Popular Pages

Page 28 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: www.officialhcgdietplan.com anyone using these or heard of them?

R/P/M
    Round 1/Phase 2/Sublingual (Official HCG Diet Plan)
    Donna - welcome back and I agree with Jiggle, you get cool points with me for passing on the goodies on your trip. 73 days is fantastic! You have some great willpower.
    Kitty - I know that a lot of people on the forum recommend supplements, like Magnesium, Potassium and B-12 to assist in the diet. Have you tried any of these? I would make sure that the brand is a good one and do a little research. My wife took our supplements to the doctor and she said they were garbarge, but recommended some good ones. I can't remember the brand at this time...I got some emotional turmoil during my round too. Especially during the 2 days I stopped the drops when entering P3. "Stupid allergies" I'd say at work when I'd get all misty eyed...
    MyDogRudy - P3 is super fun and easy. After your 2 days of VLCD with no drops, add 1 new food every 2-3 days and keep an eye on the scale to make sure you don't have a food sensitivity to it. My first addition was eggs (YUM!). After that I did dairy, then some vegetables, whatever you want, just no sugar or starches. Having Mayo again tasted so sinful but so good. It's also really important to up your intake and calories significantly. There's a whole section on P3 on the forum here that will be much more helpful than anything I can say. You will probably be really nervous when weighing in the first few days, thinking "I have to have a huge gain after everything I ate yesterday" but you'll be pleased to see the opposite. Once you stay consistently within 2 pounds of our last drop day weight (I actually lost another 3 pounds before I stabilized) you are good. If you go over 2 pounds, do a steak day (no breakfast or lunch and eat a huge steak for dinner with either a whole apple or tomato). If you see your weight starting to creep up but not hit the 2 pound mark, you can do a protein day, where all you do is eat only protein all day (trying to eat every 2-3 hours, but with your schedule, that may be tough).

I have LOVED P3 and have been taking baby steps in P4. I feel much safer with P3 foods and get nervous when thinking about adding starches. I've done Pizza successfully (which tasted very nice) and had mixed results with Ezekiel Bread, but I haven't tried potatoes or regular bread yet.

I hope everybody has a wonderful 4th of July!

R/P/M
    sublingual

Red face

Donna, I waited a month between rounds. I stopped the first time cuz I really didn't know any better and decided to take a break. I convinced my husband to do it with me and we started together this round. This one has been more difficult but I have been really consistent with losing a pound every time I lose. Eating off protocol has been very difficult to avoid so I was thinking I would just continue until I was at my goal and not stress the cheat days. I was getting hungry until I upped my dose even though I was eating all my protein and other stuff too. Right now I take 15 drops morning noon and night as does my husband. Yes they are the official hcg diet plan drops.
    Peccav, it's good to know I'm not the only one being emotional! I have not tried supplemments but have been taking a multi-vitamin. I might give them a try.

R/P/M
    Round 1/Phase 2/Sublingual (Official HCG Diet Plan)

What are your thoughts?

So I have a question that I thought I'd ask all the Hcg crew.

Currently my BMI is JUST under the overweight side at 24. I am thinking about another round, because I would love to get rid of the little bit of blubber that's still clinging to my belly and sides, but my family keeps saying not to lose anymore and that I'd be dangerously underweight if I did. I'm so blessed to have so many people care about my health. I haven't weighed this little since before college, though I did have a lot more muscle at that time. Am I being vain? What would you do in my shoes?

R/P/M
    R3/P3/hHCG
    Jiggle, Thanks and I don't know if the last dose of drops really does anything, but I have always felt like it works melting fat while I sleep. This is just my own speculation and it may not be accurate, but...I am satisfied with my method. Congratulations on your steady progress. It feels so good to get into control of your body.

Kitty, I hope the supplements make you feel better. It is so much easier to stay in control when you feel strong emotionally.

Peccav, I love hearing you say that Phase 3 is a breeze and that you continued to lose a few pounds. I am both excited and nervous about starting it next week. My goal is to get to the middle of the normal BMI. I need to lose 5 more pounds to hit the top of normal and I definitely have a lot of extra flab on me. I hope to start exercising during phase 3 and turn some of that into muscle. I guess you have to figure out what you really want. You won't be dangerously underweight if you get to the middle of the normal BMI (around 22 for me) but on the other hand, you have made so much progress - you may be happy where you are. I think many of us Americans have gotten so used to being oversized that we are not used to normal, healthy weights anymore. I don't think that you would be being vain at all if you wanted to drop a little more. Good luck with your decision.

R1 - 145.6 LDW
    R2 - 124.4 LDW
    R3 - 119.6 LDW

Learning to maintain...my lifetime goal!

R/P/M
    sublingual
    I don't put a lot of faith in BMI because everyone's body is so different. One BMI for you may not be the healthy one for me. Use your best judgment...if you think you can lose that little bit of fat through exercise then go for it. If it's only a small amount it might take awhile longer on the HCG.

R/P/M
    R2 P2 hhcg
    Well I'm certainly experiencing the typical 2nd week slow down, but it's still moving down so I am happy. Only down .2 this morning but over the week I've lost around 4 pounds.
    I almost cheated yesterday. I made my daughter a swiss grilled cheese on texas toast and while I was "choo chooing" it into her mouth, it derailed and almost found its way to mommies tunnel LOL. Anyway I decided if I was going to cheat it wasn't going to be with a grilled cheese and I might as well get the chocolate ice cream out of the freezer, which meant that I would have to make an actual effort to cheat so I talked myself out of it. It was quite an inner dialogue I must say.
    PECCAV1 - I would say give your body (and you fam and friends) time to adjust. Also you may want to start doing some core training to tighten the flab. I know a few people who are thin but they still have a little flab because they are out of shape. Also it depends on your frame size. That's why there is a range of normal, to account for different builds. You can determine your frame size with your wrist measurement, gender and height, there are calculators online. My trainer at the Y measures BMI, frame size, body fat and lean body mass to come up with an ideal weight. My ideal weight is higher than most women my height because I have a large frame and a alot of lean body mass.

R1 Lost 28 lbs ; Start weight 185.4 - LDW 157.4
    Stabilized around 158.5 for three weeks
    R2 P2 165.7 lbs (after loading)
    Week 1 - 155 (lost 10.7 lbs)
    Week 2
    D1 - 155
    D2 - 154.6
    D3 - 154
    D4 - 152
    D5 - 151.2

Congratulations babyfat on your weight loss! Keep up the good work. When I was on the hcg diet and felt like cheating I would always cut up a grapefruit with cinnamon and put it in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 mins. It was very tasty. Here is a link for some more hcg diet recipes that helped me while I was on the hcg diet.

R/P/M
    R2 / P2/ hHCG drops
    Peccav - thanks for all the good advice on P3, I think everyone gets a bit nervous transitioning, but you have eased my fears a bit. As far as your situation, I am guessing you just need to fit in a little bit of exercise first and see how that goes. I have never gone by BMI according to height and weight only, the true test is like babyfat says, using measurements and other criteria. That is why I didn't add a BMI counter to my ticker. The best way to lower BMI is by having more lean muscle, which requires exercise. Just a little bit more muscle will help burn off a few of those saggy areas. If your weight is good, you don't have to hit the gym every day, just doing things like ab exercises, push ups and lifting a few weights (or using resistance bands) would make a noticable difference and tone the areas where you still might have some issues.

40yr old 5'9" female

R1 - 24 days {06/18/11 - 07/14/11}. Lost 17 pounds. Kept it all off until cruise in January 2012 then two months of training for work out of town. Thus...Beginning R2 April 7th!!

04/09/12 - VLCD week one total: -8.5 lb
    04/16/12 - VLCD8 - 162.0
    04/17/12 - VLCD9 - 160.4
    04/18/12 - VLCD10 - 163.0
    04/19/12 - VLCD11 - 160.4
    04/20/12 - VLCD12 - 160.6
    04/21/12 - VLCD13 - 158.8

R/P/M
    R3/P3/hHCG
    Good morning everyone. I don't know about you guys but today is a danger zone for me. We are having family over for the holiday and as I was planning the menu I struggled about what to serve. I don't want to make things that I know I can't resist but I want them to enjoy the meal. Luckily grilled chicken is a natural. We settled on a combination of phase 2 and regular 4th bbg stuff. My things to avoid include the cheese and crackers, pasta salad and apple pie and ice-cream. This would be easier if we were going to someone else's house!!

I am sending waves of willpower to all of you. Please do the same for me. This is my last day of drops and I don't want to screw it up!

Babyfat, I loved your story about the choo-choo. It shows how much you have learned about refraining from those little extra bites that we all used to take in without thinking.

Kitty I hope you are feeling better. And I hope all of you are holding tough during this holiday trial.

Good luck to you, too, Peccav. I wondered if you have ever counted calories on this diet. And if you do it on phase 3 or if you "listen" to your body to know when you are full.

Happy 4th to you all.

R1 - 145.6 LDW
    R2 - 124.4 LDW
    R3 - 119.6 LDW

Learning to maintain...my lifetime goal!

R/P/M
    R2 / P2/ hHCG drops
    Good morning all - seems like most are enjoying the holiday weekend as it is quiet on this thread the past couple days...

Donna - good luck on your holiday gathering! Since I am on the short round, I am just avoiding anything which might cause me any temptation, which makes it easier, I am sure. We were around some brats grilling yesterday, which is a weakness of mine, but it wasn't too bad passing them up as I ate the cold shrimp I had packed in my lunch bag. These drops really do work because I rarely get all that hungry anymore. I never was one to eat huge meals, but I did like to snack pretty much from when I got home from work until dinner. I usually refrained from eating anything past 8pm, especially during the week, unless it was some microwave popcorn. Never the butter lovers kind, usually the homestyle if I wanted a little flavor, or the Orville Reddenbockers (sp?) smart pop was also good. But, I am kind of over that habit while taking these drops. That first week was rough, but the second week was a breeze! I added tilapia to the rotation of proteins and really enjoy it. Plus, besides my pre-cooked frozen shrimp, it is the easiest thing! Individually wrapped frozen packages, thaw one out quickly (my husband doesn't eat it so have only had it twice while he was working), and grill for a few minutes. I used real lemon and garlic the first time, but the second time I used garlic and onion powders (plus the usual salt and pepper) and it almost tasted breaded! It was so good I might be able to get my husband to eat it and he only eats breaded walleye as he does not like a 'fishy' taste.

Well, better finish my laundry and bills (I know, what am I doing - it is Sunday on a holiday weekend)! M husband is on hour 12 of his 16 hour OT shift and my in-laws are here - still sleeping. So, taking the opportunity of quiet time to get a few things done so I can relax the last two days of the long weekend. Everyone stay safe and happy this weekend. And, if you absolutely have to cheat, at least do it by eating a little more of the allowed items to feel more satisfied rather than indulge in the forbidden foods if you can. A few minutes of enjoyment can cause some longer, lingering effects of reviving the cravings, or worse, delaying the reset of the system. I figure even if one does not gain weight from a cheat while still on the drops and VLCD, it could have an effect down the road when it comes time to stabilize. Perhaps it might have less of an effect for those on the longer VLCD round, but I am not taking any chances!

40yr old 5'9" female

R1 - 24 days {06/18/11 - 07/14/11}. Lost 17 pounds. Kept it all off until cruise in January 2012 then two months of training for work out of town. Thus...Beginning R2 April 7th!!

04/09/12 - VLCD week one total: -8.5 lb
    04/16/12 - VLCD8 - 162.0
    04/17/12 - VLCD9 - 160.4
    04/18/12 - VLCD10 - 163.0
    04/19/12 - VLCD11 - 160.4
    04/20/12 - VLCD12 - 160.6
    04/21/12 - VLCD13 - 158.8

Page 28 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast