Popular Pages

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Its my first day!! :)

  1. #11
    Your Resident Hippie garden_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In the land of corn, cows, and beer brats
    R/P/M
    R3P1 HHCG
    Posts
    179
    The longer you can keep them under your tongue the better. I usually only make it a minute or two.

  2. #12
    Member gspice6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    R/P/M
    R2/P2/HHCG VLCD1 was Feb 7th
    Posts
    38
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks to all for addressing our newbie concerns!!

    Another question - oils from hair products, lotions, etc?? I can definitely do without slathering lotion onto my legs, but I am not sure about not conditioning my hair, or even lip balm.

    Anyone give any advise on these concerns??

    TIA and more reps to those with the answers




    R2 VLCD1 was Feb 7th

  3. #13
    Shrinking Tub of Goo JoAnn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    R/P/M
    hhcg/P2
    Posts
    2,224
    let me see if i can remember what everyone needs help with. i hold my drops for about 5-10 minutes. nothing to eat or drink for 15 minutes after. if you take a couple of fish oil caps every 2 hours while you are loading it helps with hunger in the first week. i have kept using my same hair care and make up products. lost 17# on a 23 day round the first time and am losing well in R2. P1 is techinally a detox phase that treaudu came up with and most people skip it. you must do at least 23 days on the drops, 2 loading and 21 VLCD (very low calorie days). then you quit taking the drops and keep on with VLCD for 48 hours after your last dose. after that is P3, no starches or added sugars. hope that helps.
    "I'm insane and responsible. This is a potent combination." Lost in America


  4. #14
    I call it Hippy-chic Lbrace0317's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    R/P/M
    R2P2D14 hhcg
    Posts
    307
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gspice6 View Post
    Thanks to all for addressing our newbie concerns!!

    Another question - oils from hair products, lotions, etc?? I can definitely do without slathering lotion onto my legs, but I am not sure about not conditioning my hair, or even lip balm.

    Anyone give any advise on these concerns??

    TIA and more reps to those with the answers
    I am an esthetician and makeup artist as well as a massage therapist... I did not change ANYTHING aside from body lotion... switched to lavender scented baby oil. Hair is essentially dead a little past the scalp so any hair styling product that you put on doesn't matter since it doesn't even have the ability to absorb into the bloodstream. Conditioner is not to be put on the scalp in the first place (I am always shocked by how many people don't know that, sorry if you know) so you're fine with that.

    Some super strict people wear gloves when they apply their hair products... I find this both ridiculous and time consuming (and expensive) I used burts bees pomegranate lip balm all through p2. But bees wax is off protocol. You can use mineral oil on the lips.
    Lauren
    R2P2D1


  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    R/P/M
    HHCG, Rogue, Cycler, 4 short rounds to lose 70+ pounds June-Oct 2010,Still stable Dec 2011
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn View Post
    let me see if i can remember what everyone needs help with. i hold my drops for about 5-10 minutes. nothing to eat or drink for 15 minutes after. if you take a couple of fish oil caps every 2 hours while you are loading it helps with hunger in the first week. i have kept using my same hair care and make up products. lost 17# on a 23 day round the first time and am losing well in R2. P1 is techinally a detox phase that treaudu came up with and most people skip it. you must do at least 23 days on the drops, 2 loading and 21 VLCD (very low calorie days). then you quit taking the drops and keep on with VLCD for 48 hours after your last dose. after that is P3, no starches or added sugars. hope that helps.
    JoAnn---Perfect advice according to Dr Simeons and his Pounds & Inches protocol. And of course, if anyone is reading this who uses rx instead of hhcg, there would be 3 days of VLCD's with no drops. It is confusing for newbies who stop in and read conflicting info. This post was right on with the original protocol. Everyone chooses what they want to use, but this is what the original intention was for the diet. Very few of us do P1, the detoxing phase, and choose to go straight into P2 to get started with the 2 days of drops/loading and the remaining VLCD's.

    Good luck to all of the newbies. So exciting to see the hhcg group growing everyday! :]

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    R/P/M
    HHCG, Rogue, Cycler, 4 short rounds to lose 70+ pounds June-Oct 2010,Still stable Dec 2011
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbrace0317 View Post
    I am an esthetician and makeup artist as well as a massage therapist... I did not change ANYTHING aside from body lotion... switched to lavender scented baby oil. Hair is essentially dead a little past the scalp so any hair styling product that you put on doesn't matter since it doesn't even have the ability to absorb into the bloodstream. Conditioner is not to be put on the scalp in the first place (I am always shocked by how many people don't know that, sorry if you know) so you're fine with that.

    Some super strict people wear gloves when they apply their hair products... I find this both ridiculous and time consuming (and expensive) I used burts bees pomegranate lip balm all through p2. But bees wax is off protocol. You can use mineral oil on the lips.
    I am with you. Didn't change any of my products, but it turned out that many of them were mineral oil based and I did not even know it til I went on this diet. ROC facial care, St Ives Collagen formula hand and body lotion, mineral foundation products~~these are some of my favorites. And the gloves? Way too uptight for me personally. Unless I worked with my hands in oil all day, I just can't justify that kind of worry. :]

    Oh, I still use old fashioned ChapStick too.
    Last edited by vegglover; September 27th, 2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added last line

  7. #17
    Senior Member poweredbystarbucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    R/P/M
    R3/P2/RX Drops
    Posts
    389
    Jen - if you like olives hit the olive bar at the store and load up. Those are some great fats too I dislike fast food as well and the loading days were pretty tough. You can do it

    And thank you for the excellent advice vegglover! I am pretty sure tomorrow will be my last day on the drops so I am a little nervous but not nearly as much now that I found this place. I am on another message board where a handful of us are doing this as well and they are awesome support folks!

    As far as products go, I did change my products to Jason and Alba. I found an approved list somewhere and got what was on there.

    My 4 yo is dancing and wants me to join him.
    Last edited by poweredbystarbucks; September 27th, 2010 at 01:17 PM.

  8. #18
    Shrinking Tub of Goo JoAnn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    R/P/M
    hhcg/P2
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by vegglover View Post
    JoAnn---Perfect advice according to Dr Simeons and his Pounds & Inches protocol. And of course, if anyone is reading this who uses rx instead of hhcg, there would be 3 days of VLCD's with no drops. It is confusing for newbies who stop in and read conflicting info. This post was right on with the original protocol. Everyone chooses what they want to use, but this is what the original intention was for the diet. Very few of us do P1, the detoxing phase, and choose to go straight into P2 to get started with the 2 days of drops/loading and the remaining VLCD's.

    Good luck to all of the newbies. So exciting to see the hhcg group growing everyday! :]
    ugh! tried to give you rep points for calling me perfect but it won't let me!
    "I'm insane and responsible. This is a potent combination." Lost in America


  9. #19
    Senior Member jenafire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    R/P/M
    R2P2 hHCG
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by poweredbystarbucks View Post
    Jen - if you like olives hit the olive bar at the store and load up. Those are some great fats too I dislike fast food as well and the loading days were pretty tough. You can do it
    oooh.. love olives.. good call on that one!

    and vegg--i hadn't read yet that it is only 2 days without drops at the end for homeopathic.. good to know! thanks everyone!

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    R/P/M
    HHCG, Rogue, Cycler, 4 short rounds to lose 70+ pounds June-Oct 2010,Still stable Dec 2011
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn View Post
    ugh! tried to give you rep points for calling me perfect but it won't let me!
    Pfft! Just shows how perfect you are AGAIN. Stop showing off! LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by jenafire View Post
    oooh.. love olives.. good call on that one!

    and vegg--i hadn't read yet that it is only 2 days without drops at the end for homeopathic.. good to know! thanks everyone!
    Yes, hhcg'ers have 2 days of drops with loading and 2 at the end of P2 with no drops while doing VLCD's. The homeopathic hcg does not stay in our system as long as the rx solutions. You can get to that delicious P3 eating a day sooner with hhcg. Yay!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •