Popular Pages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Queen had an interesting day.... (nothing to do with hcg)

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections

Your Queen had an interesting day.... (nothing to do with hcg)

I woke up this morning very cold- my furnace had gone off during the night. For reasons I'm still not sure why, I decided to call my best friend's nephew to do the work instead of my regular furnace guy. He arrived and announced the furnace motor was fried, and I was going to be out around $350 for the part. Frustrating, but part of life.

I was off doing some volunteer work when he called to say he had finished getting the motor in. The good news- my furnace was running and I'd have heat tonight. I assumed the bad news was that the motor was more than he had anticipated. Nope, the bad news was that I needed a new furnace. Apparently when the house was built, the furnace guy put in a furnace that was too large. That caused the furnace to go on and off all the time (since it heated up quickly and then had to shut down quickly), stressing the heat exchanger, causing it to crack prematurely (it's only 15 years old).

Here's where it became a good news/bad news scenario. He tested the carbon monoxide levels coming from the furnace; they should be somewhere around .3 to 3.5 ppm. If they measure more than 9 ppm he is required by law to disconnect the furnace and report that it has to be replaced.

My levels were over 30 and still rising when he turned off his meter! At 36 they advise you to seek medical attention. He didn't disconnect it because he knows me, but told me to plug my CO detector back in and turn the furnace off at night until he can replace it.

So Margie goes looking for info about chronic carbon monoxide exposure, and I discover that it's generally misdiagnosed as chronic fatigue syndrome- how ironic is that? In fact, every single symptom that I have is on the list, including fatigue, sleeplessness, memory loss, muscle and joint pain, as well as a lot of others. I still think I have chronic fatigue, since that started right when I first built this house and the furnace was probably fine then (although who knows?). I can't imagine that the other guy would check the furnace and not check the CO levels. But my friend said he's come across a number of people who had furnaces put in about 15 years ago that were too big, and they had the same problem.

Soooo although I don't think it's my only problem, it's certainly possible that it was a contributing factor to me getting worse. I always did feel better while on vacation (turns out this is common), but I figured it was just because I was somewhere new and having fun. Yet there have been a number of times I've suspected something in the house was making me sick. I tested the house for radon, etc. I also remember being in Florida several years ago cleaning out my friend's home, I was working like a dog- 14-16 hrs a day- yet I remember telling my brother that I felt better every day I was down there. I even bought a CO detector, but apparently the alarm doesn't sound until the levels are over 50- into the "get out of the house" range.

It also explains why I'm better in the summer, since the furnace is off and I'm outside more. Also explains why I got worse this fall, which surprised me since I had improved so much over the summer.

So it will be interesting to see what happens from here- certainly breathing good air can't hurt me!
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

Blog Entries
    Man oh man! I bet the hairs on your neck stood up with that revelation! Wowsa. I'm sure sorry you're having to put the dough out for a new furnace, but happy at the same time that you learned this!
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    If food is not what you need, what is it you really want?

R/P/M
    One of the first things i read was, "Though these are the typical symptoms associated with carbon monoxide poisoning, chronic carbon monoxide poisoning may not give these typical symptoms associated with acute exposure. As a result, chronic carbon monoxide poisoning is often misdiagnosed as chronic fatigue syndrome." And yes- that definitely made the hair on the back of my neck stand up straight!

The bad thing is that the symptoms from chronic exposure can last for years- so it might not change the reality of my day-to-day life, although it might give my doc a better direction in terms of treatment.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    OH my gosh! How scary.

Now.. find where it says 'ravenously hungry" and everything is solved
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

jdc
    Quote Originally Posted by mgsondance View Post
    One of the first things i read was, "Though these are the typical symptoms associated with carbon monoxide poisoning, chronic carbon monoxide poisoning may not give these typical symptoms associated with acute exposure. As a result, chronic carbon monoxide poisoning is often misdiagnosed as chronic fatigue syndrome." And yes- that definitely made the hair on the back of my neck stand up straight!

The bad thing is that the symptoms from chronic exposure can last for years- so it might not change the reality of my day-to-day life, although it might give my doc a better direction in terms of treatment.
    OMG! I am so glad that you at least found out now. That is scary Margie! Well, I hope this means that even though the symptom may last, that you will be feeling better and better with that thing out of there.

R/P/M
    Now.. find where it says 'ravenously hungry" and everything is solved
    rofl- that's right!

my trainer has talked me into the idea of eating something every 3 hours. he says if you wait to get hungry, then the cravings for sugar and starch come in- and it might be harder to satisfy the hunger with food. that sounded reasonable to me, but i already failed today- 3 hrs is not very long!

The African Honey Badger quelsen's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Round 6 / P2 / Rx Injection
    Blog Entries
    wht about oxygen therapy to counteract the cellular saturation?
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.
    quelsen@gmail.com

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Personalized assistance.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Oh my gosh, this is so scary! It's a wonder it didn't kill you!
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

R/P/M
    Oh my gosh, this is so scary! It's a wonder it didn't kill you!
    having the motor die on the furnace might have just saved my life! i would think that the levels would have continued to rise at some point.

jonathon- just read this- interesting: "For the treatment of chronic low-level CO poisoning evidenced by high PvO2 (regardless of COHb level), MCS Referral & Resources recommends Extended Normobaric Oxygen Therapy (ENOT). Three to four months of daily 2-hour sessions breathing 100% oxygen from a tank or concentrator while supine via a nasal canulus at 6 to 10 liters per minute are usually sufficient to normalize PvO2 and obtain lasting relief from the most common symptoms of chronic CO poisoning."

and this: "Since medications and supplements are a source of chemical stress and poorly tolerated by most people with chronic CO poisoning and related syndromes (Autism, ADHD, CFS, FMS, MCS etc), the protocol urges doctors to consider weaning their patients off all non-essential supplements and medications prior to starting ENOT (including anti-depressants except in potentially suicidal cases). While many of these patients have significant deficiencies in vitamins (particularly the B series), minerals (particularly magnesium and zinc) and hormones (particularly thyroid), we recommend testing for but not treating these deficiencies until PvO2 has been normalized and the oxygen therapy concluded, as some may self-correct with the improved oxygenation of tissue that ENOT provides. The only exception is for buffered vitamin C or some other buffered anti-oxidant which should be taken daily during oxygen treatment to boost the body's ability to deal with the free radicals formed by oxidative metabolism."

Blog Entries
    Are you going to talk to your doctor about this? In some ways, I would think it would be a relief to know what was causing symptoms. Hopefully, you will start feeling better and better and better as time goes by.
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    If food is not what you need, what is it you really want?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast