Popular Pages

Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: HCG patch

R/P/M
    R4/P4/ hCG Patches
    Quote Originally Posted by HCGhope View Post
    Update: I decided to stop the patch and start P3 because I was finding it too much of a struggle to deal with the VLCD after the planned interruption. I was doing ok, but was having way too much hunger, and it was not worth it to me to struggle for another week for another pound or two.

Next round I have decided to go with injections of the "real"hcg and see if I respond better hunger-wise. I had a lot of challenges with hunger with the patch, finally realizing I needed to wear 2 at a time to get it under control. Despite the struggles, I stuck with it and lost 24 pounds since Memorial Day (about 6 weeks). I think I may do better with the injections as I can tweek the dose better.

That said, my diet buddy (also on the patch) did great, no problems with hunger and she lost 25 pounds.

Bottom line, I would recommend the patch with some minor reservations about the ability to really titrate the dose.

Now on to P3 and stabilization!
    Congrats on your losses- that is great! 24lbs in 6 weeks is GREAT! That's over 1/2 lb a day of loss! That's WAY over what the average woman can expect to lose! Doing Rx hcg won't cause you to lose more. As long as you follow protocol and use a product which contains hcg- (whether it's rx, patches, drops, pellets etc..) your body will lose what it needs to at the rate that is best for you. Changing the method you receive you hcg isn't going to increase or decrease your losses.
    I have lost over 80lbs with HCG Patches. Have you tried them yet? Click Here to get yours!

R/P/M
    Rd1,Ph2,Patches
    So today is VLCD5. I have not deviated from protocol but I am craving all the bad food that got me into this dilema. My daughter made cookies the other night and I had to go into my bedroom and shut the door. Did not want to smell or see them because I knew that my willpower is very low right now and I really wanted one. I am getting tired of the food that I have been eating. Mainly chicken and shrimp. I don't eat fish and not able to find 97% lean meat. It is so boring but I will keep trucking right along!

Happy losses to everyone

R/P/M
    r1/p2/patches
    Sooo today is VLCD1, I gained 3lbs with loading wich was ok I guess.
    So my question os 3 days or 72 hours and then change patches? The web site says "72 hours or.." and the sheet the send says 3 days. I started tuesday so 72 hrs would be firday for a new patch. but if i just count days then I should have put a new one on today.
    UGH a lil confused and sleepy. An help would be great.

R/P/M
    R4/P2/HHCG Patches
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdtimer View Post
    Sooo today is VLCD1, I gained 3lbs with loading wich was ok I guess.
    So my question os 3 days or 72 hours and then change patches? The web site says "72 hours or.." and the sheet the send says 3 days. I started tuesday so 72 hrs would be firday for a new patch. but if i just count days then I should have put a new one on today.
    UGH a lil confused and sleepy. An help would be great.
    It's 72 hours. But 72 hours is = to 3 days. But I think of it this way, I put my patch on Wednesday morning when I get up. So, Wed morning to Thursday morning is 24 hours, Thursday morning to Friday morning is 48 hours, and finally Friday morning to Saturday morning is 72 hours. I take off the old patch Saturday morning and put a new one on. Hope that helps.

If you put your patch on Tuesday morning then you would put your new one on Friday morning.
    -Betsy

R/P/M
    r1/p2/patches
    Quote Originally Posted by eacdabney View Post
    It's 72 hours. But 72 hours is = to 3 days. But I think of it this way, I put my patch on Wednesday morning when I get up. So, Wed morning to Thursday morning is 24 hours, Thursday morning to Friday morning is 48 hours, and finally Friday morning to Saturday morning is 72 hours. I take off the old patch Saturday morning and put a new one on. Hope that helps.

If you put your patch on Tuesday morning then you would put your new one on Friday morning.
    thanks eacdabney
    I stopped obsessing and said "ok whats 72 hours" duh.
    Down 3 lbs so I lost my load weight.
    Feeling pretty hungerless most times. Exhausted otherwise.

Happy loosing folks

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by bruiseviolet View Post
    Congrats on your losses- that is great! 24lbs in 6 weeks is GREAT! That's over 1/2 lb a day of loss! That's WAY over what the average woman can expect to lose! Doing Rx hcg won't cause you to lose more. As long as you follow protocol and use a product which contains hcg- (whether it's rx, patches, drops, pellets etc..) your body will lose what it needs to at the rate that is best for you. Changing the method you receive you hcg isn't going to increase or decrease your losses.
    Thanks for the congrats. It was a daily struggle with hunger, but I persisted and am pleased with the results.

Actually, from what I have read, 1/2 pound/day is the average loss for women on the HCG protocol. And my decision to switch next round to huHCG is not based on wanting to loose more, but needing to control the hunger more. Everything I have read says that, beyond the first few days on protocol, there should be no hunger. If there is hunger, it is a dosing issue.

I found it cumbersome and difficult to titrate the dose with patches. While a second patch helped reduce the hunger level to a more tolerable level, it did not reduce it enough and I found myself needing to consume more protein to off-set the inefficiency of the patch. And while I had great hope for the patch, it ultimately did not do a good enough job for me, and that ultimately threatens my success in the long-term effects of the protocol.

The more I read about the HCG protocol and current thoughts and research on how the protocol affects the hypothalamus and leptin, the more apparent it becomes to me that to gain the greatest benefits from the HCG protocol I need to be able to follow the VLCD to the letter. I was not able to do that with the patches. I believe that will come (for me, at least) with huHCG, and not homeopathic HCG. If I am hungry, I am much more inclined to cheat (and I did), and cheating is very counterproductive to the overall results.

So, I do expect to have greater losses on the next round, but that will be due to greater compliance with the VLCD that is achieved through the ability to get the right dose of HCG my body needs. It would be great if the patch was a "one size fits all," but it doesn't, and it is difficult to accurately titrate dose to get what the body needs.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.
    This Journey started Memorial Day, May 28, 2012 with Loading (gained 3.6 pounds)
    VLCD (P2) started May 31 with Patches. Lost 24.4 pounds
    P3/P4 started July 21 , ended Aug. 31 at 5.2 over LDW

Round 2 with Rx HCG Started Sept. 1 with loading @259.2

R/P/M
    R4/P4/ hCG Patches
    Quote Originally Posted by Herestohope View Post
    So today is VLCD5. I have not deviated from protocol but I am craving all the bad food that got me into this dilema. My daughter made cookies the other night and I had to go into my bedroom and shut the door. Did not want to smell or see them because I knew that my willpower is very low right now and I really wanted one. I am getting tired of the food that I have been eating. Mainly chicken and shrimp. I don't eat fish and not able to find 97% lean meat. It is so boring but I will keep trucking right along!

Happy losses to everyone
    Have you looked into any of the recipes on here or anywhere online? I had to find recipes (the success guide that came with my drops had some good stuff in it) and they TOTALLY made it feel like I was eating completely different food.

The one example I always use is my salad.
    Originally I was eating this for lunch:
    • 1 serving of Chicken
    • 1 serving of Strawberries
    • 1 serving of veggies (salad or a cucumber)
    • 1 serving of Melba Toast

Well that got REALLY boring. So I changed it up every so slightly and it made a HUGE difference.
    • Season, cook and cut chicken serving into long thin strips (sometimes I would even "pull" it so it was more shredded in texture)
    • Cut up lots of leafy greens for a salad (no iceburg lettuce!)
    • Place chicken on top
    • Crunch up garlic seasoned Melba Toast on top
    • Slice up strawberries and place on top
    • Use just a PINCH of balsamic vinegar on top

and that was ONE FABULOUS salad!
    I have lost over 80lbs with HCG Patches. Have you tried them yet? Click Here to get yours!

R/P/M
    Rd1,Ph2,Patches
    Quote Originally Posted by bruiseviolet View Post
    Have you looked into any of the recipes on here or anywhere online? I had to find recipes (the success guide that came with my drops had some good stuff in it) and they TOTALLY made it feel like I was eating completely different food.

The one example I always use is my salad.
    Originally I was eating this for lunch:
    • 1 serving of Chicken
    • 1 serving of Strawberries
    • 1 serving of veggies (salad or a cucumber)
    • 1 serving of Melba Toast

Well that got REALLY boring. So I changed it up every so slightly and it made a HUGE difference.
    • Season, cook and cut chicken serving into long thin strips (sometimes I would even "pull" it so it was more shredded in texture)
    • Cut up lots of leafy greens for a salad (no iceburg lettuce!)
    • Place chicken on top
    • Crunch up garlic seasoned Melba Toast on top
    • Slice up strawberries and place on top
    • Use just a PINCH of balsamic vinegar on top

and that was ONE FABULOUS salad!

Thank you so much for the idea. I was able to find the 97% lean beef so I made the P2 friendly chili. I could eat that at every meal!!

Can I ask why you mention no iceburg lettuce? I have not had any yet but did buy a head of it this morning. I was going to use it for lettuce cups with chicken or beef.

R/P/M
    R4/P4/ hCG Patches
    Quote Originally Posted by Herestohope View Post
    Thank you so much for the idea. I was able to find the 97% lean beef so I made the P2 friendly chili. I could eat that at every meal!!

Can I ask why you mention no iceburg lettuce? I have not had any yet but did buy a head of it this morning. I was going to use it for lettuce cups with chicken or beef.
    No iceburg lettuce is just a personal preference of mine- I don't like the taste very well and some of the darker green lettuces I prefer have higher contents of minerals and vitamins. That's all- there's nothing wrong with iceburg lettuce, it's just not my personal preference- sorry I worded my post like that!

I posted some recipes for soup in other threads too- =)

R/P/M
    r1/p2/patches
    Hey ladies
    The patches are going pretty well I guess. Had a lil Hypoglcemic scare at midnight sun morning and had to drink a diet Coke- I wasnt at home to eat fruit or whathave u.
    Upped my cals Sunday and had applesauce and egg whites for bfast. Didnt lose today thou. Hopefully it was just from the applesauce. I've been doing a lil extra protien since day one. Discovered in my last rounds that I just need it- I'm a big girl 6'2 and still plan on working out to some degree- walking Barre exercises. So hopefully its ok,
    Down 9 lbs (3 from loading).
    Hope all is well and losing!