsy.us
    www.decor8mywalls.com
    Uppercase Living Director