Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will it be enough?

The African Honey Badger quelsen's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Round 6 / P2 / Rx Injection
    Blog Entries

When will it be enough?

Crisis of faith i suppose. When does legitimate health care end and vanity set in? At what point does obsession with a health body become obsession with a perfect body. While i keep altering my goals to be what i consider sane what if it is not sane. Perhaps I was never meant to be "normal" perhaps the adaptation in my genetic structure precludes me from ever achieving what i want. This way leads to madness, how do i avoid that path. I am perfectly willling to starve myself to death if i knew it meant achieving the goals of my minds eye, but that wont happen. what is reasonable and how will i know it when i meet it?
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.
    [email protected]

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Personalized assistance.

R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Blog Entries
    I have set a goal that is "realistic" for my frame, but not "ideal" according to mainstream standards.

I feel that, as long as this path is a challenge but not a struggle, I am headed in the right direction and my destination is reasonable.
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.

R/P/M
    R3/P2/drops
    I agree with Carolina, it's what I have to do also. Set a realistic goal for myself and work to hit that. Two years ago I set on the self-improvement journey and right then it was only to remove a few moles on my chest and neck that bothered me and work on improving my skin. Last year is was the breast reduction, it was time. This year it's working on weight loss. My goal this round of HCG was to get back into my size 13 Vigoss jeans and they fit like a glove this morning! Don't set goals that center around other people or their expectations, go for something you know you can hit. Good luck.

Close your eyes. How do you feel?
    Practice non-attachment to the physical, Grasshopper. Strengthen your relationships, even to your own self. Are you your own best friend?

After years of volunteering for hospice and sitting with those through the end of life, I have learned just a little bit about this non-attachment thing. In the end, the body will not matter so much.

I have no answers for you, only more questions. What do you know for sure?
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    If food is not what you need, what is it you really want?

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    in discussion with a freind i think i may be feeling out when there is enough, i just hope that when that day comes i realize it. It would be when i start reaching for what i currently think is rediculous. for instance i think that i want to get to a target fat % of 10 % so if i start looking at 9 then maybe that is enough
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

[email protected]

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506

Personalized assistance.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    It's hard to know, my friend. I deal with this all the time. I've learned to trust my husband. He's excited about my weight loss but doesn't want me to get too thin. So I stopped when really I would like to have lost more. That whole "how low can I go" thing. The other issue is stopping where your body is happy maintaining.

R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    The other issue is stopping where your body is happy maintaining.
    This is so true. Excessive scale greed and good stabilization often don't like to hang out in the same place.
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    It's hard to know, my friend. I deal with this all the time. I've learned to trust my husband. He's excited about my weight loss but doesn't want me to get too thin. So I stopped when really I would like to have lost more. That whole "how low can I go" thing. The other issue is stopping where your body is happy maintaining.
    but you are my idol, dont tell me you think like me LOL

[email protected]

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506

Personalized assistance.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    Excessive scale greed.
    +1

[email protected]

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506

Personalized assistance.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    You are MY idol! So it's no wonder we think alike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast