Popular Pages

Thread: New to Diet - Have a few questions if you can help me?

R/P/M
    R1/P1/HHCG Sublingual

New to Diet - Have a few questions if you can help me?

I'm 5'1 and started at 131.5 with a goal of 125lbs. I've decided not to look at a scale and have my weight loss center and husband tell me "you're not there yet." So that I don't get frustrated and quit because the results will inevitably be slow for those last five pounds. I'm going through a weight loss center on homeopathic non-alcohol drops and rather than 800 calories which I'm not hungry enough to eat. I've stabilized out at 650 to 700 calories per day.

First Question: As a Zone diet follower, I'm wondering why I'm being told to consume more protein than my body requires. I'm going through a weight loss center and they don't seem to understand the diet, they just tell me to do what they say. This troubles me. The Zone recommends 55-60g of Protein per day which I have kept to and only increased my protein to no more than 75g in a day.

Second Question:
    Why no good fats in small quantities? I've refused to go off the CLA that I take 4x a day. This is 4g of good fats.

Third Question: Since I went through a weight loss center, I'm only told what they want me to know. How would I obtain a copy of the HCG protocol guidelines?

Fourth Question: Finally, how long should I expect to be in a maintenance phase to stabilize and hopefully keep the weight off?

Fifth question: I'd like to exercise lightly on my cardio-rebounder pilates or walk slowly on my treadmill. Is this going to slow my progress? When can one exercise?

Thanks in advance for any help.

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    Hi Teddy welcome.

1. The center you are using has modified the original protocol which calls for 100g of protein twice a day and a total of 500 calories per day. That gives you a daily intake around 50g per day. You likely need to read Pounds and Inches.
    I have been a Zone dieter. You can't follow Zone and follow the HCG diet together. Isn't going to work.
    2. If you want to include CLA your loses may/will likely slow as you progress in the diet.
    3. Pounds & Inches is the original protocol
    4. Phase 3 is 21 days of no added starches or sugars followed by 21 days of Phase 3 when you can add back starches and sugars in moderation as you wish.
    5. Light exercise if fine if your body is already used to it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    I think you might be confused by protein requirements. The clinic is likely telling you how much protein to eat by meat weight, not by how protein is in the meat. We are to eat 100 grams (or 3 1/2 oz) of several different kinds of meat. But the actual protein in each serving is in the 25 gram range so you're getting about 50-60 grams of actual protein a day.

This is not like any other diet you have done. If you want to follow The Zone then do that. But you can't really mix them because this protocol is very specific and very unforgiving for the most part. You're eating too many calories to lose well on this diet. It's very specific--no more than 500 calories a day.
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

sos
    R/P/M
    round 4 phase 1
    Blog Entries

noticed u mentioned u used to b a zone dieter

Quote Originally Posted by Beth_M View Post
    Hi Teddy welcome.

1. The center you are using has modified the original protocol which calls for 100g of protein twice a day and a total of 500 calories per day. That gives you a daily intake around 50g per day. You likely need to read Pounds and Inches.
    I have been a Zone dieter. You can't follow Zone and follow the HCG diet together. Isn't going to work.
    2. If you want to include CLA your loses may/will likely slow as you progress in the diet.
    3. Pounds & Inches is the original protocol
    4. Phase 3 is 21 days of no added starches or sugars followed by 21 days of Phase 3 when you can add back starches and sugars in moderation as you wish.
    5. Light exercise if fine if your body is already used to it.
    i too used to follow zone before hcg.
    my question is do u think that i could follow that if i am still trying to stabalize on p3. I have been on p3 for over a month and cant stabilize. would like to even lose ... do u think this would b a good plan?

and if ur thinking well if zone was working y did u do hcg ? because am a avid exerciser and could not do that cause of hurt knee for 3 months.

i like zone cause i have menus . it tells me what to eat... i know it's about 1400 cals

help..... ur opinion please

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sos View Post
    i too used to follow zone before hcg.
    my question is do u think that i could follow that if i am still trying to stabalize on p3. I have been on p3 for over a month and cant stabilize. would like to even lose ... do u think this would b a good plan?

and if ur thinking well if zone was working y did u do hcg ? because am a avid exerciser and could not do that cause of hurt knee for 3 months.

i like zone cause i have menus . it tells me what to eat... i know it's about 1400 cals

help..... ur opinion please
    it might be difficult to get the 40% carbs factored in during phase 3 without using the starchier carbs. Most of the veggies in Phase 3 are lower carb. it would take quite a bit of volume.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

R/P/M
    P2 yet again/rx subq
    This is really a hormonal reset of the hypothalamus rather than a diet, so combining this with another way of eating or even making the tiniest change can cause this to be ineffective. It may help you to know that this one has a menu, too. Here it is:

The Diet

The 500 Calorie diet is explained on the day of the second injection to those patients who will be preparing their own food, and it is most important that the person who will actually cook is present - the wife, the mother or the cook, as the case may be. Here in Italy patients are given the following diet sheet.BREAKFAST: Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or other sweeteners may be used.

LUNCH: 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed raw from the bird.
    One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.
    One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.
    An apple or an orange or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

DINNER : The same four choices as lunch.

The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes. Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, majoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.
    Tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water are the only drinks allowed, but they may be taken in any quantity and at all times.

sos
    R/P/M
    round 4 phase 1
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmrr View Post
    This is really a hormonal reset of the hypothalamus rather than a diet, so combining this with another way of eating or even making the tiniest change can cause this to be ineffective. It may help you to know that this one has a menu, too. Here it is:

The Diet

The 500 Calorie diet is explained on the day of the second injection to those patients who will be preparing their own food, and it is most important that the person who will actually cook is present - the wife, the mother or the cook, as the case may be. Here in Italy patients are given the following diet sheet.BREAKFAST: Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or other sweeteners may be used.

LUNCH: 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed raw from the bird.
    One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.
    One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.
    An apple or an orange or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

DINNER : The same four choices as lunch.

The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes. Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, majoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.
    Tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water are the only drinks allowed, but they may be taken in any quantity and at all times.
    This sounds like p2. Are you saying this is what I should be doing now? My last shot was july 1st and have been on p3 since then ( 4 days during this time consisted of bad eating).