Popular Pages

Thread: Rings... any tricks when they start to get loose?

Blog Entries

Rings... any tricks when they start to get loose?

My wedding and engagement rings can literally shake right off my finger now, and I'm constantly worrying about losing them. Short of not wearing them, does anyone have any suggestions for what to do to help keep them safe? I'm not ready to have them resized, because I still have lots more weight I'd like to lose. Are there temporary things you can do to size them down before you're ready to actually have them resized?
    I'm walking 60 miles in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure, September 16-18, 2011! I'd love your support! If you'd like to sponsor me or find out more, please visit my page at:
    http://www.the3day.org/goto/anne
    Thank you!

Start weight: 223.4
    High weight during loading: 225.4
    R1P2LIW: 191.4
    R2P2W1: 175.2 (8.8 pounds lost)
    R2P2W2: 172.6 (2.6 pounds lost)
    R2 goal: weigh what my driver's license says I do...

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    I've used these little metal adjusters before.

Many jewelry stores have them..

they look like this.. http://www.amazon.com/RING-SIZE-ADJU.../dp/B001QKLMJQ
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

Quote Originally Posted by annabelle View Post
    My wedding and engagement rings can literally shake right off my finger now, and I'm constantly worrying about losing them. Short of not wearing them, does anyone have any suggestions for what to do to help keep them safe? I'm not ready to have them resized, because I still have lots more weight I'd like to lose. Are there temporary things you can do to size them down before you're ready to actually have them resized?
    I don't know the answer to this, but I just want to say that is awesome! I haven't wore my wedding ring since the beginning of December due to tightness, and I STILL have a visible indentation on my finger from it. I'm starting to think it's permanent

Blog Entries
    Thanks Beth and dedicated! I will run to the mall and see if one of the jewelry stores has those sizers.
    Dedicated, I was at the point where I could barely wear just one of my rings, and couldn't wear both at the same time without my finger turning red. I bet you'll get those rings back on soon!
    I'm walking 60 miles in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure, September 16-18, 2011! I'd love your support! If you'd like to sponsor me or find out more, please visit my page at:
    http://www.the3day.org/goto/anne
    Thank you!

Start weight: 223.4
    High weight during loading: 225.4
    R1P2LIW: 191.4
    R2P2W1: 175.2 (8.8 pounds lost)
    R2P2W2: 172.6 (2.6 pounds lost)
    R2 goal: weigh what my driver's license says I do...

R/P/M
    R5P2 10/2013
    Blog Entries
    Before I had gained weight they were too big and I used those rubber things that fit inside but hated them. Bc then the ring is still big and then I'd clang my ring on stuff or holding the steering wheel was a pain. Now that I am thin again, they are sliding off literally to where I have to hold my finger closed. I've just decided to get them sized.

I'm currently on P2.

Wife & Mommy to 4 kids, 3 years, 10, 12 and 19!

R/P/M
    R5P4
    My rings have gotten to big. So I put them in the drawer and ran to Walmart and bought be "wedding set" that is smaller that set me back about $70. I saw some that were cheaper but like the looks of this one. I figure I have a lot more wight to loss and will have to do this again and again. As when I am done I will have lost a full adult person. And then in the end I will either get the old one resized or maybe as a gift get my hubby to buy me a new and bigger one. (wouldn't that be fun?)